|Born:||June 27, 1987|
|Hometown:||New York City, New York|
|Occupation:||Hedge Fund Support|
|Blood vs. Water|
|Alliance(s):||Galang Alliance (affiliated)|
Katherine Elyse "Katie" Collins is a contestant from Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
She is the daughter of former winner and Blood vs. Water partner, Tina Wesson. She holds the distinction of being the first female in Survivor history and the second castaway to be eliminated by the rock drawing tiebreaker.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Katie Collins (25)
Tribe Designation: Tadhana
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Tina's Daughter
Current Residence: New York City, N.Y.
Occupation: Hedge fund support
Personal Claim to Fame: Raising thousands of dollars for the American Lung Association by climbing 55 flights of stairs at Penn Plaza.
Inspiration in Life: Anaïs Nin was a strong independent woman who paved the way for women writers, especially in regards to sexuality. She was a bi-coastal, man-eating tigress.
Hobbies: Yoga, playing ukulele/banjolele, hiking and sailing.
Pet Peeves: Grammar misuses and poor manners.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, funny and driven.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) My soprano ukulele 2) Deck of cards 3) Camera
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I share DNA with my mother who was on season 2 so I can't relate any more than that! I can also relate to Whitney Duncan because she was smart, southern and was a musician.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Claiming the title of "Sole Survivor" would be a huge accomplishment. Being able to do this with my Mom is the coolest!
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I am certainly not a quitter and the final Survivor has to earn that title, which I have every intention of doing. It's time to get down and dirty.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I'm wildly creative and that translates to everything I do - cooking, games and strategies that would put my team and I ahead of others.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? My Mom is the single most amazing person I know. To play Survivor together definitely tops any experience we have ever had together. I can't wait to compete with or against this truly amazing woman, as a daughter and a best friend, it's an honor!
Survivor: Blood vs. Water
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Katie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|10||Laura M.||Laura M.|
|Eliminated, Day 322|
|13||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 33|
| Voted for|
^1 In One Armed Dude and Three Moms, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Brad and Ciera, forcing a revote. Katie did not change her vote on the revote.
^2 In Rustle Feathers, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Hayden and Monica, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a rock drawing tiebreaker. Katie drew the differently-colored rock, sending herself to Redemption Island.
- On December 3, 2013 (during the original run of Survivor: Blood vs. Water), Katie's brother, Taylor Lee Collins, died in a car accident.
- On March 27, 2017, Katie, along with Blood vs. Water castmate Gervase Peterson, appeared on an episode of Pen Fan Forum which is hosted by Andrea Boehlke to discuss the fifth episode of Survivor: Game Changers.
- Katie is the only female in Blood vs. Water to be on every available tribe.
- Katie and Laura Boneham are the first people to have appeared on Survivor as a loved one before becoming a castaway themselves.
- Katie and her mother are the first loved ones to be on a tribe together, as Candice and John Cody only shared Redemption Island with each other.
- Katie and Tina are 1 of 3 couples to make the merge with their partners with Aras/Vytas and Ciera/Laura M. being the others.
- Katie is the first contestant to be shown on a season prior to competing as she was shown on Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Katie is the first first-time playing female castaway to win an Immunity Challenge in a season with an equal amount of returning players and first-time players.
- She would later be followed by fellow tribemate Ciera Eastin.
- Katie has only received votes from female players.
- No one has ever voted against her twice.
- She has never received more than one vote at Tribal Council.
- Katie is the second castaway after Paschal English to be eliminated by participating in the rock drawing tiebreaker.
- Of all the people who made the merge in Blood vs. Water, Katie won the least amount of challenges, with only two while others won at least three or more.
- Katie lost 14 lbs. (6.35 kg) during her time in Blood vs. Water.
- Katie was the only female to compete on Redemption Island during the merge to not survive a duel.
- Katie is the only contestant to ever vote for Monica Culpepper at two separate Tribal Councils.
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|