|Namesake:||From Bakota, a Gabonese ethnic group|
|Tribe Type:||Stating Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Fang on Day 27|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Paloma Soto-Castillo (16/18)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Bob Crowley (Winner)|
Kota was a tribe from Survivor: Gabon.
Kota was one of two tribes with 9 castaways that began in "Want to See the Elephant Dung? (Part 1)". The tribe was known for their extensive winning streak in challenges before losing almost all of its original members after the merge due to Gabon's two tribe swaps. Kota's tribe color was yellow.
- Ace Gordon, a fashion photographer from Naples, Florida.
- Bob Crowley, a physics teacher from South Portland, Maine.
- Charlie Herschel, a lawyer from New York City, New York.
- Corinne Kaplan, a sales representative from Los Angeles, California.
- Jacquie Berg, a medical saleswoman from Santa Barbara, California.
- Kelly Czarnecki, a retail sales manager from Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- Marcus Lehman, a resident physician from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Paloma Soto-Castillo, a student from Downey, California.
- Sugar Kiper, a pin-up model from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
As Gabonese tradition dictates, the elders were given utmost respect. With this, the oldest cast members of both sexes initiated a tribe-picking activity. The oldest male chose the members of Kota. The following castaways comprised the original Kota tribe, existing from Days 1-9:
- Bob chose Ace;
- Ace chose Sugar;
- Sugar chose Marcus;
- Marcus chose Charlie;
- Charlie chose Paloma;
- Paloma chose Kelly;
- Kelly chose Jacquie;
- Jacquie chose Corinne.
Post-First Tribe Switch
- ► Bob Crowley
- ► Charlie Herschel
- ► Corinne Kaplan
- ► Dan Kay, an attorney from Boston, Massachusetts.
- ► Marcus Lehman
- ► Randy Bailey, a wedding videographer from Eagle Rock, Missouri.
- ► Susie Smith, a hairdresser from Charles City, Iowa.
The Schoolyard Pick to choose the tribe went as follows:
- Marcus chose Dan;
- Dan chose Charlie;
- Charlie chose Randy;
- Randy chose Corinne;
- Corinne chose Susie;
- Susie chose Bob.
Post-Second Tribe Switch
- ►► Bob Crowley
- ►► Crystal Cox, an Olympic champion from Durham, North Carolina.
- ►► Ken Hoang, a professional gamer from Westminster, California.
- ►► Marcus Lehman
- ►► Susie Smith
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- Bob Crowley and Marcus Lehman are the only members of Kota to remain on Kota the whole time Kota was in existence.
- Kota, along with its rival Fang tribe, are the third and fourth tribes to have its tribe name originated from an actual tribe or ethnic group, following Survivor: Africa's Samburu and Boran tribes.
- Kota, along with Fang, were the only two tribes to be a part of two tribe switches.