|Birth Date||September 24, 1974|
Yesenia "Jessie" Camacho is a contestant from Survivor: Africa.
Camacho was born in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, and remained there until she was 14 years old. Moving to Florida in 1989, she attended Winter Park High School. In January 1991, at age 16, she was crowned "Miss Puerto Rico, Orlando." After graduating high school in 1992, she worked as a model before deciding to enroll in college. In 1996, she received an Associate of Arts Degree from Valencia Community College, where she was on the dean's list. She then immediately enrolled in the school's police academy, where she completed a grueling six months of physical training and intensive classroom work. In 1998, she was named one of the top three up-and-coming leaders in Central Florida by the Mayaquezanos organization. In March 2001, she was given the Juan Ponce de Leon Award for Future Leader by the Puerto Rican Parade of Central Florida.
Citing her grandfather, a former police officer in Puerto Rico, as her hero, Camacho previously worked as a police officer for the Altamonte Springs Police Department and a security officer for a major theme park. Her hobbies include rollerblading, mountain biking, personal fitness, dancing and kickboxing. She also collects cartoon movies.
Jessie Camacho has a dog, Babsy, and a fish, Blue. Her birth date is September 24.
Jessie started the game on the Boran tribe. After losing the first Immunity Challenge Jessie went along with the majority of her tribe by voting out the weak Diane. Very much like the survivor voted out before her, Jessie initially found it hard adjusting to her new, harsh environment, having profusely vomiting most of the time. When the Boran tribe continued their losing streak by losing the next two challenges, Boran felt that Jessie was the next weakest player. Despite the tribe still having animosity towards Clarence for eating a whole can of beans without their consent (and sharing it to Diane before her subsequent elimination), his strength weighed over Jessie's weakness, causing the latter's elimination with a 5-2 decision.
|Jessie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Clarence|| Clarence, Ethan,|
Kelly, Kim J., Lex
|Voted Off, Day 6|
- Jessie was a contestant on the second season of the reality show Protagonistas de novela. She finished in 3rd place.
- Jessie now works as actress in movies and TV series, and as host for television.
- On January 9, 2010, Jessie attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Jessie's luxury item was a Necklace from her Grandmother.
- She is the second Hispanic castaway and first female to play Survivor after Kel Gleason.
- Jessie is the fourth contestant of Survivor to never win a challenge, following Sonja Christopher, Debb Eaton and Diane Ogden.
- She is the first person to do this and not be the first person voted out.
- Jessie was the first woman to finish in 15th place and the first woman to be the second person voted out of the game.
- On "The Morning Show" on CBS, she was given chap-stick as a joke because on the show she had chapped lips.
- Jessie shares her birthday with Tyrone Davis.
|Survivor: Africa Castaways|