|Birth Date||May 29, 1963|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Tandang|
|Alliance(s)|| Tandang Alliance |
Lisa Diane Whelchel is a contestant on Survivor: Philippines.
Whelchel is an American actress best known for portraying Blair Warner in the sitcom The Facts of Life. She, along with Michael Skupin, made it to the Final Tribal Council and tied for the runner-up spot after losing to Denise Stapley in a 6-1-1 vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Personal Claim to Fame: My three delightful and interesting children and the close friendship we enjoy.
Inspiration in Life: I admire and respect Oprah. She has used her fame and fortune to help people.
Hobbies: Reading, scrapbooking and traveling.
Pet Peeves: People who judge other people.
3 Words to Describe You: Quick-witted, sharp-minded and brave-hearted.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
1) A Bible with giant print because I don’t know if I would have my reading glasses.
2) A journal and a pen because I have a terrible memory and I don’t want to forget a minute of this experience.
3) Playing cards because I love to play games.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby – I’m competitive, genuine and from Texas!
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I LOVE the game and was born to play it. Plus, I want to meet Jeff Probst.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am strong physically, intellectually and in will.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My inherent make up is to assess the big picture goal, determine the steps to reach it, gain everything there is to learn about how to accomplish the goal, jump in with both feet, connect with other people’s strengths and never give up until the job is done.
|Lisa's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|2||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|3||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|4||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|5||No Tribal Council|
|Tandang Tribe Immune|
|6||Tandang Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
Lisa was set to co-host The Jeff Probst Show in 2013 before its cancellation.
- When the Tandang tribe painted their initials on a tree at their camp, Lisa put her initials as "LC", using her married name Lisa Cauble, to hide her identity. This was despite the fact that she had divorced her husband Steven Cauble less than a month before the game began.
- Being a fan of The Facts of Life as a young adult, returning contestant Michael Skupin recognized her, but could not call her by her stage name Blair because it would throw her off-guard.
- Lisa is the first contestant to appear in an interview prior to the airing of their elimination episode. Lisa was on the Jeff Probst Show while Survivor: Philippines was in its midway point.
- Lisa is the first new player to win the Fan Favorite Award in a season to have returning contestants.
- Lisa and Michael Skupin are the second pair to tie for second place at the Final Tribal Council after Dreamz and Cassandra Franklin of Survivor: Fiji.
- Unlike Dreamz and Cassandra, Lisa and Skupin never received votes against them, and received votes for them.
- Lisa is the first person ever to defeat Jeff Probst in a survivor Trivia Game.
- During the game, there was a Facts of Life question that lead to Jeff's loss.
- Lisa was considered to return to Survivor: Caramoan as a Favorite, but wasn't chosen to return since it would be difficult to be on back-to-back seasons since she was a mother.
- Lisa is also the only castaway to reach the Final Three without winning an Immunity Challenge in Survivor: Philippines, and the only one among the Final 7 to be so.
- Lisa is the highest-ranked person from Philippines to not win an Immunity Challenge.
|Survivor: Philippines Contestants|
Abi-Maria Gomes · Angie Layton · Artis Silvester · Carter Williams · Dana Lambert · Denise Stapley · Jeff Kent · Jonathan Penner · Katie Hanson · Lisa Whelchel · Malcolm Freberg · Michael Skupin · Pete Yurkowski · R.C. Saint-Amour · Roxanne Morris · Russell Swan · Sarah Dawson · Zane Knight