|Birth Date||November 11, 1972|
|Hometown||Ronkonkoma, New York|
She is best remembered for her over the top personality and for her infamous fight with Alicia Calaway over chickens.
The Australian Outback
Kimmi Kappenberg currently works as a bartender in Long Island, New York, while also freelancing as a production assistant for television commercials. Having taken courses at Suffolk Community College, University of Houston and Stephen F. Austin State University, she ultimately received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the New York Institute of Technology. She is most proud of the fact that she graduated at the top of her class after having taken a few years off from school.
Kappenberg describes herself as spontaneous, outgoing and creative. Her favorite hobbies are photography, gardening, and reading. Her perfect day would include a trip to the beach, horseback riding, eating many times (a vegetarian, she will not eat land-dwelling animals, only seafood), having sex, and watching the sunset. Her favorite television shows are Win Ben Stein's Money and The Simpsons, while her favorite motion pictures are Cruel Intentions and Beauty and the Beast. She prefers country, 80s, and club music. Her favorite sports team is the New York Yankees and she prefers a good game of Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble when she has time.
Born and raised in East Setauket, Long Island, Kappenberg currently resides in Ronkonkoma, Long Island. Currently single, she lives with her cat, Abbi, while her other three cats, Bart, Sasha and Meow, and her twin Shih Tzu dogs, Till and Fieval, live with her parents.
Season: Survivor: The Australian Outback
Previous Finish: 12th place
What will you do differently this time around? "I didn't have an alliance the first time. I would rather have a bad alliance than no alliance. I have the motivation of being a single mother to 2 boys this time. The first time was an adventure for me; this time is to provide for my sons."
Survivor: The Australian Outback
Kimmi proved to be a very lively contestant in the game by expressing what came to mind. On their first night in the game she entertained her fellow Kucha tribe mates in the camp, talking about 'risque' subjects that upset Debb. Jeff also was annoyed by her loud talking their first night because he was still feeling sick from their hike to the camp. At their first Tribal Council, the friction between Kimmi and Debb was a factor in Kimmi taking part in the unanimous elimination of Debb, though after the votes were read she cried.
For the second Immunity Challenge, the survivors had to eat a variety of disgusting dishes. Kimmi was a vegetarian, and wasn't willing to sacrifice her morals by eating any animal. During the challenge she had to eat a cow brain, but refused. A tiebreaker came down between Kimmi and the rival tribe's Tina Wesson, where they have to eat a mangrove worm (much to Kimmi's delight, for she could chow down the specimen). Kimmi was able to eat the dish faster than Tina, winning Kucha immunity.
She took over the role of water provider, going on many trips to replenish and boil her tribe's water supply. After her tribe won chickens in the fourth Reward Challenge, Kimmi once again found herself grappling with her vegetarian beliefs as she could not stand to see the way her tribe mates handled the chickens, leading to one of Survivor's most iconic conflicts, the infamous finger-wagging debacle between Kimmi and tribe mate Alicia Calaway. When Kucha finally broke their record of four consecutive challenge wins by losing the fifth Immunity Challenge, her liberated and grating demeanor caused her tribe mates to eliminate her in a unanimous 6-1 vote.
|Kimmi's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|3||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|4||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|5||Jeff|| Alicia, Elisabeth, Jeff,|
Michael, Nick, Rodger
|Voted Off, Day 15|
Kimmi was one of twenty candidates chosen by the public to compete on the Second Chance season, Survivor: Cambodia.
|Kimmi's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|2||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|3||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|4||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|6||Bayon Tribe Immune|
^1 In You Call, We'll Haul, Kelley used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Kimmi's vote against her.
- In May 2001, Kimmi appeared as an panelist on Hollywood Squares for two episodes along with the rest of The Australian Outback cast for Survivor Week. Kimmi herself appeared in two episodes on the 17th and the 18th.
- In June 2001, Kappenberg was a guest presenter at Animal Fair's 2nd Annual Canine Comedy Celebration.
- Kappenberg married her boyfriend, Kevin Caminske in August 2004 and had two sons, Karter and Kannon. Some time later, the two divorced.
- On January 9, 2010, Kimmi attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Kimmi's luxury item was a Scrabble set. Her tribemates used the tile racks as spoons for eating because some sticks were dangerous to use.
- In her audition tape, Kimmi stated that she was comfortable with casual nudity, believing it to be a natural thing and not sexual. She had planned to follow in Richard Hatch's footsteps and celebrate her birthday in the nude, but was voted off before her birthday, which would have been on Day 19.
- Kimmi is the first woman to finish in 12th place and the first woman who was the fifth person voted out of a season.
- Rumor has it that during the second Immunity Challenge, Kimmi told the Ogakors about Jeff's vote from Debb the night before. In an interview in Rob Has a Podcast, Kimmi claimed that Jeff Varner himself unwittingly spoiled his vote to the other tribe.
- Jeff Probst was pleasantly surprised that Kimmi made the final cast of Survivor: Cambodia.
- Out of all of the women in Cambodia, Kimmi went the longest without receiving a vote against her.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/kimmikappenberg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhBeaD2qy4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSB3jAMcSRQ
- ↑ http://animalfair.com/animal-fairs-2nd-annual-canine-comedy-celebration/
- ↑ http://parade.com/420853/joshwigler/kimmi-kappenberg-goes-out-back-to-survivor/2/
- ↑ http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-31-2015-second-chances-kimmi-kappenberg-interview/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/31/survivor-jeff-probst-players-surprised-made-it
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Castaways|
|Survivor: Cambodia Castaways|