|Namesake|| Spanish word for|
|Tribe Type||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s)||██ Espada|
|Tribe Status|| Merged with Espada in|
|Lowest Placing Member||Shannon Elkins (19/20)|
|Highest Placing Member||Fabio Birza (Winner)|
This is the first tribe to comprise of contestants aged thirty and younger. Whilst they enjoyed success in defeating their older rivals, the tribe was torn between two warring alliances at the start of the game, as well as one contestant openly declaring their hatred for several members of the tribe. Their tribe color is yellow.
- Alina Wilson, a model/art student from Downey, California.
- Ben Henry (usually called "Benry"), a club promoter from Los Angeles, California.
- Brenda Lowe, a paddleboard company owner and former cheerleader from Miami, Florida.
- Chase Rice, a NASCAR jackman/musician from Fairview, North Carolina.
- Fabio Birza, a student/model/musician from Venice, California.
- Kelly Bruno, an amputee medical student from Durham, North Carolina.
- Kelly Shinn (also called "Purple Kelly"), a nursing student from Mesa, Arizona.
- NaOnka Mixon, a Physical Education teacher from Long Beach, California.
- Sash Lenahan, a real estate broker from New York, New York.
- Shannon Elkins, a pest control company owner from Lafayette, Louisiana.
In Day 12, a surprise tribe swap commenced. These castaways became the revised La Flor tribe, which existed from Days 12-18 until the merge:
- ► Brenda Lowe
- ► Fabio Birza
- ► Jane Bright, a dog trainer from Jackson Springs, North Carolina.
- ► Jill Behm, a doctor from Erie, Pennsylvania.
- ► Kelly Bruno
- ► Kelly Shinn
- ► Marty Piombo, a technology executive from Mill Valley, California.
- ► Sash Lenahan
The "Younger Tribe"Edit
The twenty castaways (undivided into tribes yet) were asked to find a "Medallion of Power" hidden across the beach. When Brenda found it, then they were divided into tribes separated by age. With Brenda aging lower than 30, she was placed of the La Flor tribe, thus granting the yellow tribe ownership of the Medallion of Power. When Jeff tempted La Flor to give the Medallion to Espada in exchange for flint and fishing supplies, La Flor decided to surrender the Medallion to their older rivals, with Shannon stating that they cannot lose on any challenge with their strength. This left NaOnka irked, stressing it is a Medallion of Power. After the barter, the tribes were instructed to proceed to their respective camps. Upon reaching camp, Kelly Bruno revealed a startling revelation: having a prosthetic leg due to a birth defect. This caused an uproar among the other tribe members, disturbed by the fact the Kelly B. might win because of a "sympathy vote" should she make it to the Final Tribal Council.
The tribe was torn between two conflicting alliances: Shannon's (consisting of Ben Henry, Kelly Bruno, Jud "Fabio" Birza, and Alina Wilson) and NaOnka's "racial minority" alliance (consisting of Brenda Lowe, Sash Lenahan, and Kelly Shinn). Both alliances were vying to gain Chase Rice, leaving him visibly undecided, since he already had formed friendships with Shannon and Brenda (whom Shannon initially targeted because of her perceived craftiness). Chase's true allegiance was revealed when he decided to help Brenda's alliance, eliminating a visibly scrambling Shannon after losing the Day 5 immunity challenge.
Shannon's elimination caused more tension to brew in La Flor, with the remnants of his alliance in serious trouble, especially Alina and Kelly B since Fabio and Benry proved to be valuable in challenges. NaOnka even started to gloat over her perceived power when she shoved Kelly B. for a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. She showed Brenda the clue and they started to look for the Idol together. When she successfully found the Idol, NaOnka further blasted Kelly B. for an effort to break her spirit. But despite conflicts between the opposing voting blocs, the younger tribe managed to obliterate the older Espada tribe, winning the next two immunity challenges.
Post Tribe SwitchEdit
After a surprise tribe switch in Day 12, Espada members Marty, Jane, and Jill transferred to La Flor, while NaOnka, Chase, Alina, and Benry moved to Espada. Upon reaching camp, Jane revealed that Marty and Jill have an alliance and should not be trusted, stating her frustrations about them since their Espada days. On the other hand, Marty made a bold move by revealing his own Hidden Immunity Idol, much to Brenda's chagrin.
During a double Tribal Council twist in Day 15, Jill won individual Immunity, as well as tribal reward for La Flor. Brenda's majority alliance set up a split vote between Marty and Kelly B., the two biggest available targets. They were less sure as to who they would vote off in a potential revote if Marty didn't play his idol due to Kelly B.'s potential landslide win at the final vote and Marty's disliked guts. The vote ended in a 3-3-2 tie (Kelly B. and Marty having three votes each, while Brenda had two, coming from Marty and Jill). But during a revote, Kelly B. was sent home, being seen as a bigger threat than Marty.
Sash made a big move, telling Marty that he would be safe at the next Tribal Council if he gave up the Hidden Immunity Idol. Sash sweetened the deal by telling Marty that if La Flor lost the next Immunity Challenge, Sash would return the Hidden Immunity Idol. Marty decided to give the Idol to Sash instead of playing it at Tribal Council, hoping to stay in the game and make it to the Tribal Merge. After losing the Day 18 Immunity Challenge, the younger tribe kept their word about keeping Marty, and his closest ally Jill was sent home by a vote of 3–2–2.
In Day 19, La Flor went to the Espada campsite for the merge.
- La Flor is the third tribe in Survivor history that is entirely comprised of younger castaways, and purposefully sorted by the show, following Survivor: Panama's Viveros and Bayoneta tribes.
- The original La Flor tribe followed Survivor: Samoa's Galu tribe for entering the merge with eight of its ten members. The only difference is that the post-switch La Flor and Espada tribes were merged with six members each (with both tribes having four original La Flor members and two original Espada).
- La Flor's symbol is a fleur-de-lis.
- La Flor was the first tribe to possess the Medallion of Power, but gave it up to Espada in exchange for fishing gear without knowing its true potential.
- La Flor is the ninth tribe to have three of it's members comprise the final three. The others are Tagi, Ogakor, Boran, Chuay Gahn, Koror, Fei Long, Malakal, Foa Foa, Villains, Ometepe, Upolu, Salani, and Galang.
- La Flor is the most recent tribe to have a two word name.
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Sardinia!