|Lex van den Berghe|
|Birth Date||June 18, 1963|
|Hometown||Palo Alto, California|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Boran|
██ Moto Maji
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Mogo Mogo|
██ Chaboga Mogo
|Alliance(s)||Mogo Mogo Alliance|
Born in Palo Alto, California, Lex van den Berghe currently resides in Santa Cruz, California. With an extensive background in marketing, he was most recently employed as a marketing director of an Internet company. Having worked as a disc jockey at his college radio station, he graduated from Santa Clara University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1985. He is a punk rock drummer, his list of previous work experience includes being a carpenter, radio DJ, musician, motivational speaker and corporate marketing manager.
An avid traveler and fluent in French, van den Berghe has spent time in Kenya, Japan, Israel and all over Europe. His hobbies include time with his wife and children, surfing, music and fishing. He plays the drums and sings in the band Luckydog. Owning up to his deep appreciation for tattoos, he proudly displays the various works of art that cover his arms, legs and torso.
Lex van den Berghe has been married to Kelly for 10 years. They have two boys, Corbin and River. They also have two dogs, Lucky and Daisy, and two cats, Max and Lucy. His birth date is June 18.
Lex was one of the contestants who felt aggravated after the beans fiasco in Day 3, saying that he could not fully trust tribemate Clarence Black. He formed a solid alliance with Tom Buchanan and Ethan Zohn. Even with a Day 13 tribe switch, in which he was switched to the rival Samburu tribe with Tom, Lex remained loyal to their alliance.
At their first post-merge Tribal Council, Lex received two votes, one of which came from Clarence. Disturbed, Lex tried to unearth the caster of the second vote. Trusting his gut feeling, he mistakenly accused Kelly Goldsmith of the "mystery vote." Lex persuaded the Boran alliance to turn on Kelly. Not backing down, Kelly switched to the Samburu alliance consisting of Frank Garrison, Kim Powers, Brandon Quinton, and Teresa Cooper. Though Kelly felt safe after joining a new alliance, the Boran alliance managed to convince Quinton to join them, effectively eliminating Goldsmith.
Days had passed, and Lex's peculiar demeanor started his grate his tribemates, especially when boredom sets in, leaving them conspiring several plots to oust him. Despite having an alliance to rely on, Lex received the ire of his alliance partners when he tried to save the lazy yet outspoken Brandon over the lonesome and unpopular Frank. With this, Lex's only solution was to win individual immunity. And with three immunity wins, Lex became indispensable. He, along with the rest of the Boran alliance, managed to systematically eliminate the ex-Samburus, leaving Teresa as the last former Samburu in Day 34. Not wanting to leave without a fight, Teresa finally revealed that she was the owner of the "mystery vote" as well as turning Lex on Tom because of the latter's previous attempts to save Brandon, to possibly break their trust. Despite this, Teresa still left the game, leaving the remaining Borans to turn on each other. Teresa's last-minute moves sent the final four castaways into an uproar, with Lex and Tom debating about trust issues. Adding insult to injury, the intended plan of a all-male final three was ruined when Kim Johnson won the Day 37 Immunity Challenge. In Day 38, a stomach upset caused Lex to ultimately forfeit the final Immunity Challenge. Kim J., perceiving that she cannot beat either Ethan or Lex at the final Tribal Council, decided to eliminate Lex, for she deemed that Ethan was more deserving.
|Lex's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Boran Tribe Immune|
|4||Boran Tribe Immune|
|5||Samburu Tribe Immune|
Kim P., Teresa
|12||Kim P.||Kim P., Teresa|
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
|Statistics of Lex van den Berghe|
|Total number of days||65|
|Total votes received||17|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
|Lex's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|2||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|4||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|11||Amber||Alicia, Amber, Jenna L.,|
Rob M., Rupert, Shii Ann, Tom
|Voted Off, Day 27|
| Voted for|
- Lex is part of the band The Maids of Honor.
- In 2012, his band released their newest album.
- In 2012, Lex officiated the wedding of Survivor contestant Jerri Manthey.
- After the merge in Survivor: Africa, Lex received votes whenever he did not win individual immunity.
- Lex was the only male contestant from the original Mogo Mogo tribe to make the merge in Survivor: All-Stars.
- In Survivor: Redemption Island, Jeff referenced Lex' decision of keeping Amber in doing Rob a favor. Steve Wright also brought up Rob's betrayal of Lex after this same favor in an attempt to turn Ometepe against Rob.
- Both times when Lex switched tribes, his new tribe color was red.
- Lex is the only person to serve as both the first juror and the last juror.
- Lex is one of three contestants (along with Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien and Tom Buchanan) to make the merge in Survivor: All-Stars and not improve over their previous finish.
- Lex is the first contestant to be the first voted out of a merged tribe and also be the first jury member.
- Lex became the third contestant to win the Survivor loved ones challenge, following Greg Buis and Tina Wesson.
- Lex is the second survivor contestant to have a nipple piercing, after Sean Kenniff from Survivor: Borneo.
- He had both his nipples pierced
- The other contestant to have nipple piercings is Leif Manson.
|Survivor: Africa Contestants|
Brandon Quinton · Carl Bilancione · Clarence Black · Diane Ogden · Ethan Zohn · Frank Garrison · Jessie Camacho · Kelly Goldsmith · Kim Johnson · Kim Powers · Lex van den Berghe · Linda Spencer · Lindsey Richter · Silas Gaither · Teresa Cooper · Tom Buchanan
|Survivor: All-Stars Contestants|
Alicia Calaway · Amber Brkich · Colby Donaldson · Ethan Zohn · Jenna Lewis · Jenna Morasca · Jerri Manthey · Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien · Lex van den Berghe · Richard Hatch · Rob Cesternino · Rob Mariano · Rudy Boesch · Rupert Boneham · Shii Ann Huang · Susan Hawk · Tina Wesson · Tom Buchanan