|In Memoriam: Jenn Lyon |
Survivor: Palau castaway Jenn Lyon passed away due to breast cancer on January 19, 2010.
|Birth Date||February 27, 1972|
|Died||January 19, 2010 (age 37)|
Jennifer Jane "Jenn" Lyon was a contestant from Survivor: Palau.
Jenn died of breast cancer in 2010, five years after her appearance on Survivor, becoming the first former Survivor contestant to pass away.
Born in Nevada, Jennifer Lyon grew up in Washington and Oregon. She spent one year in Spain as a foreign exchange student and two years in London working as a nanny. While in Oregon, she attended Portland State University for approximately one year. She then attended Western Oregon State College before transferring to Oregon State University, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition and food management. She is currently pursuing her master's degree in the school of family consumer sciences at California State University, Northridge.
Lyon continues to work as a nanny in the Los Angeles area and is a photographer part time. She has previously worked as a nutrition counselor, preschool teacher and photographer's assistant. She describes herself as good-natured, easy-going and opinionated. She enjoys hiking, soccer and photography. She is very proud of learning Spanish while participating in the foreign exchange program when she was 18 years old
|Jenn's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Koror Tribe Immune|
|2||Koror Tribe Immune|
|3||Koror Tribe Immune|
|4||Koror Tribe Immune|
|6||Koror Tribe Immune|
|7||Koror Tribe Immune|
|8||Koror Tribe Immune|
| Ian, Katie;|
|Voted Off, Day 371|
| Voted for|
- On January 19, 2010, Lyon passed away from breast cancer, which had come back from remission and had metastasized to the bone. She was thus the first cast member of Survivor to pass away. The special Surviving Survivor, which aired Thursday, February 4, 2010, just over two weeks after her death, was dedicated to her memory. The reunion episode of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains showed a montage video made up of moments of Lyon from her appearance on Survivor: Palau.
- Jenn Lyon is the first Survivor castaway to pass away.
- B.B. Andersen would be the second.
- Jenn was good friends with Jeff, and he sometimes drove her to the hospital.
- Jenn is the first female contestant to partake in a final four fire making challenge due to a tied re-vote.
- The final four tribal council of Palau was the only time votes were cast against her.
- Of all the voted out members of Koror, she's the only one that Tom Westman never voted against.
|Survivor: Palau Castaways|