|Birth Date||May 13, 1973|
John Palyok was born in Hobart, Indiana, to John and Jenny and has a younger brother, Mike. He attended Hobart High School, where he participated in football, track and wrestling. He and his football team won the 1989 State Championship. Additionally, Palyok was awarded All-State, All-Conference and Team Captain of the 1990 football season.
Palyok earned a Division II football scholarship to Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana. During college, he was a member of the Theta Chi national fraternity, vice president of the American Marketing Association and made honorable mention on the Dean's List twice. He participated in a summer internship program at a well-known amusement park, where he was able to attend formal business seminars and assist in the recreational department of the company. He graduated in 1995 with a bachelor's degree in Sports Management with a minor in Business Administration. Upon graduation, Palyok earned a graduate assistantship to Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois. While there, he worked as the assistant business operations manager for their athletic department and worked at the local YMCA. In addition, he co-founded the organization Students for Responsible Business. In 1997, he received his master's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in management information systems.
After school, Palyok moved to Chicago, where he became a general manager for a Computerized Maintenance Management company, managing their Midwest regional office. He then moved to California to assist in starting up an educational software company, serving as the director of technical support and services. Most recently, Palyok has started a retail management career with one of the largest Home Depot stores in the world. Palyok's hobbies include camping, martial arts, hunting, fishing, scuba diving, archery, golf and traveling. He was PADI certified in 2000. He is a member of the Long Beach Bow Hunter's Club. Palyok was recently recognized by the California Bowmen Hunters's Club for harvesting one of the top 20 largest deer ever recorded in the state.
John Palylok was part of the all-male Lopevi tribe in the ninth season of Survivor. During his seven-day stay on the island he made close friends with Brady Finta and John Kenney who were also part of his "Young, Male Alliance" formed on Day One. The Younger Men's goal was to rid of the older members of the group except Sarge (Lea). When Lopevi lost the first Immunity Challenge to the all woman's Yasur tribe, Chris Daugherty was an obvious target because he failed to get across the balance beam and in effect lost the challenge for him. Once Sarge reported back to Chris, Rory, Travis, and Chad the older men joined up and voted out unexpecting tribe memeber Brook Geraghty in a 5-3-1 vote. Lopevi became divided by age and the game got dirty. However they won the next challenge and were safe for three more days, the two tribes were forced to attend tribal council in the first ever Double Tribal Council episode. John Kenney won individual Immunity and John Palylok's run came to an end as he was voted out that Tribal Council by a 5-3 vote.
|John P.'s Voting History|
|Episode|| John P.'s's|
| Voted Against|
|2||Lopevi Tribe Immune|
|3||Rory|| Chad, Chris, Lea,|
|Voted Off, Day 7|
- John went onto the show Solitary in 2007, competing as "J.P." in pod #9. He said he wanted to get on the show because 'no one would judge him." (In Solitary, nine people are isolated in little pods, where they have no communication with anyone but a computer.) He was the sixth person to leave. During the time in Solitary, he notably held a grudge against the person in pod #7, even though he never met him.
- During the Solitary Union (not a Reunion, as this is the first time the contestants meet each other), the player in Pod 4 (Kimberly Shields) asked the computer, Val, who she believed would win. Val stated that she believed #4 would win, then proceeded with numbers 1 through 8 saying she would believe they would win. When John, who was not mentioned to win, asked Val why she didn't think he would win, Val stated that she "knew about his track record on reality television", indirectly mentioning his time on Survivor.
- John worked as an actor in Soup of the Day and Charlie Cobb's Flash Bash.
- John now lives in Los Angeles, California, working at a Best Buy.
- On January 9, 2010, John attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of his Vanuatu cast mates.
- John was the first person to be voted out on Day 7. Mia Galeotalanza was also voted out on Day 7 but Lopevi went to Tribal Council first.
- John and Mia are the first two people to be voted out in a Double Tribal Council.
- John is one of fourteen Survivor contestants who has been known to participate in other reality shows besides Survivor. The others are Keith Tollefson, Amber Brkich, Rob Mariano, Jenna Morasca, Ethan Zohn, Jon Dalton, Twila Tanner, Richard Hatch, Whitney Duncan, Hayden Moss, Natalie Anderson, Nadiya Anderson and Michael Jefferson.
- John is one of three men with their first name being John to finish in 16th place, the other two being John Raymond and John Rocker.
|Survivor: Vanuatu Castaways|