Lee Carseldine is a contestant from Australian Survivor (2016).
Wanting to provide a good example to his sons, Lee quickly formed a bond with El Rowland and to a lesser extent, Kristie Bennett. On Saanapu, he joined what became the majority alliance with El, Flick Egginton, Brooke Jowett, Matt Tarrant, and Sam Webb and received a vote stopper advantage on the day of the merge to Fia Fia. On Fia Fia, it became apparent to the others that his true loyalty lied with El; despite this, the couple plus Kristie made the final three. With Kristie winning the Final Immunity Challenge, Lee was taken to the Final Two; however, his hypocritical and sanctimonious attitude towards strategy was lambasted by the jury and, coupled with Kristie's intense performance, caused him to receive only one vote to win.
Retrieved from tenplay.com
As an ex-professional cricketer, Brisbane-based Lee is hoping his background in team sports and leadership will be helpful in winning Australian Survivor. Lee played cricket in the IPL, Sheffield Shield and KFC Big Bash League.
In 2004 he suffered stress fractures in his back that forced him into early retirement, but he bet the odds to return to the game and played professionally until 2011. He now owns an aerial photography drone company. Lee is hoping to be an inspiration for his two sons, who he says he will miss more than anything.
He wants to play the game in an honest fashion. He says: "I would feel very uncomfortable going behind someone's back if I have given my word to someone."
Highly competitive, Lee has always been sporty but in preparation for the series, he started going to the gym five times a week, doing a mix of running, boxing and yoga. In 2015, he completed the Kokoda Trail, which he said was the toughest thing he has ever done. A devoted single dad, Lee says his main reason for applying for Australian Survivor is to inspire his sons.
"It's all for my two boys. I'm always teaching them to get out of their comfort zone so I thought this would be a good example to show them. I would like to be remembered as someone that worked hard, stayed loyal and tried to help every other Survivor on the way."
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Lee's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Aganoa Tribe Immune|
|5||Aganoa Tribe Immune|
|6||Aganoa Tribe Immune|
|7||Aganoa Tribe Immune|
|8||No Tribal Council|
|9||Saanapu Tribe Immune|
|10||Saanapu Tribe Immune|
|11||Saanapu Tribe Immune|
|12||Saanapu Tribe Immune|
|13||Saanapu Tribe Immune|
|14||Saanapu Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Runner-Up, Day 55|
^1 In Episode 23, the vote ended with a 2-2-1 tie between Matt and Sam, forcing a revote. Lee did not change his vote on the revote.
- Lee is currently in a relationship with Australian Survivor (2016) castmate El Rowland.
- Lee appeared on the January 2017 issue of Australian Men's Health magazine.
- Lee is the only male member of Aganoa to reach the merge.
- Lee is the only male in Australian Survivor (2016) to win individual immunity.
- Lee is the highest-placing male in Australian Survivor (2016).
- Lee is the first finalist in Australian Survivor to garner less than two jury votes at Final Tribal Council.
- ↑ https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/australian-survivor/castaways/lee
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3842138/Australian-Survivor-s-Lee-Carseldine-confirms-relationship-fellow-contestant-El-Rowland.html
- ↑ http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/survivor-runnerup-lees-shocking-weight-loss/news-story/318fa71690c862adb4c798e2353045f8
|Australian Survivor (2016) Castaways|