|"My Word Is My Bond"|
|Episode Number:||13/15 (454)|
|Original Release:||May 13, 2015|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.61|
|Previous:||"Holding On for Dear Life"|
|Next:||"It's a Fickle, Fickle Game"|
My Word Is My Bond is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Worlds Apart.
Challenge: For-Word Progress
The teams would race through a series of obstacles and then untie knots to release a drawbridge. They would then use a hatchet to chop a rope, which would release puzzle pieces. Once they have all the puzzle pieces, they would use them to solve a word puzzle (A REWARD WITH ALL THE FIXIN'S). The first team to get it right wins reward.
Reward: A helicopter tour of Nicaragua and a surf and turf meal with wine.
Winners: Red Team (Carolyn Rivera, Mike Holloway, and Will Sims II)
| Tribal Council 13:|
(Dan used Extra Vote advantage)
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Dan (x2), Rodney, Sierra, Will
(votes not counted)
Dan (2 votes)
| VOTED OFF:|
No voting confessionals were shown.
|“||I came out here with three things to do: number one, have fun; number two, be remembered; number three, hopefully win this game. But as long as I made the first two, I'm still okay with that. That's just the way it goes. Every day I was here was a dream come true for me. I played a good game. I played a respectable game. I got no regrets.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
- This episode marks the first time a player cast two votes at the same Tribal Council voting period.
- The Reward Challenge's original puzzle phrase was "A Reward Worth Playing For", but was changed to "A Reward With All The Fixin's" when the Dream Team solved it in 2 minutes.
- Ironically, this challenge set the record for the longest time taken for a word puzzle challenge to be completed.
- At the end of this episode, it marked the first time in a three-tribe season that all three of the original tribes were represented in the final five.
- Carolyn becomes the first castaway to negate more than two-thirds of the votes with a Hidden Immunity Idol, breaking the record of two-thirds set by Yau-Man Chan in Survivor: Fiji and Amanda Kimmel in Survivor: Micronesia.
- With Carolyn's effective use of the Hidden Immunity Idol, all three idols played in the season were used at the opportune time when the user was supposed to be voted out.
- The winners of the Reward Challenge would become the final three of the season.
|Survivor: Worlds Apart Episodes|
"It's Survivor Warfare" · "It Will Be My Revenge" · "Crazy Is as Crazy Does" · "Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" · "We're Finally Playing Some Survivor" · "Odd Woman Out" · "The Line Will Be Drawn Tonight" · "Keep It Real" · "Livin' on the Edge" · "Bring the Popcorn" · "Survivor Russian Roulette" · "Holding On for Dear Life" · "My Word Is My Bond" · "It's a Fickle, Fickle Game" · "Reunion"