|Birth Date||June 22, 1989|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Salani|
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Kat Edorsson (22)
Tribe Designation: Salani, Tikiano
Current Residence: Orlando, Fla.
Occupation: Timeshare Rep
Personal Claim to Fame: I would have to say my accomplishments come from school and work. Although I only work part time, I am a top producer at my company. I’m also working on my BS at University of Central Florida.
Inspiration in Life: I am not the average girl who has a normal hero. Essentially, if I were normal I would either choose Abraham Lincoln or Donald Trump, but my hero is fiction. Her name is Xena. She is the warrior princess, who serves as my alter ego. In her series, she changes from simple farm girl to an Amazon warrior, recognizing and pursing challenges for the greater good. She is my hero and I could only wish I can be half the woman she is.
Hobbies: Riding horses, fishing, all sports.
Pet Peeves: Long lines at the DMV, seat belts on airplanes, girly girls and small children with leashes.
3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, eager and passionate.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Andrea is my favorite. She’s blonde, a farm girl and loves a challenge. She was able to play and get ahead in the game despite her sweet look on the outside, just like me --- for example, she wasn’t afraid to throw Matt under the bus to save herself.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to conquer the challenges, proving not only that I can survive the obstacles but that I will be the ultimate survivor.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: My skills to manipulate and socialize will ultimately help me survive Survivor. I have always taken the “leader role” with my friends, family and co-workers. I build relationships, talk my way out of tickets, and socialize my way to the top. My skill set is very strong and it comes to me naturally, like breathing. I definitely think I will be an important member of the group.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My life has already played this game and I won. I have faced life and death situations at a very young age. I’m a fighter and I’ll never quit. I’m very good at getting my way, talking people into things and ultimately marketing and selling myself. I may be a 22-year-old blonde but I’m much tougher than I look. I want to be the youngest female to ever win the game!
Survivor: One WorldEdit
Kat was a member of the Salani Alliance, consisting of fellow Salani tribe members Alicia Rosa, Kim Spradlin, Chelsea Meissner, and Sabrina Thompson. These were the youngest women on the tribe. Despite Kat being in the majority, she faced the threat of being possibly ousted after failing to follow directions during the second Immunity Challenge, jumping into the water several times when she wasn't supposed to. However, the alliance kept their majority and targeted the stronger, yet older Nina Acosta.
A Tribe Shuffle on Day 12 left Kat as one of the five original Salani Alliance members remaining on Salani, only losing Alicia. Salani avoided two more Tribal Councils after winning immunity and Colton Cumbie's medical evacuation.
At the merge, Kat further enjoyed her majority after the Salani women managed to manipulate Jay Byars, Michael Jefferson, and Troyzan Robertson into believe it was New Salani vs. New Manono. Kat also proved herself to be a great challenge player, being one of the last two in the first Individual Immunity Challenge. On Day 28, Kat made a deal with Kim that if they won reward, they would pick each other along with Alicia in order to keep Troyzan from plotting. However, Kat was angered when Kim went back on their deal by choosing Chelsea and Alicia. Troyzan made use of this by planting seeds in Kat's head that she was at the bottom of the alliance, further annoying her. However, Troyzan's manipulation managed to get to Kat, who didn't want to be seen as a weak player and a follower. Despite her consideration, she stuck by the women to vote out Troyzan, who patted her on the back and whispered "do it" to her.
On Day 31, Kat and her cousin Robby managed to win the Loved Ones Reward Challenge, and Kat chose to take Alicia and Kim (along with their loved ones) with her. This move angered Sabrina, who believed Tarzan and Christina deserved to go on the Reward more. With this, a sub-alliance started against Kat. Kat fought hard during the Immunity Challenge, and begged Kim to let her win, but Kim didn't give up. A bitter Kat refused to high-five Kim and congratulate her. Kat's ally Alicia pitched the idea of voting out Kat to Kim due to Kat being stronger at challenges, but Kim was against it due to Sabrina's intelligence. At Tribal Council, Kat's naivete and selfishness were hot topics, much to her chagrin. Chelsea pointed out that Kat always used her age as an excuse for her screw-ups. Before the vote, Kat commented about how she thinks blindsides are "fun". That night, Kat got blindsided in a 6-1 vote, and sobbed as she walked away from Tribal Council.
At the Final Tribal Council, she expressed her hurt at Kim for voting her out. But instead of fully berating her, Kat told everyone about her open heart surgery and she is about to undergo another one. By saying so, she told the jurors to not focus on their angers and forgive instead. Ultimately, Kat was one of seven jurors who awarded Kim their votes, giving her the title of Sole Survivor for her masterful strategy.
|Kat's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Salani Tribe Immune|
|4||Salani Tribe Immune|
|5||Salani Tribe Immune|
|12||Sabrina||Alicia, Chelsea, Christina,|
Kim, Tarzan, Sabrina
|Voted Off, Day 33|
| Voted for|
Kat currently works as a fashion model. She is signed with Megan Model Management.
Edorsson is currently dating Big Brother 12 winner Hayden Moss.
- Kat compared herself to Survivor: China's Jaime Dugan in her cast interview.
- Kat had open heart surgery when she was 12, and is getting it again when she turns 24.
- In a Twitter announcement, Kat stated that that prior to her revelation of her open heart surgery, she claimed that her chest scar was from a motorcycle accident because she didn't want to use the surgery to gain sympathy jury votes.
- Kat was arrested shortly before the season started for stealing lipstick from a local beauty shop.
- In a confessional featured in Thanks for the Souvenir, Kat stated that she dreamed that ex-tribemate Alicia Rosa killed her in a shopping mall. Six episodes later, in It's Gonna Be Chaos, Alicia would go on to campaign for Kat to be voted out. Kat was voted out unanimously.
- Kat is the second player in Survivor: One World to be voted off unanimously, following Bill Posley.
- Kat was the first original Salani voted off after the merge and the only Tikiano female to be voted out before a man.
- Kat was the only player to be on Salani both pre- and post-tribe swap, and not make the Final Tribal Council.
- Kat is the youngest female and second youngest overall contestant in One World.
- Kat lost 15.5 pounds during her time in the 33 days she lasted in the game.
- ↑ Moorhouse, Drusilla (May 3, 2012). "Survivor Eliminee Kat Gets Candid: Talks Shoplifting Arrest—and the Secret of Kim's Mustache!". Entertainment Online. http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/survivor_eliminee_kat_gets_candid_talks/313517?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-top_stories&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_celebrities_top_stories&dlvrit=79438. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- ↑ www.megamodelsmiami.com/Models/7-6143/katrina-edorsson.html
- ↑ Edorsson, Katrina (August 3, 2012). "@IAmNothing712 yes I actually told them I feel off a mortar cycle lol but they never broke it up thank #SurvivorGods". Twitter. https://twitter.com/KittenSWAG24/status/231421301795991552?uid=150990967&iid=am-209358414613440101128702636&nid=27+234. Retrieved August 4, 2012.
|Survivor: One World Contestants|
Alicia Rosa · Bill Posley · Chelsea Meissner· Christina Cha · Colton Cumbie · Jay Byars · Jonas Otsuji · Kat Edorsson · Kim Spradlin · Kourtney Moon · Leif Manson · Matt Quinlan · Michael Jefferson · Monica Culpepper · Nina Acosta · Sabrina Thompson · Tarzan Smith · Troyzan Robertson