|Birth Date||February 17, 1983|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Physical Education teacher|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ La Flor |
|Alliance(s)||La Flor Alliance|
NaOnka Patricia Mixon is a contestant from Survivor: Nicaragua.
Despite her brash, confrontational attitude and control over the game due to the Hidden Immunity Idol, NaOnka and fellow tribemate, Kelly Shinn quit the competition on the same night, thus amending the rules on people who quit would be treated in terms of their Jury rights.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: NaOnka Mixon (27)
Tribe: La Flor, Espada, Libertad
Current Residence: Los Angeles, Calif.
Occupation: PE Teacher
Personal Claim to Fame: Not having any kids at 27!
Inspiration in Life: My sister. No matter if I stumble and fall, my sister always believes in me.
Hobbies: Playing with my doggies, working out, playing volleyball.
Pet Peeves: Old people driving.
3 Words To Describe You: Unique, spontaneous, funny.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: No one.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: Getting the experience of survival.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: My drive to win.
NaOnka was put on the La Flor tribe, originally consisting of players between the ages of 30 below. NaOnka felt that she was better off with the older players because she depicted herself as the most mature person on her tribe. NaOnka quickly became friends with Brenda Lowe and Sash Lenahan but also became enemies with Fabio Birza and Kelly Bruno, openly saying that she didn't like either of them. In fact, NaOnka even wrestled Kelly B. just for a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol, feeling no sympathy for her. Despite her bad attitude, NaOnka was protected by her alliance of Sash, Brenda, Chase Rice, and Kelly Shinn.
NaOnka was transferred to Espada on Day 12, along with Chase, Alina Wilson, and Benry Henry. During this time, NaOnka had a break down and wanted to quit, but Chase talked her out of it, saying he felt that way when his dad died, but he still felt like he was able to move on. That break down nearly got NaOnka voted off, but thanks to Tyrone Davis coming off as unpopular to the younger players, NaOnka was spared and he was voted off. NaOnka also had a hand at voting Yve Rojas off at Day 15. NaOnka targeted Alina after Yve left, but since Espada won immunity on Day 18, her plans to to wait.
When tribes merged in Day 19, NaOnka took as much food as she could, even going as far as shoving peanuts into her bra and pockets. She and Brenda told each other what happened in their respective tribes. NaOnka was mad when everyone got more food than her when she helped prepare it so she stole some cooking supplies and flour to get back at everyone, only to drag Alina into it and then got caught eating the stolen fruit in the jungle near camp, putting a target on NaOnka's back. But NaOnka was able to transfer the heat to Alina, which resulted in Alina getting voted off in Day 21. In Episode 9, Marty Piombo made a plan to feign a vote for NaOnka and blindside Jane Bright to flush out NaOnka's idol, but it didn't work as NaOnka didn't feel threatened and Marty was voted off. The alliance NaOnka and Brenda established crumbled when Holly Hoffman told NaOnka that Brenda was in control, so NaOnka got Fabio into the plan and even went along with it, saying she wanted to win not make friends. Brenda went against NaOnka, but Brenda was still voted off.
On Day 28, it began to rain hard once again, so after the Reward Challenge, NaOnka asked if she could quit, but Jeff Probst told her that she'd have to wait until that night's Tribal Council if she still wanted to quit. Even though she was going to quit, NaOnka still went on reward, which upset everyone, especially Holly and Benry. At Tribal Council, despite the other remaining 7 (except Sash) and even Jeff supplying reasons why she shouldn't quit, NaOnka still quit, finishing in 9th place and becoming the 4th member of the jury.
At Final Tribal Council, she described Chase as her boy, Fabio as her hippie friend, and viewed Sash as a strategic player. She asked Fabio if seeing his mom was what he needed to win the game. He said yes, adding he was thinking about what he would do for his family. Satisfied with his answer, NaOnka gave her jury vote to Fabio, stating it was a pleasure. Her and Purple Kelly's vote was pivotal in making Fabio the sole survivor
At the reunion show, NaOnka's mom proved that she does act like NaOnka and she's proud of her daughter. Jeff also referred to NaOnka as this season's villain and when he was going to announce the Sprint Player of the Season award, he said NaOnka wasn't even in the running.
|NaOnka's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|3||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|4||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|7||Espada Tribe Immune|
|Quit, Day 28|
| Voted For|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- NaOnka and Kelly Shinn became the first contestants to quit at the same tribal council.
- NaOnka is the only Survivor quitter to find the Hidden Immunity Idol; she gave her idol to Chase Rice before leaving the game.
- At the Survivor: Nicaragua Reunion Show, Jeff Probst revealed that after Mixon and Shinn's simultaneous voluntary exits, the producers decided that, if a contestant quit the show, the producers would deliberate whether or not put the quitter on the Jury. Jeff further revealed that the producers will reserve the right to withhold the quitter's consolation prize.
- Had Mixon and Shinn not been permitted to join the jury and the same vote would have taken place, Chase Rice would have won the season in a 4-3-0 vote.
- Despite quitting the show, NaOnka routinely frequents on Survivor message boards and Facebook groups whereas previous quitters have chosen to stay away due to fear of backlash.
- NaOnka only received votes against her from ethnic minorities (Tyrone, Yve, and Brenda).
- Whoever she voted against went home on every tribal council she attended.
- At the Day 28 Tribal Council, NaOnka erroneously noted that she was the last African-American left in the competition at the time, which was not the case since Sash Lenahan was still in (he is half African-American, as he even told NaOnka in the beginning of the game when forming an alliance with her).
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: Nicaragua Castaways|
Follow us on Social Media!