|"My Word Is My Bond"|
Without alliances, Mike has to win immunity to stay alive in the game.
|Episode Number:||13/14 (426)|
|Original Release:||May 13, 2015|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.61|
|Previous:||“Holding On for Dear Life”|
|Next:||“It's a Fickle, Fickle Game”|
My Word Is My Bond is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Worlds Apart.
Challenge: For-Word Progress
The teams would race through a series of obstacles and then untie knots to release a drawbridge. They would then use a hatchet to chop a rope, which would release puzzle pieces. Once they have all the puzzle pieces, they would use them to solve a word puzzle (A REWARD WITH ALL THE FIXIN'S). The first team to get it right wins reward.
Reward: A helicopter tour of Nicaragua and a surf and turf meal with wine.
Winners: Red Team
|Reward Challenge: For-Word Progress|
Carolyn, Mike, & Will
Dan, Rodney, & Sierra
Challenge: Puppet Master
The castaways would each use a grappling hook to retrieve three bags. Each bag contains a ball. Once they have all three bags, they would use one of those balls to solve a table maze. The first person to finish wins Immunity.
Winner: Mike Holloway
|Immunity Challenge: Puppet Master|
Carolyn, Dan, Rodney, Sierra, & Will
| Tribal Council 13:|
(Dan used Extra Vote advantage)
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Dan (x2), Rodney, Sierra, & Will
(votes not counted)
Dan (2 votes)
Carolyn & Mike
| VOTED OFF:|
No voting confessionals were shown.
|“||I came out here with three things to do: number one, have fun; number two, be remembered; number three, hopefully win this game. But as long as I made the first two, I'm still okay with that. That's just the way it goes. Every day I was here was a dream come true for me. I played a good game. I played a respectable game. I got no regrets.||”|
Still in the Running
| || || || |
| || || || || |
| || || || || || |
Behind the Scenes
- This episode marks the first time a player cast two votes at the same Tribal Council voting period.
- Dan Foley becomes the first member of Escameca eliminated since Kelly Remington on Day 19. Coincidentally, both eliminations were caused by a Hidden Immunity Idol.
- The Reward Challenge's original puzzle phrase was "A Reward Worth Playing For", but was changed to "A Reward With All The Fixin's" when the Dream Team solved it in 2 minutes.
- Ironically, this challenge set the record for the longest time taken for a word puzzle challenge to be completed.
- At the end of this episode, it marked the first time in a three-tribe season that all three of the original tribes were represented in the final five.
- Carolyn Rivera becomes the first castaway to negate more than two-thirds of the votes with a Hidden Immunity Idol, breaking the record of two-thirds set by Yau-Man Chan in Survivor: Fiji and Amanda Kimmel in Survivor: Micronesia.
- The winners of the Reward Challenge would become the Final Three of the season.
- The title was said by Dan Foley about making sure Carolyn Rivera goes along with the plan of voting Mike Holloway out.
|Survivor: Worlds Apart Episodes|
“It's Survivor Warfare” · “It Will Be My Revenge” · “Crazy Is as Crazy Does” · “Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner” · “We're Finally Playing Some Survivor” · “Odd Woman Out” · “The Line Will Be Drawn Tonight” · “Keep It Real” · “Livin' on the Edge” · “Bring the Popcorn” · “Survivor Russian Roulette” · “Holding On for Dear Life” · “My Word Is My Bond” · “It's a Fickle, Fickle Game”