Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Little Miss Perfect"|
Jonathan talks to Lisa.
|Episode Number:||9/14 (352)|
|Original Release:||November 14, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||10.06|
|Previous:||"Dead Man Walking"|
|Next:||"Whiners Are Wieners"|
Little Miss Perfect is the ninth episode of Survivor: Philippines.
This time, Jonathan Penner has no protection but his alliance. The Tandang Alliance targets Jonathan, while the Matsing-Kalabaw Alliance targets Artis Silvester, as Abi-Maria Gomes is least likely to play her Hidden Immunity Idol on him. Despite most of the effort seeming to be focused on getting Lisa Whelchel to flip (with Michael being a back-up plan), it is Michael Skupin who flips from the Tandang Alliance, giving the Matsing-Kalabaw alliance the numbers to blindside Artis. Artis would be voted out by a 5-4 vote and becomes the 3rd member of the jury. And for the first time in this game, Abi-Maria and Pete Yurkowski find themselves in a bad position heading back to camp.
Challenge: Muddy Waters
The Dangrayne tribe will be divided into two teams of four via schoolyard-style picking. Tribe members must traverse a muddy obstacle course (a crawl through, an A-frame, and a rice pen) while retrieving bags with three balls. Once all bags are collected, all four members must shoot twelve balls into a fish trap propped like a basket. The first quartet to shoot all twelve balls into the fish trap basket would win the reward.
Reward: A trip to a local Filipino village, where the winning team will deliver school supplies and various toys, and receive a feast.
Additional Stipulation: Due to the odd number of players, one castaway will not participate and will not have a shot at winning reward. Abi-Maria is the last person not picked by either team, thus forfeiting her from the reward.
Winners: Red Team
|Reward Challenge: Muddy Waters|
Carter, Denise, Jonathan, & Malcolm
Artis, Lisa, Michael, & Pete
Challenge: Paddle Out
The castaways must balance an oversized paddle while attempting to glide a ball down to the end of the paddle, where six small holes are located. The first castaway to get a ball in all six holes will win Immunity.
Winner: Michael Skupin
|Immunity Challenge: Paddle Out|
Abi-Maria, Artis, Carter, Denise, Jonathan, Lisa, Malcolm, & Pete
| Tribal Council 9:|
Artis (5 votes)
Carter, Denise, Jonathan, Malcolm, & Michael
Jonathan (4 votes)
Abi-Maria, Artis, Lisa, & Pete
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Jonathan) I'm not sending you home because you're a returning player. I'm sending you home because you are really good at this game, and I respect that.||”|
|“||(voting for Artis) I have no doubt that selfish mess Abi is never going to give you her Immunity Idol.||”|
|“||Well played to Penner. He managed to pull off the improbable. Well played, all I can do is applaud him. I have no ill will toward anybody in the game because when it's all said and done, it is a game. I could not have been more happy. Well, I take that back, actually, yes, I could have if I had won the million dollars.||”|
Still in the Running
Life at Ponderosa
Artis Silvester heads to Ponderosa, where R.C. Saint-Amour gives him the cold shoulder. Jeff Kent, on the other hand, welcomes him. Artis then goes for his post-game medical check-up, where it is revealed that Artis drops from 201.3 lbs. to 182 lbs. He then expresses his bewilderment upon seeing himself in the mirror after 25 days. R.C. then expresses her disappointment for Michael Skupin not helping her and Jeff's cause, but only did it later. Instead of going for dinner, Artis states he is more concerned about his hygiene, and heads to the shower instead. Reflecting on his Survivor experience, Artis learns that he should not take things for granted.
The next day, Artis predicts that either Malcolm Freberg, Denise Stapley, or Pete Yurkowski will go home next. R.C. then asks Jeff his predictions. Jeff replies that he will not speculate any longer, since he is already out of the game. Jeff then appears bored throughout their downtime.
- This episode marks the first time that returning player Michael Skupin has won an Individual Immunity, as well as any individual challenges in his two seasons, as he did not make the merge in Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- At the Reward Challenge, the whole yellow team was entirely comprised of Tandang members (minus Abi-Maria, who is eliminated by default after not being picked), while the red team has the remaining two members from the Kalabaw and Matsing tribes.
- At the village, the castaways played Pukpok Palayok ("pukpok" meaning "to pound" or "to hammer" and "palayok," meaning "clay pot"), a game similar to piñata, but instead of a papier-mâché container, earthen pots are hanged to be smashed.
- The Immunity Challenge site was later used in Survivor: Caramoan as the site for Caramoan Catering in "Blindside Time" and Drop A Log in "Come Over to the Dark Side".
- This is the only Tribal Council Pete Yurkowski attends where he doesn't receive a vote.
- Everyone who voted against Artis Silvester had won a challenge in the episode. Michael had won immunity and the others won the Reward Challenge.
- This episode title is mentioned by Lisa Whelchel describing herself.
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
"Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops" · "Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights" · "This Isn't a 'We' Game" · "Create a Little Chaos" · "Got My Swag Back" · "Down and Dirty" · "Not the Only Actor on This Island" · "Dead Man Walking" · "Little Miss Perfect" · "Whiners Are Wieners" · "Hell Hath Frozen Over" · "Shot into Smithereens" · "Gouge My Eyes Out" · "Million Dollar Question"