|Birth Date||January 26, 1981|
|Occupation||Water Skiing Instructor|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Yaxhá|
Jamie Newton is a contestant from Survivor: Guatemala.
He is remembered for his rivalry with Bobby Jon Drinkard in Guatemala.
Born and raised in Douglas, Georgia, with his identical twin brother, Ramie, Jamie Newton has also lived in Atlanta and Jacksonville, Florida. He attended Central Missouri State University, where he was a member of the wrestling team and won the title Regional Champ in 1999. He received his bachelor degree in finance.
Newton is currently a water ski instructor at a children's summer camp. He is also considering a career in acting. He appeared on "All My Children" in 2003 and has worked as an extra in various productions.
Newton's favorite activities are scuba diving, snowboarding and wakeboarding. He describes himself as loving, compassionate and adventurous. He believes that his uncanny ability to read and connect with people will help him succeed on SURVIVOR. If he wins the $1 million, he would use it to pay off his college loans and give his mom a nice place to live.
Newton currently resides in North Hollywood, California. His birth date is January 26, 1981.
Jamie began the game on the Yaxhá tribe, where he quickly formed a bond with Stephenie LaGrossa and Rafe Judkins. He voted with the majority to eliminate Morgan McDevitt and Brianna Varela at the first two Tribal Councils. Jamie and Bobby Jon Drinkard from the rival Nakúm tribe had a screaming match after one Immunity Challenge, after Jamie was celebrating emphatically.
Jamie, Stephenie, Rafe, and Lydia Morales were switched over to Nakúm, which also had four former Nakúm members. Jamie and Stephenie quickly bonded with Judd Sergeant, and convinced him to flip on his former tribe and vote out Brooke Struck. Tensions with Bobby Jon continued, and Nakúm went to Tribal Council again in a double tribal council twist and voted out Judd's nemesis Margaret Bobonich.
The two tribes merged into the new Xhakúm tribe, where Jamie's alliance, consisting of himself, Stephenie, Rafe, Judd, Lydia, and Cindy Hall was in control. During the first Immunity Challenge, Jamie sat out to participate in a feast, and called out Bobby Jon and Brandon Bellinger as the ones who needed to win, since they were on the chopping block. This angered Bobby Jon who yelled back at him. At camp, tensions were even higher, which carried over to Tribal Council where Bobby Jon said that Jamie had no class, which evidently hurt Jamie's feelings. During this time, Jamie constantly asked Rafe and Stephenie if their alliance was still strong and if they were going to the final six. Rafe and Stephenie kept assuring him that he was fine.
After Bobby Jon was voted out, Jamie argued with Gary Hogeboom over a lie that Jamie thought he told, but actually did not. Jamie continued to be paranoid about being blindsided, and asked Rafe multiple times each day to reassure his position in the game. Annoyed by his persistence, Rafe organized Jamie's blindsided, which confirmed his fears. He placed eighth. At the Final Tribal Council, he voted for Danni Boatwright, still feeling betrayed by Stephenie.
|Jamie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Yaxhá Tribe Immune|
|5||Nakúm Tribe Immune|
|7||Nakúm Tribe Immune|
|8||Brandon|| Bobby Jon, Brandon,|
|9||Bobby Jon||Individual Immunity|
|10||Gary|| Cindy, Danni, Gary,|
Lydia, Rafe, Stephenie
|Voted Off, Day 27|
| Voted For|
- Jamie appeared on the pilot of MTV's dating reality show "Parental Control".
- He is also modeling in California for some major magazines.
- In 2012, Jamie served as the protagonist in the film "Seeking Mr. X".
- On January 25, 2014, Jamie got engaged to his girlfriend.
- Jamie is one of three Guatemala castaways to have a twin. The others are Judd Sergeant and Cindy Hall.
- Jamie is the lowest ranking Xhakúm member to win an Individual Immunity challenge.
- Jamie is the lowest placing post-swap Nakúm member to make the merge.
- Jamie is tied with Lydia Morales for most votes received in Survivor: Guatemala with 10.
- When Jamie won individual immunity on day 24, the necklace was placed backwards on him.
- Jamie lost 30 lbs (13.6 kg) during his time in Guatemala.
- Jamie states he was a substitute for a player who broke his leg in a basketball game.
- Before his elimination, every person Jamie voted for was eliminated at that Tribal Council.
- Jamie was asked back for Survivor: Blood vs Water, but his twin brother Ramie couldn't do the interviews because of his job.
|Survivor: Guatemala Castaways|
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Timor!