|Birth Date||April 13, 1972|
|Hometown|| Sherwood, Arkansas|
Los Angeles, California
Health Club Consultant
Joel J. Klug is a contestant from Survivor: Borneo.
One of four siblings, Joel grew up on a dairy farm approximately 20 minutes outside of Green Bay, Wisconsin. During his junior year at Reedsville Public High School, Joel joined the United States Coast Guard where he remained with a reserve unit for approximately one year. He then worked various jobs, included working for a sheet metal company, as a landscaper and also as a construction worker, before accepting a job at a health club.
In 1997, Joel relocated to Little Rock, Arkansas, after being recruited by a financial company whose primary clients are health clubs. At 25 years old, Joel was hired as a National Account Manager and became one of the youngest individuals working in his position, although he quickly proved himself to his peers. In two-and-a-half years, his contributions have helped the company generate record-breaking growth.
Joel describes himself as confident, strong-willed and adventurous. When not traveling the country, Joel enjoys playing football and golf. His favorite television show is "Arliss," and his favorite feature films are "Usual Suspects" and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." His perfect day would start with a chartered fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico, followed by a dinner of grilled snapper and mackerel. Enjoying the sunset from the deck of a condo in Sanibel Island, Florida, he'd smoke a great cigar while listening to the surf.
Joel currently resides in Sherwood, Arkansas. He is a member of the International Health & Raquet Sports Association. His birth date is April 13, 1972.
The 28-year-old Arkansas financial adviser, was voted off Pulau Tiga in a shocking vote. Not only was Joel picked by many to win the Survivor game, but his leadership and physical presence - so necessary in Immunity Challenges - in the Pagong tribe made him seem indispensable. He was strategic too, as he was one of the few people on his tribe that thought of a Pagong voting bloc to pick off the other tribe one by one at the merge.
However, in a shocking Tribal Council, Joel was sent packing not only because he laughed at Gervase Peterson's sexist comments against women, the women branded him as a physical threat come post-merge.
|Joel's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|3||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|5||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|6||Jenna|| Colleen, Greg,|
|Voted Off, Day 18|
- Klug is married to Anita Klug, and they have a son named Jayden. They currently reside in Los Angeles. He is still good friends with tribemate Gervase Peterson and Tagi member Sean Kenniff.
- In 2001, Joel appeared on a Survivor edition of The Weakest Link along with Borneo castaways Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk, Sean Kenniff, Gretchen Cordy and Ramona Gray. He was the fourth voted out. He received a house minimum of $10,000 for his charity.
- Joel's luxury item was a bottle of shampoo.
- Joel was the first castaway to cook and eat a rat.
- Joel is the first contestant from Arkansas.
- Joel was once in a relationship with Cook Islands contestant Cristina Coria.
- Starting with Joel, all the remaining members of Pagong were voted out in succession.
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|