|Born:||October 1, 1985|
|Occupation:||Water Treatment Tech|
Keith Tollefson is a contestant from Survivor: South Pacific.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Keith Tollefson (26)
Tribe designation: Savaii
Current residence: Edina, Minn.
Occupation: Water Treatment Tech
Personal claim to fame: I graduated college and moved to Hawaii for two years because that was my dream.
Inspiration in Life: My mom. She raised me and my sister with little help and eventually bought a house for us after saving for years. She taught me how to be a gentleman even while I was causing trouble when I was young. She instilled great morals, values and love for all those around me.
Hobbies: Surfing, swimming, and long-boarding.
Pet peeves: I really dislike people talking behind my back, especially when it's not true, and rude people.
3 Words to describe you: Fun, adventurous, and driven.
SURVIVOR Contestant you are most like: Boston Rob because he's memorable and played one of the best psychological games.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I want to challenge myself, learn what limits I can reach and break them. Not only to survive, but win, so I'm number one.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I have strength, intelligence and am EMT certified. I have the ability to manage high stress situations and still have a positive attitude. I am also willing to do whatever it takes to survive.
Why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: I can make people understand, or think my decisions are looking out for them. I never quit. I wouldn't go on the show if I didn't feel I could win!
Survivor: South Pacific
Keith was placed on Savaii along with Ozzy, Jim Rice. Papa Bear, Dawn Meehan, Whitney Duncan, Elyse Umemoto, Semhar Tadesse, and Cochran. He originally joined the Savaii alliance that was led by returning player Ozzy Lusth. Jim also included Keith and Ozzy in his sub-alliance, although Keith seemed to have closer bonds with Whitney and Ozzy than with Jim. He rode this alliance to the merge, in which he voted off outsiders Semhar and Papa Bear but also was somewhat responsible for Elyse's elimination (both he and Whitney opted to vote off Dawn to not upset Ozzy as much) and per Ozzy's request, Keith voted Ozzy off. That risk paid off as Ozzy quickly re-entered the game upon defeating Christine Markowski at Redemption Island.
At the first tribal following the merge, he is targeted, likely for being a threat in challenges but also for not likely having the Hidden Immunity Idol. At first it's a tie in votes divided by tribal lines. Then to avoid a purple rock Tiebreaker, John Cochran flips from the alliance to the opposing alliance, which results in Keith being the first person sent to Redemption Island post-merge. Keith immediately suspects Cochran flipped on the tribe, thinking no one else would backstab him aside from possibly Ozzy, but if he was the one who flipped, it wouldn't have made sense for Ozzy to waste his idol. Keith wasn't happy to see Ozzy and Jim follow him in being sent to Redemption Island. In the first post-merge duel of the season, Keith managed to last longer than Jim but could not defeat Ozzy. Keith finished the game in 11th place.
At Final Tribal Council, like the other Savaii members that remained loyal, Keith voted for Sophie to win.
|Keith's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|4||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|6||Savaii Tribe Immune|
| Albert, Brandon, Coach,|
Edna, Rick, Sophie;
Albert, Brandon, Coach,
Cochran, Edna, Sophie1
|Voted Off, Day 21|
|9||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 25|
| Voted for|
^1 In Double Agent, the vote ended with a 6-6 tie between Keith and Rick, forcing a revote. Cochran changed his vote to Keith on the revote, sending him to Redemption Island.
- During the South Pacific Reunion Show, Jeff mentioned that Keith was in a relationship with Whitney Duncan, his fellow castaway and tribe member. Duncan, however, was still married to her then-husband, musician Donny Fallgatter, during the filming of Survivor: South Pacific when she began her relationship with Tollefson. Duncan and Fallgater's divorce was finalized on November, 2011.
- Keith and Whitney became engaged in February 2013.
- In late spring of 2014, Keith and Whitney competed on the 25th season of The Amazing Race as an engaged couple. They were eliminated in 8th place.
- On July 27, 2014, Whitney and Keith got married.
- Keith is the first contestant with a pacemaker.
- Keith is one of fifteen castaways, along with Rob Mariano, John Palyok, Amber Brkich, Ethan Zohn, Richard Hatch, Hayden Moss, Whitney Duncan, Twila Tanner, Jenna Morasca, Jon Dalton, Natalie Anderson, Nadiya Anderson, Michael Jefferson, and Caleb Reynolds to compete on another reality show besides Survivor.
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|