|Birth Date||July 30, 1969|
|Occupation|| Office Manager;|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Galu|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Galang|
|Alliance(s)||Singles Alliance (affiliated)|
In Survivor: Blood vs Water, she became notable for being blindsided by Galang only to fight her way back to the game on Redemption Island. Later, she and her daughter Ciera Eastin became the last pair left in the game with Laura becoming the first and only contestant to be voted off by his or her Loved One. She also broke the previous record for most votes received in a single season, with 19.
Laura Morett is a 39-year-old Hawaiian mother, wife of 21 years and also a grandmother. Her beauty is complimented by the fact that one of her occupations is fitness instructor, which helps her stay in shape and gives her the energy to keep up with her three kids and two-year-old grandchild. When she is not spending time with her family, working out or riding her Harley, this conservative Christian is running the lobby message center at the Oregon State Capitol building for over 400 lobbyists.
Similar religious and political beliefs, as well as the fact that her daughter had a child at 18, has Laura referring to herself as a, “fit version of Sarah Palin.” Laura enjoys listening to Christian music and is studying women’s ministry. In addition, Laura counsels couples in her church based on her experiences in a long-lasting marriage with a man she describes as her other half.
Determined and competitive, she freely admits that she wants to win SURVIVOR for the money but in doing so claims that she would never do anything to compromise her faith to get it.
Currently, Laura resides in Salem, Ore. and her birthday is July 30.
Blood vs Water
Name (Age): Laura Morett (43)
Tribe Designation: Galang
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Ciera’s Mother
Previous Season: Survivor: Samoa – 3rd jury member
Current Residence: Salem, Ore.
Occupation: Co-owner of Morett construction
Why Did You Want to Return to Survivor and Play with Your Loved One? So that Ciera will understand what I went through. Now for the rest of our lives we’ll always have this experience to remember and share.
Laura was placed on the Galu Tribe. Galu would generally dominate in challenges and Laura enjoyed the benefits of the tribe's success. On Day 12, however, Foa Foa would win immunity in large part due to Monica Padilla slowing the tribe down on the ropes. Despite that, Laura joined the tribe in eliminating Yasmin Giles for her lack of work ethic. Galu would win all remaining challenges but this would not come without its drawbacks. On Day 15, Russell Swan collapsed and was pulled from the game. After Russell's departure, alliances formed within Galu. Laura found herself aligned with Monica and Kelly Sharbaugh, while the men aligned themselves with Shambo Waters. The next day, Shambo sent Laura to observe Foa Foa, much to her anger. Laura summarizes the reasoning for this being so Shambo could say she is in charge. While at Foa Foa, Russell Hantz tried to get Laura on his side by showing her his Hidden Immunity Idol, but she didn't trust him.
On Day 19, the tribes merged and Laura immediately become the target of Russell for her strength, leadership, and conflict with Shambo. However, This plan was put on hold when Laura was able to win immunity. Meanwhile, Erik Cardona wanted to vote out Monica, with the belief that Laura would turn to him and he would be able to control her. Erik told the former Foa Foas to vote Monica at Tribal Council, but none of them had the intention of doing so. Seeing the opportunity to further her former tribemates in the game, Natalie White alerted the Galu women of his plot and Laura voted him out. They also unknowingly flushed Erik's Idol. Laura won immunity again, further halting Russell's plans for her ousting. Because he used his Idol at the previous Tribal Council, Laura voted for Russell. However, Russell shocked the Galus when he played another Idol and Laura's closest ally, Kelly, was eliminated. Laura found herself in danger when she failed to win immunity. Russell put his plans to eliminate Laura into motion, while The Galu alliance chose to vote against Natalie to avoid a possible Idol. The vote was tied 5-5, and a revote proceeded. The votes seem to indicate a second tie, but John Fincher, persuaded by Russell, changed his vote to Laura so his fate was not determined by chance.
|Laura's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Galu Tribe Immune|
|2||No Tribal Council|
|Galu Tribe Immune|
|3||Galu Tribe Immune|
|5||Galu Tribe Immune|
|7||Galu Tribe Immune|
|9|| ||Individual Immunity|
| Jaison, Mick, Natalie,|
Russell H., Shambo;
Jaison, John, Mick,
Russell H., Shambo1
|Voted Off, Day 27|
| Voted for|
Survivor: Blood vs Water
Laura went into the season believing that she and her daughter, Ciera Eastin, were going to have a great experience together, but this turned out to be very wrong as on Day 1, Jeff split the tribes by returning players and their loved ones. Laura was upset she was not able to be at Ciera's side and protect her. During the First Impressions vote, Laura received three votes against her from Candice Cody, Rupert Boneham, and Tyson Apostol, who all voted for her because they claimed they had no knowledge of her gameplay. However, the tables were turned on Candice, who was voted out of the tribe for the same reason, saving Laura from heading to Redemption Island.
Over the next few days, Colton Cumbie started to stir up conflict within the tribe just for his own satisfaction. Like the rest of the women on Galang, Laura had tried to console Colton after he poured out his feelings on Night 1, but after Colton's drama threw the tribe off their game, she didn't have the same feelings. On Day 7, when Galang headed to Redemption Island to witness the duel between Candice, Marissa Peterson, and Rachel Foulger, Colton finally gave up on the game and announced he was quitting. When Jeff asked the tribes about Colton's decision, Laura said that Colton was quitting because strategy was not in Colton's favor. Colton was brought to tears and left the game on Day 7 without competing at Redemption Island. No one at Galang showed any emotion about Colton leaving, including Laura.
For the next few days, Galang would be safe as they won many immunity challenges, also thanks to Laura's excellent puzzle-solving skills which propelled the tribe. Galang's winning streak came to an end when they lost the Day 13 Immunity Challenge, which Laura sat out of. Laura assumed the entire tribe was voting for Laura Boneham, due to not being a returning player, and thought she was in a tight alliance with Aras Baskauskas. However, Aras was actually a part of the Galang majority alliance that consisted of himself, Tina Wesson, Gervase Peterson, Monica Culpepper, and Tyson Apostol. Tyson and Gervase pitched that Laura B. would be an easy vote and that Laura M. would be more of a threat down the road. The alliance agreed and pulled in outsiders Kat Edorsson and former target Laura B. to vote out Laura M. At Tribal Council, the plan came to life and Laura M. was sent to Redemption Island in a 7-1 vote.
In her first duel at Redemption Island, Laura came in first place and chose to give a Hidden Immunity Clue to Aras' brother, Vytas Baskauskas, who immediately burned it. Afterwards, she would win the next duel and the final duel to reenter the game at the merge.
Laura was originally interested with the idea of forming a "Pairs Alliance" with her daughter as well as Aras, Vytas, Tina, and Katie Collins. However, Aras had other plans in mind, wanting to send her back to Redemption Island. He told the rest of his alliance about his plan to split the votes between herself and her daughter. Tyson, who along with Gervase and Monica had defected, relayed that information back to Laura and offered her a spot in a new alliance he formed. In true karmic fashion, Aras was sent to Redemption Island in a 7-2-2 vote at Tribal Council.
|Statistics of Laura Morett|
|Total number of days||27|
|Total votes received||10|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
|Laura's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Candice||Candice, Tyson, Rupert|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|4||Galang Tribe Immune|
|5||Laura B.|| Aras, Gervase, Kat, Laura B.,|
Monica, Tina, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 13|
|6||On Redemption Island|
|Returned, Day 19|
|10||Katie|| Caleb, Ciera, Gervase, Hayden,|
Katie, Monica, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 26|
|11||On Redemption Island|
- Laura was the only female to win Individual Immunity in Survivor: Samoa.
- Laura is the lowest placing Aiga member to win Individual Immunity.
- On both of her seasons:
- Laura is the only returning contestant of Samoa to not be named Russell.
- She is also the only female contestant to return from Samoa.
- Laura is the first non-Cody to place first in a duel on Survivor: Blood vs Water.
- Laura is the first female returning player to return to the game from Redemption Island.
- Laura is the first woman to return to the game from Redemption Island before the Merge.
- She is the first Redemption Island returnee to be not be voted out during the first Tribal Council the returnee is not immune, as Matt Elrod and Andrea Boehlke were voted off immediately after returning while Ozzy Lusth won the immunity both times he returned but was voted out the first time he was not immune after returning.
- She is the first to vote with the majority the first vote back.
- Laura started her first season on a purple tribe, and ended her second season on another purple tribe.
- Laura and her daughter Ciera Eastin were the last pair left remaining in the game who weren't coexisting on Redemption Island.
- Ironically, right after they were the remaining pair, she was voted out by her loved one.
- Laura is the first contestant to be voted off on Day 26.
- Laura holds the record for the most votes received in a single season with 19, breaking the previous record that was held by Phillip Sheppard and Ozzy Lusth, who tied with 17.
- Laura also broke the record for most votes received by a female player, the previous record holder was Edna Ma who had 15.
- Laura is tied for the record for the most cumulative votes against her over multiple seasons with a total of 29. Jonathan Penner shares this achievement with her.
- However, Penner played three times while Morett only played twice.
- Penner also negated five votes against him with a Hidden Immunity Idol while every vote cast against Laura counted.
- Laura and Christine Shields Markoski are tied with the record for most Redemption Island Duel wins by a female with 5.
- Laura is the sixth contestant (and third female) to be voted off multiple times in one season.
- Laura is the only female contestant to place first in more than one duel against at least one male opponent.
- Laura is the only contestant from Samoa to place higher on his or her returning season.
- Laura is the first contestant to intentionally help another contestant finish a Redemption Island Duel while also competing in the Redemption Island Duel.
|Survivor: Samoa Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs Water Castaways|