|Namesake|| A Mesoamerican|
"house of the pot"
|Tribe Type||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s)||██ Yaxhá|
|Tribe Status|| Merged with Yaxhá|
on Night 18
|Lowest Placing Member||Jim Lynch (18/18)|
|Highest Placing Member|| Danni Boatwright|
Their tribe color was yellow.
- Blake Towsley, a real estate broker from Dallas, Texas.
- » Bobby Jon Drinkard, a waiter from Survivor: Palau.
- Brandon Bellinger, a farmer/rancher from Manhattan, Kansas.
- Brooke Struck, a law student from Hood River, Oregon.
- Cindy Hall, a zookeeper from Naples, Florida.
- Danni Boatwright, a sports radio host from Tonganoxie, Kansas.
- Jim Lynch, a retired fire captain from Northglenn, Colorado.
- Judd Sergeant, a Hotel Doorman from Ridgefield, New Jersey.
- Margaret Bobonich, a nurse practitioner from Chardon, Ohio.
Post Tribal SwapEdit
- ► Brooke Struck
- ► Cindy Hall
- ► Jamie Newton, a water skiing instructor from North Hollywood, California.
- ► Judd Sergeant
- ► Lydia Morales, a fishmonger from Lakewood, Washington.
- ► Margaret Bobonich
- ► Rafe Judkins, a Wilderness Guide from Providence, Rhode Island.
- ► » Stephenie LaGrossa, a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative from Survivor: Palau.
The tribe was formed on Day 1, consisting of eight new contestants, plus an unexpected addition, former contestant Bobby Jon Drinkard. They were then instructed to hike eleven miles through the woods to a Mayan pyramid, where the first team to make it there would get to live at the pyramid and would receive flint, while the other tribe would be sent to a new campsite. On the way there, Blake had a branch snap down on his shoulder, which Margaret nursed and took care of. After suffering many injuries, they eventually made it to the pyramid first.
Many tribe members became sick shortly after they set up camp, including Bobby Jon, Judd, Blake, and Jim, who all looked to Margaret, the nurse, for help. They lost the first Immunity Challenge and voted out Jim because he was thought to be the weakest link, considering his injured arm and his old age.
Nakúm won the next Reward and Immunity Challenges on Days 4 and 6, but Blake continued to suffer from sickness and Margaret continued nursing him, causing some people to question whether or not he would be able to survive the elements for much longer.
Nakúm won the next reward challenge on Day 7, winning a tarp, and when the guys were taking a long time on deciding how to put it up, Margaret took charge and showed them a convenient way of putting it up. This got under Judd and Bobby Jon's skin, because they felt she was "barking orders." They continued their winning streak and won the next Immunity Challenge on Day 8.
On Day 9, the tribes were switched. The two tribes chose the most deserving man and woman to go to a picnic, and they chose Margaret and Judd. Those two were away when the new tribes were separated, meaning they were stuck on their current team. The new Nakúm consisted of Brooke, Cindy, Judd, Margaret, and new tribe mates Jamie Newton, Lydia Morales, Rafe Judkins, and Stephenie LaGrossa. The new Nakúm tribe lost their first Immunity Challenge on Day 11. The members from the original Nakúm had decided that they would stick together and pick the other tribe off, but Judd had second thoughts. He decided he would flip on his old tribe, joining the old Yaxhá tribe members, and back stabbed his old tribe members one by one. He started with Brooke, then Nakúm won the next Immunity Challenge. When a double Tribal Council forced them to vote someone out on Day 15, they continued with voting out Margaret. Nakúm won the next Immunity Challenge on Day 18, and the two tribes merged immediately after Yaxhá's final Tribal Council.
- Nakúm is the first starting tribe to hang their own flag.
- Nakúm is the sixth yellow tribe.
- Nakúm has had the most illness and injury on one tribe, with 3 cases.
- None of the cases were serious enough for a medical evacuation.
- Nakúm is the first tribe to live among ruins.
- No member of the original Nakúm has returned for a future season.
Follow us on Social Media!