|In Memoriam: Jenn Lyon |
Survivor: Palau castaway Jenn Lyon passed away due to breast cancer on Tuesday, January 19, 2010.
|Birth Date||February 27, 1972|
|Died||January 19, 2010 (age 37)|
Jennifer Jane "Jenn" Lyon was a contestant from Survivor: Palau.
Jenn died of breast cancer in 2010, five years after her appearance on Survivor, becoming the first former Survivor contestant to pass away.
Born in Nevada, Jennifer Lyon grew up in Washington and Oregon. She spent one year in Spain as a foreign exchange student and two years in London working as a nanny. While in Oregon, she attended Portland State University for approximately one year. She then attended Western Oregon State College before transferring to Oregon State University, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition and food management. She is currently pursuing her master's degree in the school of family consumer sciences at California State University, Northridge.
Lyon continues to work as a nanny in the Los Angeles area and is a photographer part time. She has previously worked as a nutrition counselor, preschool teacher and photographer's assistant. She describes herself as good-natured, easy-going and opinionated. She enjoys hiking, soccer and photography. She is very proud of learning Spanish while participating in the foreign exchange program when she was 18 years old
|Jenn's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Koror Tribe Immune|
|2||Koror Tribe Immune|
|3||Koror Tribe Immune|
|4||Koror Tribe Immune|
|6||Koror Tribe Immune|
|7||Koror Tribe Immune|
|8||Koror Tribe Immune|
| Ian, Katie;|
|Voted Off, Day 37|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Ultimate Shock, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Jenn and Ian, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a firemaking tiebreaker. Jenn was eliminated at the tiebreaker.
- Jenn briefly dated Survivor: Panama contestant Austin Carty in 2006.
- On January 9, 2010, despite her health, Jenn was able to attend Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- On January 19, 2010, 10 days after attending the anniversary party, Lyon passed away from breast cancer, which had come back from remission and had metastasized to the bone. She was thus the first cast member of Survivor to pass away. The special Surviving Survivor, which aired Thursday, February 4, 2010, just over two weeks after her death, was dedicated to her memory. The reunion episode of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains showed a montage video made up of moments of Lyon from her appearance on Survivor: Palau.
- Jenn is the first female contestant to partake in a final four fire making challenge due to a tied re-vote.
- The final four tribal council of Palau was the only time votes were cast against her.
- Because Palau was the first season with 20 contestants, Jenn was the first castaway to be the 17th person to be eliminated in a season.
- Jenn was good friends with Jeff Probst, and he would sometimes drive her to the hospital.
- Jenn Lyon is the first Survivor castaway to pass away.
- Jenn shares her birthday with Ashley Trainer and Kourtney Moon.
- Tom Westman said that Jenn was the contestant he most respects in his Pre-game profile for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains.
|Survivor: Palau Castaways|