|Birth Date||October 3, 1979|
Marcus Lehman is a contestant from Survivor: Gabon.
A young professional doctor, Lehman quickly caught the attention of his cast mates by his physical presence and attractive features which caught the eye of both the women and men.
Marcus Lehman, a young doctor from Jacksonville, Fla. considers himself mentally and physically prepared to compete for his chance to be the sole SURVIVOR.
Recognized as the state of Georgia's hottest bachelor by Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2006, Lehman strives to achieve the highest levels in all areas of life.
A rower and graduate of Harvard University, Marcus went on to finish medical school at Emory University while developing his interest in triathlons. The single resident physician of Cuban-American descent will eventually work as an anesthesiologist after he completes specialty training, but also continues to develop his interest in medical reporting and acts as a spokesman for preventative medicine.
Marcus describes himself as a romantic who enjoys exercising, playing music, cooking and fine wine, not to mention doing some flirting on his way to finding the perfect girl. Marcus hopes he will be able to use his charm and physical prowess to make it far in the game.
Lehman's birthday is October 3, 1979.
Marcus Lehman was selected by Sugar Kiper to be on the Kota tribe. At the Kota camp, Marcus quickly befriended Charlie Herschel. Realizing they needed the numbers, they recruited Jacquie Berg and Corinne Kaplan. The four of them realized they needed one more person so they got Bob Crowley to join their Onion Alliance. After winning two straight tribe Immunity Challenges, they lost the third and the Onion Alliance voted off Paloma Soto-Castillo for being weak in challenges and not being in the majority alliance. Due to winning the individual Immunity Challenge on Day 1 Marcus was immune from the vote.
On the Day 10 Tribe switch Marcus was deemed the most important person on Kota, so he won the right to stay on Kota and pick the first member of the new tribe. Marcus picked Dan Kay to be on the new Kota. After the tribe shuffle, Marcus still had allies Charlie, Bob and Corinne on his side, but Jacquie was on the rival Fang. After Kota won the next Immunity Challenge win, Marcus' ally Jacquie was gone.
Realizing they needed the numbers they brought In Randy Bailey because of his strength in challenges and this left Dan and Susie Smith on the outs. After winning the last two tribal Immunity Challenges, Kota were up in numbers 7-5 and were expecting a merge. However, both tribes was going to Tribal Council instead. In the individual Immunity Challenge on Day 21, Marcus won Kota's individual immunity and gave a second one to Sugar, in hopes she keeps its to herself. Marcus voted against Susie, but the rest of his alliance voted off Dan in fear he may have a Hidden Immunity Idol.
A sudden second tribe switch shook up the game. Corinne, Randy and Charlie were switched to Fang and Marcus, Bob and Susie stayed at Kota. However, after a lost immunity, Marcus and Bob campaigned to get rid of Ken Hoang. They knew Ken and Crystal Cox we're going to vote for him, but Susie was the swing vote. Marcus was voted out 3-2 and was the first member of the jury. In the Final Tribal Council, Marcus voted for his ally Bob, who went on to win the game.
|Marcus' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Kota Tribe Immune|
|2||Kota Tribe Immune|
|4||Kota Tribe Immune|
|5||Kota Tribe Immune|
|6||Kota Tribe Immune|
|8||Ken|| Crystal, Ken,|
|Voted Off, Day 24|
| Voted for|
- On January 9, 2010, Marcus attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of his Gabon cast mates.
- In October 2013, Marcus went back to Africa for a medical mission in Nigeria.
- Marcus has the highest IQ among all contestants in his season.
- Marcus holds the record for the most consecutive days starting from Day 1 without being vulnerable at Tribal Council with 24. (Kota won tribal immunity five times, and Marcus won individual immunity twice, giving him safety from Kota's first two Tribal Councils.)
- The first time that Marcus was vulnerable, he was eliminated. The only other person to have individual immunity at their first Tribal Council and be voted out the first time they were not immune is Yau-Man Chan in Survivor: Micronesia.
- Marcus is the first contestant to reach the Jury phase without ever being vulnerable at Tribal Council. This feat was replicated by the entire Tandang tribe in Philippines.
- Marcus is the second person to win individual immunity in the first episode and use it in a later episode, after Kathy Sleckman in Survivor: Micronesia.
- Marcus is one of two original Kotas (along with Bob Crowley) to remain on Kota after both tribe switches.
- Marcus received all votes against him from ethnic minorities.
- Marcus is the first contestant to win individual immunity twice in a single season and not make the merge. Survivor: Gabon was the first season in which this was possible.
- Marcus holds the record for the longest time between winning immunity and using said immunity. He won immunity on Day 1, and then used it on Day 9, when Kota went to their first Tribal Council.
- Marcus lost 15 lbs in Gabon.
|Survivor: Gabon Castaways|