Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Born:||May 29, 1963|
|Tribe(s):|| Tandang |
|Alliance(s):|| Tandang Alliance |
Lisa Diane Whelchel is a contestant on Survivor: Philippines.
Whelchel is an American actress best known for portraying Blair Warner in the sitcom The Facts of Life. In the Philippines, she overcame an early crisis of confidence to become one of the more active, high-profile contestants of her season. She formed a lasting alliance with Michael Skupin that controlled much of the post-merge gameplay, however, her inconstant loyalties to other castaways and her occasional inability to separate emotional from strategic motives rendered her overall game slapdash in the eyes of many jury members. At the Final Tribal Council, she and Skupin and tied for the runner-up spot, losing to Denise Stapley in a 6-1-1 vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Personal Claim to Fame: My three delightful and interesting children and the close friendship we enjoy.
Inspiration in Life: I admire and respect Oprah. She has used her fame and fortune to help people.
Hobbies: Reading, scrapbooking and traveling.
Pet Peeves: People who judge other people.
3 Words to Describe You: Quick-witted, sharp-minded and brave-hearted.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
1) A Bible with giant print because I don't know if I would have my reading glasses.
2) A journal and a pen because I have a terrible memory and I don't want to forget a minute of this experience.
3) Playing cards because I love to play games.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby – I'm competitive, genuine and from Texas!
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I LOVE the game and was born to play it. Plus, I want to meet Jeff Probst.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I am strong physically, intellectually and in will.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: My inherent make up is to assess the big picture goal, determine the steps to reach it, gain everything there is to learn about how to accomplish the goal, jump in with both feet, connect with other people's strengths and never give up until the job is done.
Lisa started on the Tandang tribe, which was joined by returning player Michael Skupin. She decides not to tell anyone that see was a past star on The Facts of Life. Despite this, Skupin immediately identifies her as such and almost calls her Blair. Abi-Maria Gomes and R.C. Saint-Amour viewed her untrustworthy. She and Artis started out on the outside of the tribe, with Lisa being the intended first target to be voted off because of R.C.'s distrust in her. She joined the second version of the Tandang Alliance while on the tribe, which happened when Abi and RC got into an argument over the idol which put the target on RC. Despite taking a while to settle into the tribe, she didn't have to worry about being voted off, as her tribe never saw Tribal Council.
At the merge, Lisa votes with majority of the tribe in flushing out Jonathan Penner's idol and eliminating Tandang outcast R.C. With Penner winning immunity, she, votes with the Tandang Alliance in blindsiding Jeff Kent. During the next Tribal Council, Skupin flips to the opposing Matsing-Kalabaw Alliance which leads to Artis Silvester being blindsided and the Tandang Alliance being down in numbers. Eventually she joins Skupin. After eliminating Pete Yurkowski, Lisa agrees to a Final Four deal with Denise Stapley, Malcolm Freberg, and Skupin after Penner declined her offer for a Final Four deal between Skupin, Penner, Carter, and herself previously. The alliance stayed true and Penner was voted out. The next challenge was the Loved Ones Challenge. Lisa was emotional when she sees her younger brother, Justice. Malcolm won and he chose her, Skupin and their loved ones to join them. Justice give Lisa the courage to try to blindside Malcolm. However, Malcolm wins the next Immunity Challenges and she joins the rest of the tribe in voting out the alliance outsiders, Carter Williams and Abi-Maria. Malcolm also won an advantage to Final Immunity Challenge. Despite that, he was the first out. Lisa almost won the last Immunity Challenge but Skupin won. After debating whether Malcolm or Denise was the bigger jury threat, Lisa wanted Malcolm gone and got her way.
At the Final Tribal Council, Lisa was criticized for her hesitant gameplay. Penner exposed her past as a TV star. Lisa gained one vote from R.C., because the latter knew that Lisa would be a big threat. The vote was enough to tie her with ally and friend Michael Skupin for second place as Denise garnered the rest of the votes to become Sole Survivor.
|Lisa's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|2||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|3||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|4||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|5||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|6||Tandang Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Co-Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In Not the Only Actor on This Island, Jonathan used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Lisa's vote against him.
^2 In Whiners Are Wieners, Abi-Maria used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Lisa's vote against her.
- Lisa was set to co-host The Jeff Probst Show in 2013 before its cancellation.
- In 2013, Lisa made and released a workout DVD called Lisa Whelchel's Everyday Workout for the Everyday Woman.
- In July 2014, Lisa appeared as guest co-host on The View.
- In 2014, Lisa starred in the TV movie For Better or for Worse which also included her former The Facts of Life co-star Kim Fields.
- Lisa was the oldest woman in Survivor: Philippines.
- When the Tandang tribe painted their initials on a tree at their camp, Lisa put her initials as "LC", using her married name Lisa Cauble, to hide her identity. This was despite the fact that she had divorced her husband Steven Cauble less than a month before the game began.
- Being a fan of The Facts of Life as a young adult, returning castaway Michael Skupin recognized her, but could not call her by her stage name Blair because it would throw her off-guard.
- Lisa is the first castaway to appear in an interview prior to the airing of their elimination episode. Lisa was on the Jeff Probst Show while Survivor: Philippines was in its midway point.
- Lisa is the first new player to win the Fan Favorite Award in a season to have returning castaways.
- Lisa and Skupin are the second pair to tie for second place at the Final Tribal Council after Dreamz Herd and Cassandra Franklin of Survivor: Fiji. They will be followed by Carolyn Rivera and Will Sims II in Survivor: Worlds Apart.
- Unlike Dreamz and Cassandra, Lisa and Skupin never received votes against them, and received votes from the jury.
- Lisa is the first person ever to defeat Jeff Probst in a Survivor trivia game on the Jeff Probst Show.
- During the game, there was a Facts of Life question that lead to Jeff's loss.
- Lisa was considered to return to Survivor: Caramoan as a Favorite, but wasn't chosen to return since it would be difficult to be on back-to-back seasons since she was a mother.
- Lisa is also the only castaway to reach the Final Three without winning an Immunity Challenge in Survivor: Philippines, and the only one among the Final 7 to be so, making her the highest ranking castaway to do so.
- Lisa is the only castaway ever to reach the Final Tribal Council and have immunity every single Tribal Council pre-merge, and then never receive immunity again post-merge.
- Lisa, along with the rest of the Tandang tribe, became the first through sixth contestants to reach the merge without visiting Tribal Council.
|Survivor: Philippines Castaways|