|Birth Date||June 24, 1977|
|Hometown||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Tribe(s)|| Ta Keo|
► Ta Keo
|Alliance(s)||Bayon Alliance (affiliated)|
A member of the Tagi Alliance, she was in a strong spot to make it to the end, but with her morals conflicting with the nature of the game, she defected. Her betrayal was met by her peers as pandering to garner more jury votes, and thus forced to resort to winning Immunity Challenges to save herself. Winning the last four Immunity Challenges, she made it to the Final Tribal Council, but she ultimately lost to Richard Hatch.
Kelly returned to Survivor fifteen years later and played a subdued, "old school" strategy, proving she was worth keeping through her loyalty, strong challenge performance, and not making enemies. However, the latter was her undoing as she became recognized as a jury threat.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Kelly is certified in swift water rescue and currently working as a guide on the Kern River in Nevada. She is a former student of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). Previous employment includes a job as an outdoor guide for UNLV's Outdoor Adventures, a campus run outdoor activities organization, and working as a waitress.
When describing herself, she uses the terms "creative," "confident" and "outgoing." Of her many accomplishments, she is most proud of having spent 21 days rowing her own boat through the Grand Canyon and being able to touch her tongue to her nose. She enjoys dancing, whitewater kayaking and snowboarding during her free time. Her favorite television show is "The Simpsons" and favorite feature film is "To Kill A Mockingbird."
Kelly currently resides in Kernville, Nevada, with her boyfriend, Tracy, and her dog, Flower. She is a member of Swiftwater Rescue and supports Friends of the River. Her birth date is June 24, 1977.
Season: Survivor: Borneo
Previous Finish: Runner-Up
What will you do differently this time around? "Win. I would have picked a different number when Greg asked us to pick a number. I would not have voted Gretchen out, and I would have voted Richard out."
Kelly, a whitewater rafting guide, started the game on the Tagi tribe. After Tagi lost the first Immunity Challenge, Kelly tried to get the women on the tribe, Sonja Christopher, Susan Hawk, and Stacey Stillman, to vote off Rudy Boesch, who many people found annoying. Kelly's plans failed when Sue decided to join the men in voting out Sonja due to her weakness in challenges despite everybody on Tagi liking Sonja.
At Tagi's next Tribal Council, Kelly once again lobbied against Rudy, however once again, Sue voted with the men, and Stacey was voted out. On Day 11, Kelly talked with Richard and Sue about forming an alliance. The alliance later asked Rudy to join so they would have a majority.
The Day 15 Immunity Challenge required the tribe to select one rower. Kelly, who was a a whitewater rafting guide, naturally took the position as the rower. Kelly went up against Pagong member, Gervase Peterson. Initially she and Richard believed her capacities on water would be beneficial, especially since they weren't sure how well Gervase would do in the challenge. The Pagong tribe got out to an early lead and never looked back, eventually winning the challenge, which upset Kelly intensely for the rest of the day.
The Tagi Alliance claimed their first victim at the following Tribal Council, voting out Dirk Been, as they were worried about his ailing health. Kelly made the merge with the other members of her alliance and Sean Kenniff. The alliance stuck together and managed to gain the majority in the new Rattana tribe, as the old Pagong members and Sean decided to vote based on their own personal feelings.
The alliance continued to systematically eliminate the remaining Pagong members. Throughout the game, Kelly formed a tight friendship with Sue, however she started to waver from the alliance, instead she wanted to vote out people who she thought did not deserve to be in the game. Targeted for her betrayal, Kelly was the next to go on Day 33, but she managed to win the Immunity Challenge, resulting in the last remaining ex-Pagong member still in the game Colleen Haskell to be voted out. Kelly was targeted again, but after she won Immunity again on Day 36, this resulted in the only ex-Tagi to not be part of their alliance, Sean Kenniff, being voted out.
On Day 37, Kelly won her third successive immunity, and she faced a tough decision: Either vote out Sue, whom she had formed a strong friendship with, or vote for the deceptive Richard. This enforced a 2-2 tie at Tribal Council, but at the revote, Kelly switched her vote from Rudy to Sue. Kelly went on to win the Final Immunity Challenge and won the right to select who would join her in the Final Tribal Council. Kelly cast the sole vote to eliminate Rudy at Tribal Council, deeming him to be a bigger threat to win the game than Richard.
At the Final Tribal Council, Kelly received a harsh speech given by a furious Sue for she had abandoned the alliance and betrayed their friendship. Sue proceeded into comparing the final two to animals they lived with for the past month, with Kelly and Richard being a rat and snake respectively, asking the jury that they should vote the way Mother Nature intended, for the snake to eat the rat. Ultimately, Kelly lost to Richard by one vote, gaining the votes of ex-Pagong members Jenna Lewis, Colleen Haskell, and Gervase Peterson.
|Kelly's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|4||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|6||Tagi Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
| Colleen, Gervase,|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In The Final Four, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Richard and Susan, forcing a revote. Kelly voted for Susan on the revote.
|Statistics of Kelly Wiglesworth|
|Total number of days||63|
|Total votes received||8|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
After not voting in the majority on the orginal Ta Keo tribe, she was switched to Bayon where she bonded with Jeremy Collins and Stephen Fishbach. She was then switched to Ta Keo again where she reunited with her friend, Woo Hwang and met Woo's alliance mate, Andrew Savage. At the merge, she never voted in the majority and was blindsided on Day 24.
At Final Tribal Council, she asked a question that had lost her the game: Choose a number, taking the idea from her Borneo castmate, Greg Buis. Ultimately, Kelly voted for Jeremy who won in a unanimous 10-0-0 vote.
|Kelly's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|4||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|9||Ciera|| Abi-Maria, Ciera, Jeremy,|
Kelley, Spencer, Stephen
|Voted Off, Day 24|
| Voted for|
^1 In You Call, We'll Haul, Kelley used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Kelly's vote against her.
- Kelly went on to host Celebrity Adventures on E! after her Survivor appearance.
- After Borneo, Kelly lived in Mexico where she taught yoga.
- Kelly, together with the original final four Richard, Rudy, and Sue appeared altogether during the Survivor 10th anniversary party on January 9, 2010.
- Kelly has since married and has a son.
- In July 2015, Kelly, along with Richard made an appearance in the first episode of National Geographic's The 2000's: A New Reality, talking about their experience on Survivor, and how the show impacted the entertainment industry.
- Kelly is planning to make a line of healthy pre-made cocktails and other fitness products.
- Kelly is the first female castaway to win individual immunity. She is also the first player to win two consecutive individual Immunity Challenges.
- Kelly was the first castaway to win the Final Immunity Challenge.
- Kelly is the first castaway to last to Day 39 without having a single vote cast against her.
- Kelly is tied with Jenna Morasca and Kim Spradlin for the most individual immunity wins by a female castaway in a single season, with four.
- By virtue of Borneo having its winner revealed on location, Kelly is the only finalist to deliver a final words speech similar to those who got voted out.
- Kelly broke Gervase Peterson's record for the longest period in between appearances on the show, spanning 15 years and 30 seasons.
- Kelly is the only member of the original final four to not return for Survivor: All-Stars.
- In her own admittance, Kelly had not watched Survivor, even her own season, until "a few years ago."
- In her Ponderosa video, she lost 15 lbs. during her time in Cambodia. Kelly was voted out one day short of her birthday.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20775/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0297518/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
- ↑ http://www.kellywiglesworth.com/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/A1D39F05-DE0E-8555-90E5-675198D1C3C0/survivor-second-chance-kelly-wiglesworth/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SQD3evHKw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOrpublvc9c
- ↑ http://www.thetvjunkies.com/survivor-kelly-wiglesworth-interview/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/09/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-kelly-wiglesworth-interview-video
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGEq908KttA
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|
|Survivor: Cambodia Castaways|