|Born:||October 3, 1979|
Marcus Lehman is a contestant from Survivor: Gabon.
A young professional doctor, Lehman quickly caught the attention of his cast mates with his physical presence, and his attractive features caught the eye of both the women and men. He also led the Onion Alliance and when he was blindsided following the second tribe switch, the alliance faltered and was eliminated systematically.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Marcus Lehman, a young doctor from Jacksonville, Fla. considers himself mentally and physically prepared to compete for his chance to be the Sole Survivor.
Recognized as the state of Georgia's hottest bachelor by Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2006, Lehman strives to achieve the highest levels in all areas of life.
A rower and graduate of Harvard University, Marcus went on to finish medical school at Emory University while developing his interest in triathlons. The single resident physician will eventually work as an anesthesiologist after he completes specialty training, but also continues to develop his interest in medical reporting and acts as a spokesman for preventative medicine.
Marcus describes himself as a romantic who enjoys exercising, playing music, cooking and fine wine, not to mention doing some flirting on his way to finding the perfect girl. Marcus hopes he will be able to use his charm and physical prowess to make it far in the game.
Lehman's birthday is October 3, 1979.
Marcus Lehman was selected by Sugar Kiper to be on the Kota tribe. At the Kota camp, Marcus quickly befriended Charlie Herschel. Realizing they needed the numbers, they recruited Jacquie Berg and Corinne Kaplan. The four of them realized they needed one more person so they got Bob Crowley to join their Onion Alliance. After winning two straight tribe Immunity Challenges, they lost the third and the Onion Alliance voted off Paloma Soto-Castillo for being weak in challenges and not being in the majority alliance. Due to winning the individual Immunity Challenge on Day 1, Marcus was immune from the vote.
On the Day 10 Tribe switch, Marcus was deemed the most important person on Kota, so he won the right to stay on Kota and pick the first member of the new tribe. Marcus picked Dan Kay to be on the new Kota. After the tribe shuffle, Marcus still had allies Charlie, Bob, and Corinne on his side, but Jacquie was on the rival Fang. After Kota won the next Immunity Challenge win, Marcus' ally Jacquie was gone.
Realizing they needed the numbers, they brought in Randy Bailey because of his strength in challenges and this left Dan and Susie Smith on the outs. After winning the last two tribal Immunity Challenges, Kota were up in numbers 7-5 and were expecting a merge. However, both tribes was going to Tribal Council instead. In the individual Immunity Challenge on Day 21, Marcus won Kota's individual immunity and gave a second one to Sugar, in hopes she keeps its to herself. Marcus voted against Susie, but the rest of his alliance voted off Dan in fear he may have a Hidden Immunity Idol.
A sudden second tribe switch shook up the game. Corinne, Randy and Charlie were switched to Fang and Marcus, Bob and Susie stayed at Kota. However, after they lose immunity, Marcus and Bob campaigned to get rid of Ken Hoang. They knew Ken and Crystal Cox we're going to vote for him, but Susie was the swing vote. Marcus was voted out 3-2 and was the first member of the jury.
At Final Tribal Council, Marcus criticized Susie for using the "Just a Game" mentality for not being a role model for her son. Marcus then asked Sugar what would she do to honor her father's memory if she won the million dollars. After admitting she didn't believe she would win the money, Sugar said she would use some of it towards lung cancer research and helping children. Marcus then asked Bob to name an example when he taken responsibility for his decisions. Bob then admitted that because of Marcus calling the shots, he didn't have the opportunity to take control nor did he need to. Marcus voted for his ally, Bob to become the Sole Survivor.
|Marcus' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Kota Tribe Immune|
|2||Kota Tribe Immune|
|4||Kota Tribe Immune|
|5||Kota Tribe Immune|
|6||Kota Tribe Immune|
|8||Ken|| Crystal, Ken,|
|Voted Off, Day 24|
| Voted for|
- On January 9, 2010, Marcus attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of his Gabon cast mates.
- In October 2013, Marcus went back to Africa for a medical mission in Nigeria.
- Marcus is the first contestant to reach the jury phase without ever being vulnerable at a pre-jury Tribal Council. This feat was replicated by the entire original Tandang tribe in Philippines, by Joe Anglim and Keith Nale in Cambodia, and by Michele Fitzgerald and Nick Maiorano in Kaôh Rōng.
- Marcus held the record for the most consecutive days starting from Day 1 without being vulnerable at Tribal Council. First being vulnerable on Day 24, he was eliminated the first time he was vulnerable.
- Marcus' immunity streak record was broken by Joe Anglim during Cambodia, who was immune for the first 29 days of the game. Because Joe was a returning contestant, Marcus still holds the record for a first-timer.
- Marcus is one of two original Kotas (along with Bob Crowley) to remain on Kota after both tribe switches.
- Marcus is the first contestant to win individual immunity twice in a single season and not make the merge. Gabon was the first season in which this was possible.
- Marcus holds the record for the longest time between winning immunity and using said immunity. He won immunity on Day 1, and then used it on Day 9, when Kota went to their first Tribal Council.
- Marcus lost 15 lbs. during his time in Gabon.
|Survivor: Gabon Castaways|