Mikayla Marie Wingle is a contestant from Survivor: South Pacific.
She is best known for being the victim of Brandon Hantz's lust throughout the game. She was targeting by him for seemingly being a "threat," even being referred to as Parvati Shallow by him. This, combined with her inability to crack The Family alliance, resulted in her elimination.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Mikayla Wingle (22)
Tribe designation: Upolu
Current residence: Tampa, Fla.
Occupation: Lingerie Football Player
Personal claim to fame: I was on the cover of Playboy February 2011 and met the hard working Hugh Hefner.
Inspiration in life: My mother is my inspiration. She is a strong, independent woman who always taught me to reach for my goals in life. She raised my brother and me as a single mother and we never felt we were without anything we wanted. I can only hope to be half the mother she is.
Hobbies: I like going to Broadway plays, riding quads, camping and going to the beach. Growing up in Northern New Jersey gave me the love of being outdoors.
Pet peeves: Dishonest people, liars and people who think they are better than everyone else.
3 words to describe you: Outspoken, humorous and witty.
SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: Jane. She stands up for herself and never lets her morals go. She is a hard worker and loves her dogs just like I love my pup, Diesel.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: It is my mom's favorite show and we have been watching since I was 10 years old. She told me that if I ever got the opportunity to be on it we would jump at the chance!
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I feel that I am a strong independent woman and I know I will strive to prevail. Quitters never win and winners never quit.
Why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: Playing sports all my life, I feel I am a competitor at heart. I am very athletic and am very likeable. I plan to use these qualities to get me to the end!
Mikayla was one of the nine castaways placed on the Upolu tribe in Survivor: South Pacific. She was instantly seen as the strongest female contestant in the game. Her biggest mistake was not forming any major alliance during the first few days of the game which made her an outcast, along with Stacey Powell and Christine Shields Markoski. She was instantly seen as a target by fellow tribe mate Brandon Hantz because of her beauty since Brandon Hantz felt awkward around her due to his loyalty to his wife, which made him decide to try to convince the tribe to vote her out during their first Tribal Council in Day 5. He tried to convince Coach to vote her out with the argument "She acts like Parvati Shallow" and followed this up by convincing Stacey and Christine that the whole tribe was going to vote for Mikayla. This strategy ended up failing mainly because Coach's alliance decided to keep her for her physical strength while Christine and Stacey found out that Brandon was spreading fake rumors which he confessed to during Tribal Council which saved Mikayla from elimination. Brandon's act shocked several of his tribe mates and Mikayla herself who didn't even do anything. This created a schism between Mikayla and Brandon and also made the tribe see Brandon in a completely different way.
Mikayla was seen as the target when Christine and Stacey were eliminated since she was the only member left in Upolu who wasn't in the core alliance. She was seen as selfish by Coach because she put 2 huge spoonfuls of their very limited cream and sugar (which they won during a joint Reward/Immunity Challenge) into her coffee while everyone else was conserving their supplies by only using 1 small teaspoon of cream and sugar. During their Immunity Challenge where they had to shoot targets by using large slingshots, Coach blamed her for their loss since she wasn't acting like a team player (she was using 1 hand to shoot instead of 2 and insisted on shooting despite Coach's orders to let someone else take a shot). Since Upolu lost this crucial challenge, the tribe initially targeted her, but Albert Destrade tried to save her by arguing their fellow alliance member Edna gave less benefit to the tribe since she was not strong at all and that they needed more physically adept contestants on their team. However Coach argued that Edna was a loyal and obedient teammate and what they truly needed was loyalty. Despite the alliance's decision to vote out Mikayla, Albert tried to shift votes towards Edna but lost the crucial swing vote of Rick Nelson, leaving Mikayla to go to Redemption Island after a 4-3 split vote.
Mikayla participated in a duel with Christine in Redemption Island and had the full support of her tribe mates while Christine who was the first Upolu member to get voted out received no support from her former tribe mates. They needed to remove planks from a box then use those planks to build a bridge. After crossing the bridge they then use specifically marked planks to form the Redemption Island logo. After a close showdown, Christine emerged victorious and Mikayla became the 5th person the be eliminated from Survivor: South Pacific.
|Mikayla's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|3||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|5||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|6||Edna|| Brandon, Coach,|
|Voted Off, Day 16|
|7||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 17|
- Mikayla still harbors resentment towards her Survivor: South Pacific tribemate Brandon Hantz, bashing him along with Russell Hantz in many of her Twitter posts.
- Mikayla is currently an aspiring pro bodybuilding competitor. She finished in 3rd place at the 2014 NPC Junior USA Championships.
- Mikayla became engaged to her boyfriend on May 31, 2016, her 27th birthday.
- Wingle was a Playboy cover model for February 2011.
- Mikayla is Number 10 of the Tampa Bay Breeze, a Lingerie Football team.
- Mikayla was one of 32 contestants eligible to be selected to compete on Survivor: Cambodia, but was not chosen to be on the final cast.
- Monica Padilla stated she was shocked that Mikayla, along with Teresa Cooper, were ultimately not included in the final cast of Cambodia, viewing them as strong women.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/62888/
- ↑ http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/contests/2014/npc_junior_usa_championships/mikayla_wingle
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BGHRN02mtwq/
- ↑ http://getreallol.com/survivor-news-a-former-castaway-gets-married/
- ↑ http://people.com/tv/survivor-mikayla-wingle-wedding-exclusive-photos/
- ↑ http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/content/mikayla-wingle-lingerie-football-player-tampa-among-contestants-survivor-south-pacific
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-second-chance-contenders/2182913_mikayla-wingle
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/26/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-video-shane-powers
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|