|Birth Date||August 31, 1974|
|Occupation||Advertising account executive|
|Alliance(s)||Younger Samburu Alliance|
Lindsey Richter Voreis is a contestant from Survivor: Africa.
She was best known for her brash and confrontational personality, and for having many emotional breakdowns. Seen as the season's pre-merge villain, she was a member of the Younger Samburu Alliance.
Lindsey Richter was born and raised in Portland, Oregon and graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism. While attending U of A she wrote for their student newspaper, The Arizona Daily Wildcat, and the Tombstone Epitaph, a paper based out of Tombstone, Arizona. During her senior year at college, she spent a semester studying abroad in Queensland, Australia, where she attended Bond University, a private school located near Surfer's Paradise on Australia's Gold Coast.
Prior to her departure for Africa, Richter worked as an account executive with an advertising firm in Portland. Before that, she spent a year in Australia working for the Gold Coast Cougars, an Australian professional baseball team. Richter's duties were wide-ranging and included everything from advertising, promotions, sales and public relations to game day activities.
Lindsey Richter enjoys spending her free time riding horses, boxing and snowboarding, and is an avid mountain biker who regularly competes on the racing circuit. She describes herself as competitive, spirited and compassionate. Her birth date is August 31.
Lindsey was placed on the Samburu tribe, where she quickly allied with the younger members of the tribe: Brandon Quinton, Kim Powers, and Silas Gaither. Lindsey then ostracized the older tribe members, Linda Spencer, Carl Bilancione, Teresa Cooper, and Frank Garrison by making necklaces for only her allies. The older alliance, especially Linda, was frustrated with Lindsey.
After losing the third Immunity Challenge, the votes were split between alliances. The younger alliance voted for Carl and the older alliance voted for Lindsey. After a revote and another tie, a tiebreaker challenge commenced, where Lindsey and Carl had to answer trivia questions. After a long streak of wrong answers from both castaways, Lindsey finally won the challenge, and her alliance gained control of Samburu. They voted Linda out at the next Tribal Council.
A surprise Tribe Switch occurred, sending Lindsey's ally Silas to the opposing Boran tribe with Teresa and Frank, while Tom Buchanan, Kelly Goldsmith, and Lex van den Berghe came to Samburu. After losing the sixth tribal Immunity Challenge, Lindsey and her alliance knew that the vote would be split yet again. Since the tiebreaker was according to who had more votes against them, Lindsey had to make sure that she did not receive votes, since she had seven previous votes against her. Brandon tried to make it seem like he had votes on him, but the Boran alliance did not believe him. After a tie vote and revote, Lindsey was sent home for having the most previous votes against her.
|Lindsey's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Samburu Tribe Immune|
|2||Samburu Tribe Immune|
| Carl, Frank, Linda, Teresa;|
Frank, Linda, Teresa1
|5||Samburu Tribe Immune|
| Kelly, Lex, Tom;|
|Voted Off, Day 18|
^1 In The Gods Are Angry, the vote ended with a 4-4 tie between Carl and Lindsey, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their votes, forcing a quiz tiebreaker. Lindsey won the tiebreaker and remained in the game.
^2 In I'd Never Do It to You, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Lindsey and Tom, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their votes at the revote, eliminating Lindsey due to previous votes against her.
- Following her elimination, she was a guest on The Early Show, The Late Show with David Letterman, Craig Kilburn and Regis and Kelly. In 2002, Lindsey got married to her boyfriend, Kirt Voreis.
- Richter appeared in the music video for the song, "Without Me", by Eminem along with former Survivor: Borneo castaway Jenna Lewis.
- Lindsey was the youngest female on Samburu.
- Lindsey is the first castaway to be involved in a deadlock tie more than once.
- Lindsey's luxury item was a Beach Ball.
- Lindsey is the first contestant from Oregon.
- Lindsey is tied with Clarence Black for most votes against her in Survivor: Africa with 12.
- Lindsey is the first person to be voted out while staying on her same tribe in a tribe switch
- Lindsey is the only person to date to attempt to leave the Tribal Council area and be ordered to sit back down by Jeff Probst. When the first vote ended in a 3-3 tie between her and Tom Buchanan, she got up to leave, assuming she was eliminated. Probst told her to sit back down and had the contestants vote again for either her or Tom. When the second vote was also deadlocked, Probst asked about previous votes and Lindsey had the most and thus was eliminated.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: Africa Castaways|
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Timor!