|Birth Date||November 11, 1972|
|Hometown||Ronkonkoma, New York|
Kimberley "Kimmi" Kappenberg is a contestant from Survivor: The Australian Outback.
She is remembered as the show's first vegetarian, for her over the top personality and for her infamous fight with Alicia Calaway.
Kimmi Kappenberg currently works as a bartender in Long Island, New York, while also freelancing as a production assistant for television commercials. Having taken courses at Suffolk Community College, University of Houston and Stephen F. Austin State University, she ultimately received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the New York Institute of Technology. She is most proud of the fact that she graduated at the top of her class after having taken a few years off from school.
Kappenberg describes herself as spontaneous, outgoing and creative. Her favorite hobbies are photography, gardening, and reading. Her perfect day would include a trip to the beach, horseback riding, eating many times (a vegetarian, she will not eat land-dwelling animals, only seafood), having sex, and watching the sunset. Her favorite television shows are Win Ben Stein's Money and The Simpsons, while her favorite motion pictures are Cruel Intentions and Beauty and the Beast. She prefers country, 80s, and club music. Her favorite sports team is the New York Yankees and she prefers a good game of Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble when she has time.
Born and raised in East Setauket, Long Island, Kappenberg currently resides in Ronkonkoma, Long Island. Currently single, she lives with her cat, Abbi, while her other three cats, Bart, Sasha and Meow, and her twin Shih Tzu dogs, Till and Fieval, live with her parents.
Survivor: The Australian OutbackEdit
Kimmi proved to be a very lively contestant in the game by expressing what came to mind. On their first night in the game she entertained her fellow Kucha tribe mates in the camp, talking about 'risque' subjects that upset Debb. Jeff also was annoyed by her loud talking their first night because he was still feeling sick from their hike to the camp. At their first Tribal Council, the friction between Kimmi and Debb was a factor in Kimmi taking part in the unanimous elimination of Debb, though after the votes were read she cried.
For the second Immunity Challenge, the survivors had to eat a variety of disgusting dishes. Kimmi was a vegetarian, and wasn't willing to sacrifice her morals by eating any animal. During the challenge she had to eat a cow brain, but refused. A tie breaker came down between Kimmi and the rival tribe's Tina Wesson, where they have to eat a mangrove worm (much to Kimmi's delight, for she could chow down the specimen). Kimmi was able to eat the dish faster than Tina, winning Kucha immunity.
She took over the role of water provider, going on many trips to replenish and boil her tribe's water supply. After her tribe won chickens in the fourth reward challenge, Kimmi once again found herself grappling with her vegetarian beliefs as she could not stand to see the way her tribe mates handled the chickens, leading to one of Survivor's most iconic conflicts, the infamous finger-wagging debacle between Kimmi and tribe mate Alicia Calaway. When Kucha finally broke their record of four consecutive challenge wins by losing the fifth Immunity Challenge, her liberated and grating demeanor caused her tribe mates to eliminate her in a 6-1 vote.
|Kimmi's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|3||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|4||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|5||Jeff|| Alicia, Elisabeth, Jeff,|
Michael, Nick, Rodger
|Voted Off, Day 15|
- Kappenberg married her boyfriend, Kevin Caminske, in August 2004, despite suffering serious injuries in a car accident a few weeks before the wedding. They have two children, and lived in The Woodlands, Texas. They have since divorced.
- In 2001, Kappenberg was a guest presenter at Animal Fair's 2nd Annual Canine Comedy Celebration.
- On January 9, 2010, Kimmi attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Kimmi's luxury item was a Scrabble board. Her tribemates used the tile racks as spoons for eating because some sticks were dangerous to use.
- In her audition tape, Kimmi stated that she was comfortable with casual nudity, believing it to be a natural thing and not sexual. She had planned to follow in Richard Hatch's footsteps and celebrate her birthday in the nude, but was voted off before her birthday occurred (which would have been on Day 19).
- She is the highest placing female in the Australian Outback not to be offered or considered to return.
- Elisabeth Filarski was considered, but was never made an offer due to the fact she wouldn't accept it.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Castaways|
Follow us on Social Media!