|Born:||March 11, 1974|
|Alliance(s):|| Drake Alliance|
One of the series most recognizable and polarizing villains, Dalton became notorious for his "Dead Grandma Lie" in Pearl Islands and his subsequent misdemeanors whilst competing for the million-dollar prize. Due to this and his frequent conflicts with other tribe members, he is considered one of the most memorable villains in Survivor history.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Survivor: Pearl Islands
On Survivor, Dalton constructed what host Jeff Probst called "the greatest lie in Survivor history." Before Dalton left to compete on the show, he told a friend of his that if the friend were ever invited to the Pearl Islands as part of the loved-one-related challenge was to tell Dalton that his grandmother had died. There was indeed such a challenge, and Dalton's friend told him, according to plan, that his grandmother had died. Probst has also publicly said:
|“||...then you have Jonny Fairplay, who's completely despicable. It was actually fun to work with Fairplay on the show because he's a producer's dream. When he shows up drunk or flips somebody off, he's bringing you gold every time. I wish we had a Jonny Fairplay every season. Personally, however, he's an absolute jackass whose actions at the Vanuatu finale after-party pissed me off so much that he's banned from any event that I'm at from now on. I'm done with Jonny Fairplay.||”|
–Jeff Probst (on Jonny Fairplay)
Dalton was a member of the Drake tribe, where he was known for his frequent clashes with tribemates Shawn Cohen and Sandra Diaz-Twine. The Drake tribe ultimately threw the fourth Immunity Challenge on Day 12, causing Dalton to backstab his close friend and ally Burton Roberts. At the next Immunity Challenge, which was where both tribes had to eat blended-up delicacies of disgusting foods, Michelle Tesauro, who had no trouble eating the food, was instructed by Drake to appear as if she had trouble downing the food so that Morgan would pick her for the tiebreaker, which would help Drake win. However, Michelle did not go along with the plan, ultimately costing Drake the Immunity win after they picked Sandra in the tiebreaker. An annoyed Dalton flipped over the camera and stated that it was what he thought of Michelle's ego and Michelle was voted out. Drake lost a third straight Immunity Challenge, and Dalton, along with tribemate Trish Dunn voted for Rupert, but Trish left 4-2. An angered Rupert argued with Dalton, knowing that Dalton had voted for him and was so angry Rupert said in a confessional he wanted to kill him. The two men, however, made amends. Both tribes learned of the Outcast twists, and were ultimately beaten by The Outcasts at the Immunity Challenge. Dalton voted out his rival Shawn, much to his glee.
Dalton then had a close alliance and friendship with Burton after his return to the game, despite Dalton backstabbing him.
At the Final 7, Dalton committed the move that he would be famous for in Survivor history. Dalton's friend Dan arrived to accompany Dalton at the Loved One's Reward Challenge and informed him that his grandma was dead, and his grandma was his original choice to come to the Island. Out of sympathy, the other members of the Balboa tribe (except for Sandra) decided to let Dalton win reward so that he could get more information on his grandmother's death. Unbeknownst to the 6 of them, it was a pre-planned move orchestrated by Dalton before his arrival to the island and his grandmother had been, in fact, alive and well.
The closeness of Burton and Jon eventually caused Burton's demise at the Final 5 after the women were able to plot against the two after Burton took Jon along after winning a Reward Challenge. Dalton, knowing he was the next to go at the Final 4, managed to save himself an additional 3 days by exposing that Darrah Johnson nor Sandra had any intentions on taking Lillian to the Final 2 and that Lillian was a jury threat due to her ability to play the "sympathy card", causing a rift between the women. At Tribal Council, Darrah was voted out 3-1.
At the Final 3, Jon once again found himself vulnerable after losing the Immunity Challenge. Ultimately, he was voted out by Lillian at the following Tribal Council due to Lillian being touched by Sandra's motivation of providing for her family.
At Final Tribal Council, he gave his jury vote to Sandra who won in a 6-1 vote.
|Jon's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Drake Tribe Immune|
|2||Drake Tribe Immune|
|3||Drake Tribe Immune|
|8||Andrew|| Andrew, Darrah,|
Ryan O., Tijuana
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
|Statistics of Jon Dalton|
|Total number of days||41|
|Total votes received||16|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Dalton returned as part of Malakal, the tribe of returning contestants who would compete against Airai, the tribe of die-hard Survivor fans. At the first individual Immunity Challenge on Day 1, where tribes were to retrieve an individual Immunity Idol (which would protect its wielder the first time his/her tribe goes to Tribal Council), Jon found the other tribe's idol, which was tied at the bow of a boat. Realizing his mistake, he rushed to the other boat, only to be accidentally tackled by fellow favorite Yau-Man Chan, to his anger. During his three-day stay, Jon's support was sought by two conflicting alliances: a budding "couples" alliance consisted of Parvati Shallow, James Clement, Ozzy Lusth, and Amanda Kimmel; and another foursome consisted of Ami Cusack, Yau-Man Chan, Eliza Orlins, and Jonathan Penner.
During the first tribal Immunity Challenge, the Malakal tribe found themselves to be too confident they would win against the fans, only to lose, in which Jon pointed out during their first Tribal Council. Back at camp, Jon jokingly told Parvati he just got a bottle with a message in it saying his grandmother died, which Parvati laughed at and said "Nice try". Later that night, Jon expressed he was not fully committed to the game because he was thinking about his expectant girlfriend—going as far as to ask his tribe to vote him out. Regardless of the tribe's mixed reactions due to his infamous past as a schemer (e.g. lying about his grandmother's death to win a Reward Challenge), Jonny Fairplay's request was honored by the tribe, and he was voted out after an unanimous 9-1 vote.
|Jon's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Ozzy|| Amanda, Ami, Cirie, Eliza, James,|
Jonathan, Ozzy, Parvati, Yau-Man
|Voted Off, Day 3|
- In 2004, Jon appeared in the audience at the Survivor: America's Tribal Council special.
- In 2005, Jon appeared as a contestant in a special Castaway Special episode of Family Feud, where he competed with Richard Hatch, Rudy Boesch, Ethan Zohn, and Rupert Boneham. The five competed against Shii Ann Huang, Susan Hawk, Tijuana Bradley, Christa Hastie, and Jenna Morasca.
- Dalton dated Michelle Deighton, a fourth season contestant from America's Next Top Model. They had a daughter born in January 16, 2008 which they named Piper Addison Dalton. The two separated in 2011.
- He also competed on Fear Factor with Twila Tanner, where they were the second team eliminated. During the second stunt, he was punched by The Amazing Race contestant Victoria Fuller for taunting her. He was also on TNA.
- On October 2, 2007, Dalton was involved in an altercation at the Fox Reality Really Awards with former child star Danny Bonaduce. Dalton was booed on stage while speaking to the audience and after asking the audience about this, Bonaduce responded by saying "They're booing because they hate you." As Bonaduce walked away, Fairplay called him back over and jumped on him, only to be flipped over Bonaduce's head, slamming him face first onto the stage floor, resulting in a bloody face and reportedly causing a loss of teeth. The two made up at the 2008 Reality Really Awards, where they poked fun at the incident.
- In 2008, Jon appeared on the Canadian show Reality Obsessed.
- On January 9, 2010, Jon attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Fairplay was inducted into Xfinity's Survivor Hall of Fame in 2013.
- In February 2015, Jon appeared on the History Channel show Pawn Stars where he sold a signed Red Hot Chili Peppers record for $1,100. He was wearing a shirt that said "I HATE JONNY FAIRPLAY".
- Fairplay was the first castaway to be drunk at Tribal Council, which happened the night where Drake voted out Burton Roberts.
- Fairplay is the first contestant to drop the F-bomb when voting against someone, which happened in the Tribal Council when Drake voted out Shawn Cohen.
- Fairplay earned the title of "Best Survivor Villain" in America's Tribal Council.
- Jon is one of fifteen Survivor contestants who has been known to participate in other reality shows besides Survivor. The others are Keith Tollefson, Amber Brkich, Rob Mariano, Jenna Morasca, Ethan Zohn, John Palyok, Twila Tanner, Richard Hatch, Whitney Duncan, Hayden Moss, Natalie Anderson, Nadiya Anderson, Michael Jefferson, and Caleb Reynolds.
- Fairplay is the only member of Malakal to originate from a pre-All-Stars season.
- Fairplay is one of two castaways to place third in their original season and place twentieth in their second season. The other is Sugar Kiper.
- Coincidentally, both were voted out in 9-1 votes in their second seasons.
- However, Fairplay didn't make it to the Final Tribal Council while Sugar did, due to his season being a Final Two season.
- Fairplay was recruited by Lynne at a gas station as revealed in Survivor Oz interview
- According to his profile for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Randy Bailey stated that Fairplay was the previous Survivor castaway that he respected the most.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20702/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/123/
- ↑ Staff, TMZ (June 29, 2011). "Jonny Fairplay -- DUMPED By 'Top Model' Wife". TMZ. http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/28/survivor-villain-jonny-fairplay-danny-bonaduce-toss-divorce-split-separation-child-custody/#.T3NBCtkbTIU. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1_VjxFTUmM
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJoMUfCWGJQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5_o4vGO6g
- ↑ https://survivoroz.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/jonny-fairplay-interview/
|Survivor: Pearl Islands Castaways|
|Survivor: Micronesia Castaways|