|Birth Date||March 13, 1947|
|Hometown||Marina del Rey, California|
|Tribe(s)||██ Foa Foa|
Mike Borassi is a contestant from Survivor: Samoa.
Retrieved from CBS.com
This California transplant, originally from New York, will do or say anything to become the next SURVIVOR. After a career as a college football coach at Boston University in the 1970’s and over 30 years in the food industry, he currently works as a personal chef.
Married without children, he enjoys gardening, reading, working out and spending time with friends. He is funny, dependable and quiet, yet, he is never afraid to tell it like it is. He can’t stand bad drivers, republicans or bigots and admits that the easiest way to make him angry is to move around his kitchen equipment.
At 62 years old, he has been preparing for his experience on SURVIVOR by working out with a personal trainer on a daily basis and has lost over 30 pounds in preparation for his chance at the million dollar prize. A true SURVIVOR fan, he has watched every single episode from the very beginning and came close to being part of the cast last season. His strategy includes remaining cooperative and low-key so the “stupid, cocky ones self-destruct.” Rather than making aggressive moves, he plans to allow his leadership qualities to emerge naturally which may mask the fact that he can, at times, be competitive and almost predatory.
Mike resides in Marina del Rey, Calif. and his birthday is March 13.
Mike started on the Foa Foa tribe and because of his personality and cooking background, he wasn't an immediate target despite being the oldest player in the game. Upon the tribes' first immunity challenge loss, Mike suggested the tribe vote off Ashley Trainer, but in reality he would be a part of Russell Hantz's campaign to vote off Marisa Calihan. In the next immunity challenge, after having endured a lot of tough hits, Jeff Probst asked Mike to stay for the Medical Team to examine him. Mike was pulled from the game due to injury, finishing in 19th place.
|Mike's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||No Tribal Council|
|Evacuated, Day 5|
- On January 9, 2010, Mike attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Borassi is the oldest contestant to be evacuated from the game.
- He was also the oldest contestant to compete on Survivor: Samoa.
- According to the Jeff Probst cast assessment, Mike was originally slated to appear on Survivor: Tocantins, but due to his health, was put on reserve until he improved.
- At the time he was evacuated, Mike had the record for earliest evacuation at Day 5. His record would eventually be broken by Kourtney Moon of Survivor: One World, leaving on Day 3.
- Mike is the first person to leave the game on Day 5.
- On the first night, Mike fell into a banyan tree and separated his shoulder.
- He is the only contestant to vote only once, at the first tribal council, and not be the first person voted out of the game.
- Jeff Probst revealed in a video online that the challenge that caused his evacuation has since been banned from reappearing on the show.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: Samoa Castaways|