|Born:||May 12, 1983|
|Hometown:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Occupation:||Physician, Army Orthopedic Surgery Resident|
|Blood vs. Water|
|Alliance(s):||Five Guys Alliance|
The husband of Candice and a member of the Five Guys Alliance, John would find himself betrayed and blindsided by his allies particularly his close ally Brad Culpepper, and was sent to Redemption Island. While Candice was eliminated at the next duel, John managed to survive until the final duel before the merge. However, he was eliminated in 13th place after coming in last in the final duel before the merge.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): John Cody (30)
Tribe Designation: Tadhana
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Candice's Husband
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.
Occupation: Physician: Army Orthopedic Surgery Resident
Personal Claim to Fame: Being a West Point grad, graduating from Georgetown Medical School and training at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for my Orthopedic Surgery residency.
Pet Peeves: Slow thinkers, talkers, and movers, people who eat paper, illogical, irrational and inflexible people, excuses, mouth breathers.
Three Words to Describe You: Competitive, off-the-cuff, and loyal.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) My wife – someone I can always trust! 2) My dogs – great listeners and never talk back. 3) Deck of cards – helps pass the time.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I relate most to Mick Trimming and Marcus Lehman because of my profession. I also relate to Jonathan Penner and Boston Rob, as smart family oriented guys who realize they have more to play for than just themselves.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: This is one of the most intense, intellectual and physical challenges I can think of, and being able to play with Candice will make it that much more interesting and crazy!
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: My work ethic, determination, outside-the-box thinking, flexibility and mental toughness.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I have a well-rounded mix of athleticism, grit and social emotional intelligence.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? This will be such an incredible experience and an awesome opportunity for us! How many people can say they've competed in a game for a million dollars with the love of their life? There's nobody in this world I trust more than Candice and this will be a crazy story for us to tell our kids someday.
John Cody came to play on Blood vs. Water with his wife Candice Cody. He quickly got an offer from Brad Culpepper to join an all-guy's alliance on Tadhana, which he accepted. With his alliance he voted out Marissa due to Gervase's excessive celebration, and Rachel due to the thought of Tyson switching with her at Redemption Island. His wife Candice kept on finishing 1st in Redemption Duels, giving the Hidden Immunity Idol clue's to John. This made him a threat on Tadhana. Even though John shared the clues with Brad, Brad used this as a reason to blindside John. He also thought that John wouldn't be loyal to him at the merge, thinking that he would be more loyal to Candice than him, if Candice were to return to the game. At Tribal Council, the other members of the all-guy's alliance listened to Brad, blindsiding John, sending him to Redemption Island to his wife.
In a weird way, John wanted to thank Brad for reuniting him with his wife. John and Candice won the immediate duel, sending Marissa home. Unfortunately, while John came in first place, Brad would defeat Candice for second place at the next duel. John would win multiple duels. In an attempt to get revenge, John would give clues to the Hidden Immunity Idol to Monica Culpepper. However, she would just burn them in the urn. John would ultimately make it to the final duel with Laura Morett and Laura Boneham. Unfortunately, John would be the first person to drop out and was eliminated from the game. He was frustrated when he lost, stating that his entire time he spent on Redemption Island he was thinking about the final duel, but he enjoyed the experience and enjoyed the time he spent with Candice on Redemption Island. He finished in 13th place.
|John's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Ciera|| Brad, Caleb, Ciera,|
Hayden, Katie, Vytas
|Voted Off, Day 8|
|4||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 19|
- In May 2015, John was promoted to a Major of the United States Army.
- John and Candice welcomed their first daughter, Beatrix Leigh Cody, born on September 12, 2015.
- John and Candice welcomed their second child, son Forrest Henry Cody, on June 7, 2017.
- John and wife Candice Cody were a replacement pair for Survivor: Blood vs. Water because R.C. Saint-Amour's father Craig suffered hypertension the day before filming.
- John was the first male castaway to be voted out of Blood vs. Water, despite Rupert Boneham and Colton Cumbie being eliminated before he was voted out of his tribe. This is due to Rupert switching with his wife at Redemption Island and Colton quitting.
- John and his wife were the first loved ones to be together in the game after Day Zero; they shared Redemption Island, though, and were never on a tribe with each other.
- John is the first and currently the only male contestant to lose the final pre-merge duel on Redemption Island.
- John is the first new player in Blood vs. Water, to be eliminated after outlasting his loved one.
- John and Marissa Peterson were the only members of Tadhana to survive more than one Redemption Island duel.
- John is also the only male contestant on Blood vs. Water to survive more than one Redemption Island duel.
- John was the only male contestant to be voted out unanimously on Blood vs. Water.
- John is the first male contestant on Blood vs. Water to win a Redemption Island duel.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214735/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CandiceCodyMD/status/600332427953872896
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JPCodyMD/status/643826307072139265
- ↑ http://people.com/babies/survivor-john-candice-cody-welcome-son-forrest-henry/
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/29/survivor-blood-vs-water-jeff-probst-pair-replaced/
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|