|Australian Survivor (2017)|
Jericho Malabonga is the Sole Survivor of Australian Survivor (2017).
Retrieved from tenplay.com.au
From the Philippines to Auckland and now Melbourne, Jericho is used to being the new kid in town. But instead of letting his guard down quickly, on Australian Survivor he will be pretending to be someone else entirely.
"It's been my childhood dream to play the game and to become another person. It is not my normal way of behaving so I can be anyone out there. I will make up a life and say I am three years younger, just for the sake of it," he said.
"I watched last year's series and I liked some of the contenders but they weren't given enough room to strike. They were playing with people who do not get the game so they left early. That won't happen to me."
Jericho is not afraid to show his darker competitive side when it comes to the game.
"I don't want to play safe, I want to play risky. I want to be the Sole Survivor and to experience it all. Just being called up is an enormous bonus to my life, I am so excited. It's already one of the greatest achievements in my life."
After studying anthropology, Jericho followed his dream of becoming a flight attendant. Starting as a cabin cleaner and working his way up the ranks, he now works for a major airline, flying internationally.
A mega-fan of Survivor, Jericho has his game plan mapped out but is also enjoying every moment in the lead up to setting foot on the island.
"There will be people who think they are the alpha male or the strategist of the whole game. My plan is to fuel those egos. I will keep feeding it until they let their guard down, then I will strike," he said.
"I'm just enjoying every moment of this adventure – from intensifying my exercise, the joy of playing the game and to the lead up of simply listening to music, hanging with my family and friends because I know it is going to be very isolated over there. I'm ready though."
|Jericho's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Asaga Tribe Immune|
|3||Asaga Tribe Immune|
|4||Asaga Tribe Immune|
|5||Asaga Tribe Immune|
|8||Asaga Tribe Immune|
|11||No Tribal Council2|
|13||Asaga Tribe Immune|
| Michelle, Peter;|
| Jury Votes|
| Anneliese, Henry, Jarrad,|
Luke, Michelle, Ziggy
|Sole Survivor, Day 55|
^1 In Episode 1, the vote ended with a 6-6 tie between Joan and Kent, forcing a revote. Jericho changes his vote to Joan on the revote.
^2 In Episode 11, despite losing the Immunity Challenge, Asaga did not have to go to Tribal Council.
^3 In Episode 14, rather than voting out a member of the tribe, Asaga was given the chance for one castaway to mutiny at Tribal Council.
^4 In Episode 25, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Jericho and Michelle, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a firemaking tiebreaker. Jericho won the tiebreaker and remained in the game.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- Of the final 6, Jericho is the only one to have never been a part of the Samatau tribe.
- Along with Jarrad Seng, Jericho is the first Asian-Australian man to be cast on Australian Survivor.
- Jericho is Australian Survivor's first Asian-Australian Sole Survivor
- Jericho is the first castaway in Australian Survivor to vote someone off the jury due to the Juror Removal twist. He is also the first male to vote someone off the jury in Survivor history, as the first person to vote someone off the jury was a female. He is the first person to remove a female castaway from the jury, as the first person removed from the jury was a male.
- Jericho is the first person in Australian Survivor to win a fire making tiebreaker challenge
- Of the final 4, Jericho is the only one to have never swapped tribes.
- Jericho was the last contestant in his season to receive a vote against them.
|Australian Survivor (2017) Castaways|