|Birth Date||June 27, 1988 (age 25)|
|Hometown||New York City, New York|
|Occupation||Hedge fund support|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Tadhana|
|Alliance(s)||Galang Alliance (affiliated)|
Katherine Elyse "Katie" Collins is a contestant from Survivor: Blood vs Water.
She is the daughter of former winner and Blood vs. Water partner, Tina Wesson. She holds the distinction of being the first female in Survivor history and the second castaway to be eliminated by the Rock Drawing Tiebreaker.
Name (Age): Katie Collins (25)
Tribe Designation: Tadhana
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Tina’s Daughter
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.
Occupation: Hedge fund support
Personal Claim to Fame: Raising thousands of dollars for the American Lung Association by climbing 55 flights of stairs at Penn Plaza.
Inspiration in Life: Anaïs Nin was a strong independent woman who paved the way for women writers, especially in regards to sexuality. She was a bi-coastal, man-eating tigress.
Hobbies: Yoga, playing ukulele/banjolele, hiking and sailing.
Pet Peeves: Grammar misuses and poor manners.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, funny and driven.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) My soprano ukulele 2) Deck of cards 3) Camera
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I share DNA with my mother who was on season 2 so I can’t relate any more than that! I can also relate to Whitney Duncan because she was smart, southern and was a musician.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Claiming the title of “sole survivor” would be a huge accomplishment. Being able to do this with my Mom is the coolest!
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am certainly not a quitter and the final Survivor has to earn that title, which I have every intention of doing. It’s time to get down and dirty.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m wildly creative and that translates to everything I do - cooking, games and strategies that would put my team and I ahead of others.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? My Mom is the single most amazing person I know. To play Survivor together definitely tops any experience we have ever had together. I can't wait to compete with or against this truly amazing woman, as a daughter and a best friend, it's an honor!
Survivor: Blood vs. Water
|Katie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|10||Laura M.||Laura M.|
|Eliminated, Day 321|
|13||On Redemption Island|
- On December 3rd, 2013, Katie's brother, Taylor Lee Collins, died in a car accident.
- Katie, along with fellow Blood vs Water contestants Marissa Peterson, Vytas Baskauskas and Ciera Eastin, are the second through fifth people to be a blood relative of a past contestant. The first was Brandon Hantz, being the nephew of Russell Hantz.
- Katie and Laura Boneham are the first people to have appeared on Survivor as a loved one before becoming a castaway themselves.
- Katie and her mother are the first loved ones to be on a tribe together.
- Katie and Tina are 1 of 3 couples to make the Merge with their partners with Aras/Vytas and Ciera/Laura M. being the others.
- Katie is the fourth castaway to reach the Merge with only one challenge win. The others were Lillian Morris, Mookie Lee, Michael Snow, and fellow tribemate Vytas Baskauskas.
- Katie is the first first-time playing female castaway to win an Immunity Challenge in a season with an equal amount of returning players and first-time players.
- So far, Katie has only received votes from female players.
- No one has ever voted against her twice.
- She has never received more than one vote at Tribal Council.
- Along with her mother, Tina, Katie is the only person to have a relative on their same tribe pre-merge.
- Katie is the first castaway since Paschal English to be eliminated by participating in the Rock Drawing Tiebreaker.
- She is the first and only female to be eliminated by the Rock Drawing Tiebreaker.
- Coincidentally, Paschal drew his rock last and she drew her rock first.
- For both cases, there were three people drawing rocks, 2 females, 1 male.
|Survivor: Blood vs Water Castaways|