|"Kill or Be Killed"|
|Episode Number:||4/15 (386)|
|Original Release:||March 6, 2013|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.58|
|Previous:||"There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay"|
|Next:||"Persona Non Grata"|
Kill or Be Killed is the fourth episode of Survivor: Caramoan.
Challenge: Head and Shoulders
Two members of each tribe would be on platforms, and the other six members had to alternatively place steps in the air to move them from one to the next, which had to be untied first. When they reached the last platform, they had to swim to the last short platform. Each of the eight members had to be on or above the tallest step to win.
Reward: A visit from a local bushman named Tata, who would teach the winning tribe how to improve their island life using the resources found on the island.
Challenge: Smash and Grab
The survivors had to cross planks in the water and then swim from a pontoon to a bigger platform. From there they had to break tiles to get keys. They then had to unlock a crate with sand bags in them. They had to throw the bags at blocks. The first tribe to have knocked all the blocks off a big platform, which raises their tribe flag, wins.
|Removed from Camp|
| Tribal Council 4:|
Laura (6 votes)
Eddie, Julia, Matt, Michael, Reynold, Sherri
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
(vote not counted)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Laura) You're the weakest link in the team, and it's kill or be killed.||”|
|“||(voting for Reynold) The idol's too dangerous.||”|
|“||As a viewer from the couch, you really only get to see one side. You don't feel the hunger, you don't feel the thirst in your mouth. It's very real. I knew coming in here that my muscles weren't my biggest asset, and I used everything else I had. I think a lot of my plans were left unresolved, but good luck to the rest of them, they really got me.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
- The Reward Challenge is a variation of a challenge used in "Don't Cry Over Spilled Octopus" and later in "It Hit Everyone Pretty Hard".
- The Immunity Challenge is a variation of a challenge used in "Why Aren't You Swimming?!", "The Sounds of Jungle Love", and "You Own My Vote".
- This is the ninth episode of Survivor to feature a medical evacuation.
- This episode features an appearance from Tata the Bushman who Jeff Probst states he would like to appear again in the future.
- Tata, the native Filipino who was the reward for Bikal, also appeared as a reward on Survivor: Srbija in 2010, when they shot a season in Caramoan.
- While it would seem Tata stated, "no bitching in the jungle", he actually said vetsin, the local term for wp:monosodium glutamate, explaining that their island resources lack flavorings.
|Survivor: Caramoan Episodes|
"She Annoys Me Greatly" · "Honey Badger" · "There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay" · "Kill or Be Killed" · "Persona Non Grata" · "Operation Thunder Dome" · "Tubby Lunchbox" · "Blindside Time" · "Cut Off the Head of the Snake" · "Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest" · "Come Over to the Dark Side" · "The Beginning of the End" · "Don't Say Anything About My Mom" · "Last Push" · "Reunion"