|Born:||June 24, 1977|
|Hometown:||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Tribe(s):|| Ta Keo|
► Ta Keo
|Alliance(s):||Bayon Alliance (affiliated)|
A member of the Tagi Alliance, she was in a great spot to make it to the end, but with her morals conflicting with the nature of the game, she defected. Her betrayal was met by her peers as pandering to garner more jury votes, and she was thus forced to resort to winning challenges to save herself. She won the last four Immunity Challenges which is the most Immunity Challenge wins won by a female in a single season, and she is the first female to accomplish this feat. Her challenge wins allowed her to make it to the Final Tribal Council where she was the target of Susan Hawk's infamously impassioned "Snakes and Rats" speech and ultimately lost to Richard Hatch in a 4-3 vote.
Kelly returned to Survivor fifteen years later and played a subdued, "old school" strategy, proving she was worth keeping through her loyalty, strong challenge performance, and not making enemies. However, the latter proved to be her undoing as she became recognized as a jury threat and was voted out soon after the merge.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Kelly is certified in swift water rescue and currently working as a guide on the Kern River in Nevada. She is a former student of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). Previous employment includes a job as an outdoor guide for UNLV's Outdoor Adventures, a campus run outdoor activities organization, and working as a waitress.
When describing herself, she uses the terms "creative," "confident" and "outgoing." Of her many accomplishments, she is most proud of having spent 21 days rowing her own boat through the Grand Canyon and being able to touch her tongue to her nose. She enjoys dancing, whitewater kayaking and snowboarding during her free time. Her favorite television show is "The Simpsons" and favorite feature film is "To Kill A Mockingbird."Kelly currently resides in Kernville, Nevada, with her boyfriend, Tracy, and her dog, Flower. She is a member of Swiftwater Rescue and supports Friends of the River. Her birth date is June 24, 1977.
Season: Survivor: Borneo
Kelly, a whitewater rafting guide, started the game on the Tagi tribe. After Tagi lost the first Immunity Challenge, Kelly tried to get the women on the tribe, Sonja Christopher, Susan Hawk, and Stacey Stillman, to vote out Rudy Boesch, who many people found annoying. Kelly's plans failed when Sue decided to join the men in voting out Sonja due to her weakness in challenges, despite everybody on Tagi liking Sonja.
At Tagi's next Tribal Council, Kelly once again lobbied against Rudy. However Sue once again voted with the men, and Stacey was voted out. On Day 11, Kelly talked with Richard and Sue about forming an alliance. The alliance later asked Rudy to join so they would have a majority.
The Day 15 Immunity Challenge required the tribe to select one rower. Kelly, who was a whitewater rafting guide, naturally took the position as the rower. Kelly went up against Pagong member Gervase Peterson. Initially, she and Richard believed her capacities on water would be beneficial, especially since they weren't sure how well Gervase would do in the challenge. The Pagong tribe got out to an early lead and never looked back, eventually winning the challenge, which upset Kelly intensely for the rest of the day.
The Tagi Alliance claimed their first victim at the following Tribal Council, voting out Dirk Been, as they were worried about his ailing health. Kelly made the merge with the other members of her alliance and Sean Kenniff. The alliance stuck together and managed to gain the majority in the new Rattana tribe, as the old Pagong members and Sean decided to vote based on their own personal feelings.
The alliance continued to systematically eliminate the remaining Pagong members. Throughout the game, Kelly formed a tight friendship with Sue, however she started to waver from the alliance; instead she wanted to vote out people who she thought did not deserve to be in the game. Targeted for her betrayal, Kelly was the next to go on Day 33, but she managed to win the Immunity Challenge, resulting in the last remaining ex-Pagong member still in the game, Colleen Haskell, to be voted out. Kelly was targeted again, but after she won Immunity again on Day 36, this resulted in the only ex-Tagi to not be part of their alliance, Sean, being voted out.
On Day 37, Kelly won her third successive immunity, and she faced a tough decision: either vote out Sue, whom she had formed a strong friendship with, or vote for the deceptive Richard. Kelly initially sided with Sue, forcing a 2-2 tie at Tribal Council, but at the revote, Kelly switched her vote from Richard to Sue. Kelly went on to win the Final Immunity Challenge and won the right to select who would join her in the Final Tribal Council. Kelly cast the sole vote to eliminate Rudy at Tribal Council, deeming him to be a bigger threat to win the game than Richard.
At the Final Tribal Council, Kelly received a harsh speech given by a furious Sue since Sue believed that she had abandoned the alliance and betrayed their friendship. Sue proceeded into comparing the final two to animals they lived with for the past month, with Kelly and Richard being a rat and snake respectively, asking the jury that they should vote the way Mother Nature intended, for the snake to eat the rat. Ultimately, Kelly lost to Richard by one vote, gaining the votes of ex-Pagong members Jenna Lewis, Gervase, and Colleen.
|Kelly's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|4||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|6||Tagi Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Colleen, Gervase, Jenna|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In The Final Four, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Richard and Susan, forcing a revote. Kelly voted for Susan on the revote.
Kelly was voted back into Survivor: Cambodia by the public. Initially placed on the Ta Keo tribe, Kelly formed an "old school" alliance with Terry Deitz, Vytas Baskauskas, and Woo Hwang. The alliance vied with the "new school" alliance of Abi-Maria Gomes, Spencer Bledsoe, Kelley Wentworth, and Shirin Oskooi for swing votes Jeff Varner and Peih-Gee Law. After Ta Keo lost the first Immunity Challenge, the tribe was immediately sent to Tribal Council with no time to scramble, and Jeff and Peih-Gee decided to side with the "new school" alliance to vote Vytas out. Days later, the "new school" alliance unraveled and after Ta Keo again lost at the next Immunity Challenge, Shirin was voted out.
On Day 7, a tribe switch separated the two tribes into three tribes and Kelly found herself switched to the Bayon tribe. At Bayon, Kelly bonded with Jeremy Collins and Stephen Fishbach. After Bayon won the Immunity Challenge on Day 9, Jeff tried to send a message to Kelly, but his new Angkor tribemate, Tasha Fox, caught him and called him out in front of everyone, and Jeff was voted out days later. After losing the Day 13 Immunity Challenge, Kelly was targeted by original Bayon members Jeremy, Stephen, Kimmi Kappenberg, and Monica Padilla over her fellow original Ta Keo, Spencer. However, after Monica tried to start a women's alliance, the other three original Bayon members turned on her and she was voted out. Another tribe switch occurred on the following day, and Kelly was switched back to the Ta Keo tribe. After Ta Keo lost the next Immunity Challenge, Kelly, together with fellow original Ta Keo members Abi-Maria and Woo, aligned with original Bayon members Andrew Savage and Ciera Eastin to again target Spencer. However, Andrew's constant plotting alienated Abi-Maria and Ciera and they joined Spencer and Kass McQuillen in blindsiding Woo.
On Day 18, the tribes merged into the Orkun tribe. Kelly aligned with the reunited Bayon Alliance of Andrew, Jeremy, Kimmi, Tasha, and Stephen. They vied with the Witches' Coven alliance of Abi-Maria, Ciera, Kass, and Kelley for swing votes Spencer, Joe Anglim, and Keith Nale. The swing votes sided with the Bayon Alliance and Kass was voted out at the first post-merge Tribal Council for betraying the original Bayon tribe. Andrew and Joe then attempted to recruit Kelly to align with the Witches' Coven and blindside Stephen. However, Jeremy vetoed the plan and the Bayon Alliance stuck together at the next Tribal Council in voting for Kelley. However, Kelley used her Hidden Immunity Idol and Andrew was sent to the jury.
Kelly later formed a bond with Joe, concerning Stephen, who had been targeting Joe throughout the game. After Joe won the next Immunity Challenge on Day 24, the Bayon Alliance decided to split their votes between Ciera and Kelley. However, Stephen attempted to convince Jeremy and Spencer to align with the Witches' Coven and target Kelly in order to undercut Joe. At Tribal Council, the voting bloc of Jeremy, Spencer, Stephen, and the Witches' Coven blindsided Kelly, sending her to the jury, 6-3-2.
At the Final Tribal Council, Kelly asked the finalists the same question that Borneo castmate Greg Buis asked her 15 years prior and had lost her the game by one vote: choose a number from 1 to 10; Jeremy said 2, Tasha said 3, and Spencer said 4. Ultimately, Kelly voted for Jeremy, who won in a unanimous 10-0-0 vote.
|Kelly's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|4||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|9||Ciera|| Abi-Maria, Ciera, Jeremy,|
Kelley, Spencer, Stephen
|Voted Off, Day 24|
| Voted for|
^1 In You Call, We'll Haul, Kelley used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Kelly's vote against her.
- Kelly, along with Borneo cast mates Gervase Peterson, Jenna Lewis, and Rudy Boesch, appeared in a parody of Three's Company. Kelly played Janet.
- Kelly went on to host Celebrity Adventures on E! after her Survivor appearance.
- After Borneo, Kelly lived in Mexico where she taught yoga.
- Kelly, together with the original final four of Richard Hatch, Rudy, and Susan Hawk appeared altogether during the Survivor 10th anniversary party on January 9, 2010.
- Kelly was married, but divorced and has a son.
- In July 2015, Kelly, along with Richard, made an appearance in the first episode of National Geographic's The 2000's: A New Reality, talking about their experience on Survivor, and how the show impacted the entertainment industry.
- Kelly is planning to make a line of healthy pre-made cocktails and other fitness products.
- Kelly and Joe Anglim are set to star in a new television series called Mana.
|Statistics of Kelly Wiglesworth|
|Total votes received:||8|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||N/A|
- Kelly is the first female castaway to win individual immunity. She is also the first player to win multiple Immunity Challenges as well as the first to win consecutive challenges.
- Kelly was the first castaway to win the Final Immunity Challenge.
- Kelly is the only person to receive no votes against her in Borneo.
- Kelly is the first castaway to last to Day 39 without having a single vote cast against her.
- Kelly set the record for the most individual Immunity Challenges won by a woman in a season, with four wins. This was later tied by Jenna Morasca in The Amazon, Kim Spradlin in One World, and Chrissy Hofbeck in Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers.
- Kelly is the only woman to achieve this feat and win all four of the Immunity Challenges consecutively.
- By virtue of Borneo having its winner revealed on location, Kelly is the only finalist to deliver a final words speech similar to those who got voted out.
- Kelly broke Gervase Peterson's record for the longest period in between appearances on the show, spanning 15 years and 30 seasons.
- Kelly is the only member of the original final four to not return for Survivor: All-Stars.
- By her own admittance, Kelly had not watched Survivor, even her own season, until "a few years ago."
- Kelly lost 15 lbs. during her time in Cambodia. In her Ponderosa video, it was revealed that Kelly was voted out one day short of her 38th birthday.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20775/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQc0pE1v7D4
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0297518/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
- ↑ http://www.kellywiglesworth.com/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/A1D39F05-DE0E-8555-90E5-675198D1C3C0/survivor-second-chance-kelly-wiglesworth/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SQD3evHKw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOrpublvc9c
- ↑ http://www.thetvjunkies.com/survivor-kelly-wiglesworth-interview/
- ↑ http://people.com/tv/survivor-alums-joe-anglim-and-kelly-wiglesworth-release-the-trailer-to-their-new-reality-show/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/09/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-kelly-wiglesworth-interview-video
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGEq908KttA
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|
|Survivor: Cambodia Castaways|