|Birth Date||June 15, 1970|
|Occupation|| Ex-NFL Player's wife;|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Salani|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Galang|
|Alliance(s)|| Galang Alliance|
She is notable for being the first person to refuse a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol.
Name (Age): Monica Culpepper (41)
Tribe Designation: Salani, Manono
Current Residence: Tampa, Fla.
Occupation: Physical thereapist
Personal Claim to Fame: Homecoming Queen at University of Florida in 1991, University of Florida Outstanding Female Leader Graduate in 1991, Graduated with Honors from University of Minnesota Physical Therapy School, Wife of University of Florida and nine year NFL Defensive Tackle, Brad Culpepper, and mother of three straight "A" students.
Inspiration in Life: My husband without a doubt! He is the hardest working person I know. Hewas not only an All-American Football player at University of Florida, an Academic All-American, a Southeastern Conference Hall of Famer, and Vice President of the UF student body, but also finished with a Masters degree. He won the prestigious Campbell Award, making him the number one scholar athlete in the nation. Then he went on to the NFL where he played for nine seasons with the Vikings, Buccaneers, and Bears. He was All-Madden and the NFL’s Unsung Hero Award winner. While playing in the NFL, he earned his law degree in the "off- seasons." Now, he has his own law firm and truly is a role model and a coach to me and many kids in our community. Best part is… I helped build him!
Hobbies: Kickboxing, hiking, skeet shooting, riding four wheelers, snowboarding, wakeboarding, running, reading and volunteering in my community.
Pet Peeves: People who are two-faced, unappreciative and lazy. Also, messy cars!
3 Words to Describe You: Loyal, tenacious and gritty.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I can relate to Tina Wesson, the first female winner in 2001, because she was 40, had a career in the medical field and was happily married.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I gave up my medical school and career dreams when I met my husband in college and have devoted the rest of my time to my family as a mother and a supportive spouse. It is my time to “step out” and see what grit I am made of…I’m ready to show I’m a Survivor!
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am enthusiastic, pleasant to be around and a great motivator. I’m like a chameleon; I can get along with all kinds of people. Being great at multi-tasking, I am able to process and calculate clearly under stress.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m never afraid to go out on a limb when it comes to getting something I want.
Blood vs Water
Name (Age): Monica Culpepper (42)
Tribe Designation: Galang
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Brad’s Wife
Previous Season: “Survivor: One World” – fifth person eliminated
Current Residence: Tampa, Florida
Occupation: Former NFL Wife, Homemaker
Why Did She Want to Play “Survivor” with Her Loved One?: I wanted the chance to redeem myself from my early exit on One World and there is no better way to do that than with the love of my life and lifelong tribemate, Brad. He’s my guy and having my “shield” out there is an adventure in itself.
Survivor: One World
Monica was originally placed at the all-women Salani tribe and found herself immediately on the outs. Alicia Rosa created a five-person alliance with Sabrina Thompson, Kim Spradlin, Chelsea Meissner, and Kat Edorsson. Despite not being in the majority alliance, she was not targeted for elimination due to her strength needed for challenges, even with Salani's three-challenge losing streak. Monica remained safe for the next two cycles when Salani won their first Immunity Challenge, and after a controversial move by the enemy Manono tribe of going to Tribal Council after winning an Immunity Challenge.
Monica's fate took a turn for the worst after a Day 12 tribe switch, where she, along with Alicia and Christina Cha, were transferred to the new Manono tribe, who fared dismally in challenges against an athletic, new Salani tribe. Losing the next Immunity Challenge, Monica lobbied to vote out the oldest male on the tribe, Tarzan Smith, by commissioning Colton Cumbie, who bonded with the original Salani, to help her in her effort. Unknown to Monica, Colton and Alicia were plotting against her, and with the help of Colton's "misfit alliance", Monica was blindsided in a 5-2 vote in an effort to rid the game of a potential threat as opposed to a weak link.
|Monica's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Salani Tribe Immune|
|4||Salani Tribe Immune|
|5||Tarzan|| Alicia, Colton,|
Jonas, Leif, Tarzan
|Voted Off, Day 14|
Survivor: Blood vs Water
|Monica's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|4||Galang Tribe Immune|
|10||Laura M.||Individual Immunity|
| Ciera, Hayden, Katie;|
|Statistics of Monica Culpepper|
|Total number of days||14|
|Total votes received||5|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
- Monica is the wife of former NFL football player Brad Culpepper. The couple initially applied for The Amazing Race, but its casting producers suggested they apply for Survivor. Monica explained that CBS was more interested with her than with her husband.
- Monica is the second wife of a former NFL player to be on Survivor, following Taj Johnson-George, who is married to former Tennessee Titans running back Eddie George.
- Between One World and Blood vs. Water, Monica got a matching tattoo on the right side of her body to go with Brad Culpepper's right-arm tattoo.
- Monica is one of eight castaways (others being Rob Mariano, Shii Ann Huang, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Russell Swan, Michael Skupin, Francesca Hogi, and Colton Cumbie) to return for a second season despite not making the merge/jury phase on their original season.
- In One World, Monica was outranked by Colton Cumbie and Kat Edorsson, but in Blood vs. Water, she outranked both of them.
- Monica is the only female castaway to reach the Merge without her Loved One in Survivor: Blood vs Water.
- Monica is the only female castaway to win the Survivor Smorgasbord as an individual challenge.
- Helen Glover also won, but it was her husband who did the eating.
- Monica had her 43rd birthday on Day 27 of Blood vs. Water.
- ↑ Deggans, Eric (May 10, 2013). "Tampa Bay 'Survivor' Contestants Reminisce about Experiences". Tampa Bay Times. http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/tampa-bay-survivor-contestants-reminisce-about-experiences/2119492. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
|Survivor: One World Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs Water Castaways|