|Namesake:||Isla Mogo Mogo, Pearl Islands|
|Tribe Type:||Starting tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s):|| Chapera|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Chapera on Day 25|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Jenna Morasca (16/18)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Shii Ann Huang (6/18)|
A fairly cohesive unit in the beginning, the tribe routinely finished second in challenges despite their immediate scramble to make alliances. After Saboga's dissolution in Day 13, Mogo Mogo's subsequent challenge losses found themselves entering the merge with bad numbers, before eventually facing extinction. Their tribe color was green.
- » Colby Donaldson, from The Australian Outback, memorable for being the series most dominating castaway in challenges.
- » Jenna Morasca, from The Amazon, best known for stripping with Heidi Strobel for chocolate and peanut butter and winning her season in the show's first landslide vote.
- » Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, from Marquesas, known for heading a counter-alliance that overthrew the Rotu Four.
- » Lex van den Berghe, from Africa, known for being a master strategist who had control over most of his season.
- » Richard Hatch, from Borneo, famous for being the show's first Sole Survivor and official strategist.
- » Shii Ann Huang, from Thailand, best known for turning on her tribe at the "Fake Merge" and consequently being voted out for her scheming.
- ► Colby Donaldson
- ►» Ethan Zohn, the winner of Africa, became the one of the show's most likable winners.
- ►» Jerri Manthey, from The Australian Outback, the first villainess from Survivor.
- ► Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien
- ► Lex van den Berghe
- ► Richard Hatch
- ► Shii Ann Huang
- ►►» Alicia Calaway, from The Australian Outback, infamous for her "finger-wagging" incident with Kucha tribemate Kimmi Kappenberg, in one of the show's most iconic rivalries.
- ►►» Jenna Lewis, from Borneo, popular for not receiving her loved ones tape on the Loved Ones Challenge.
- ►►» Rob Mariano, from Marquesas, known for his aggressive gameplay which got him sent home immediately after the merge.
- ►►» Rupert Boneham, from Pearl Islands, known for stealing shoes and his attachment to his tribe's fishing spear.
- ►►» Tom Buchanan, from Africa, notable for his unintelligible Southern accent and cheerful disposition.
The plotting started almost as soon as Mogo Mogo hit the beach, with the women planning a pre-emptive alliance against the men. However, when Richard Hatch overheard Jenna Morasca and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien scheming, the tribe aired its dirty laundry and agreed to put all talk of alliances on the back-burner for the time being. The tribe settled in, with Richard acting as a provider for the tribe. Mogo Mogo was also consistent in challenges, routinely placing second and avoiding Tribal Council. However, the game took a back seat to real life when Mogo Mogo became concerned with the well-being of ailing tribe member Jenna M. It became apparent that Jenna M. was preoccupied with thoughts of her mother, who was fighting a losing battle with cancer back home. After weighing her options, Jenna M. left the game to be with her mother on Day 9. Mogo Mogo was reduced to five members.
On Day 13, Mogo Mogo won the Reward Challenge that gave it the right to choose members from the dismantled Saboga tribe. The tribe chose Ethan Zohn and Jerri Manthey, under the pretense of eliminating Ethan as a threat. However, when Mogo Mogo lost the next Immunity Challenge, Colby Donaldson turned on Richard and swayed the tribe against him. Richard attempted to stage a comeback by making an alliance with the women, but it was no use. Richard was voted out in a unanimous 6-1 landslide.
Mogo Mogo's next trip to Tribal Council came on Day 19, after losing a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge that allowed Chapera to kidnap Kathy and prevent her from attending Tribal Council. Colby pushed to have his old rival Jerri voted off, but instead, Lex van den Berghe seized power within the tribe and betrayed his former ally. Colby was voted out, 3-2.
When asked by Tree Mail to select an ambassador to go scope out the remaining tribe's camp, Mogo Mogo chose Kathy, knowing she had already created rapport with Chapera, and thus would not be viewed with hostility. Kathy was to select three items to take from the Chapera camp in the event that Mogo Mogo won that afternoon's Reward Challenge; she chose their parachute, blanket, and tarp, but Mogo Mogo would go on to lose that challenge and in the process, their grill, Hawaiian sling, and one bag of rice were taken by Chapera. The loss of their rice was considered a particularly harsh blow by many members of the tribe.
As Colby's only remaining former ally, Ethan found himself in a similar precarious position to the one he'd been in at Saboga. Ethan appealed to his former ally, Lex, to vote out Jerri and keep him instead. When Mogo Mogo lost its third consecutive Immunity Challenge, however, Lex's alliance disposed of Ethan in a 4-1 vote.
On Day 22, the tribe received a Tree Mail along with body paint, leading the castaways to believe a merge was imminent. Instead, the tribes were shuffled: by coincidence, Amber Brkich was the only castaway to remain on her original tribe while all other castaways were reversed. This meant that Jerri, Kathy, Lex, and Shii Ann Huang were no longer members of Mogo Mogo—and, as a result, the new incarnation of Mogo Mogo was comprised entirely of former members of Chapera—Alicia, Jenna L., Rob M., Rupert, and Tom.
Mogo Mogo won the next Immunity Challenge, a trivia contest, leading Rob M. to assume that Chapera would vote off Amber at the next Tribal Council. Spurred by this, Rob told Lex after the challenge that he would reward Lex if Lex protected Amber.
Not knowing Amber's fate, Rob struck a side deal with Alicia Calaway. Amber, however, had survived the most recent Tribal Council. On Day 26, the tribes merged into Chaboga Mogo, the name being a portmanteau of the starting tribe's names. As the tribes merged, Rob and Amber were reunited.
- In terms of distribution of castaways per season, Mogo Mogo was the most diverse tribe on All-Stars, boasting one castaway from each of the first six seasons. Mogo Mogo was also the original tribe of Shii Ann Huang, the only castaway from Survivor: Thailand.
- This makes Mogo Mogo the only tribe of entirely returning castaways to not have multiple castaways from any previous season.
- Mogo Mogo was considered by the castaways to have had the worst of the three original camps. Chapera was able to fashion a comfortable and functional camp in the shelter-building challenge on Day 7, and Saboga's camp was near a grove of plantains. Mogo Mogo's camp, on the other hand, was described by Jenna Lewis as a "crap camp", located near nettles and teeming with mosquitoes.
- On the morning of the tribal shuffle, the Mogo Mogo tribe was given a jar of green body paint as part of Tree Mail. Due to the lack of explicit instructions, Mogo Mogo opted to bring the paint with them to the event rather than use it on themselves.
- Mogo Mogo is the tribe to go the second longest without voting someone out, at 15 days. The longest is Tandang from Survivor: Philippines, with 19 days.
- The Bulgarian version of Survivor also had a tribe named Mogo Mogo.
- In the fourth season of the French version, Koh-Lanta: Panama, a starting tribe was also named "Mogo", a shorter version of Mogo Mogo. Its rival tribe, interestingly, was named Chapera.
- Amber Brkich was the only castaway in All-Stars to make the merge but never be a member of Mogo Mogo.
- After the tribe switch on Day 22, there were no more original Mogo Mogo members left at Mogo Mogo camp, as all the remaining original members were sent to the Chapera tribe.
- This makes Mogo Mogo the only tribe to contain none of its old members as the direct result of a tribe swap.