|Born:||March 9, 1977|
|Tribe(s):|| Fei Long|
► Zhan Hu
Hae Da Fung
|Alliance(s):||Fei Long Alliance|
|Alliance(s):||Malakal Couples Alliance|
|Heroes vs. Villains|
Physically, James is one of the strongest contestants to play; however, all his experiences in the show have been negative. He is remembered more for being blindsided with two Hidden Immunity Idols in his possession while in China, and being unlucky with injuries, such as being medically evacuated due to an infected finger and voted out after injuring his leg. Despite this, James is still considered one of the most physically dominant players in the game, and one of the series most comical and remembered players for his humorous remarks and phrases, and zero tolerance for "dummies".
Retrieved from CBS.com
After the completion of the welcoming ceremony, James Clement was place on the Fei Long tribe. James immediately proved to a hard worker for his tribe. However after a conversation with Leslie Nease, James revealed in a confessional that his biggest obstacle was the social aspect as he prefer to be by himself. James was chosen to be the frontrunner for his tribe. Fei Long was able to win easily over the rival tribe, Zhan Hu, keeping James safe. James would help his tribe win the next two challenges.
On Day 7, James and Amanda Kimmel found a crab. However, the tribe argued what to do with it before settling with Courtney Yates' idea of boiling it for crab stock. At the Reward Challenge, the Fei Long men won both of their respective rounds against the Zhan Hu men. However, Zhan Hu's women won the tribe it's first challenge and chose to kidnap Leslie Nease. James and Jean-Robert Bellande talked loudly about who to vote out next in an insulting manner before settling on Leslie. The men failed to noticed that Courtney and Todd Herzog were only a few yards and were annoyed with them and wanted them out. Fei Long lost it's first Immunity Challenge. At Tribal Council, Leslie was voted out in a 6-2 vote over Jean-Robert.
Fei Long was able to resume it's winning streak by winning the next Reward Challenge at Tribal Council. The tribe won a visit from local fisherman and his family and chose to kidnap Zhan Hu's Dave Cruser. Due to his ability to speak Mandarin, Jean-Robert served as a translator between the fisherman and the tribe. At the Immunity Challenge, James was partnered with Todd. James and Todd managed to score an combined 3 points for Fei Long, which was crucial for winning the Immunity Challenge.
On Day 13, James praises Denise Martin in a confessional for her work ethic and encouraging nature. James found those traits attractive and said he would be in a relationship with her if not for the age difference. Later that day, two Chinese men came with a note asking Fei Long to pick Zhan Hu's two strongest members and they would become Fei Long. Fei Long speculated that the note meant that two Fei Long members was being transferred to Zhan Hu as well. Fei Long chose Frosti Zernow and Sherea Lloyd. Jean-Robert told James that if Zhan Hu received the same note, he would be going Zhan Hu. Sure enough, two different fisherman came with a note reveal James was being transferred to the Zhan Hu along with Aaron Reisberger. When he was getting to know his new tribemates, James told them he would gather firewood and water. At the Immunity Challenge, James became frustrated with Jaime Dugan and Peih-Gee Law when the women were botching the puzzle while cracking jokes. Zhan Hu ended up losing the challenge after the women threw it in order to vote out James or Aaron. James' attitude became worse when he learned that the women threw the challenge. Despite receiving a vote from Aaron, Aaron was the one who was voted out in a 3-1-1 vote with James voting for Peih-Gee in order to not break his Fei Long loyalty.
James felt the best thing for him to do was to do the work at camp to keep Zhan Hu rested so they would have no excuse for losing the challenge. Despite this Zhan Hu was still set on throwing the challenge and voting out James. At the Reward Challenge, Zhan Hu lost but James was able to go to the trip to the Chinese Tea House because of being kidnapped. James along with Fei Long enjoyed the Tea House and it's amenities. James himself, showered naked in front everyone, which didn't bother them, or him at all. Todd Herzog told James to share the container with him once James had opened it. When he did open it, James learned that it was a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. James gave the clue to Todd, who later returned with the idol. Todd wanted James to throw the challenge so he could vote out Jaime. James felt that shouldn't be too hard as Zhan Hu were going throw the challenge anyway. However, Zhan Hu actually competed to win and they won the Immunity Challenge when Denise was unable to eat a balut which caused her tribe to lose.
Peih-Gee tried to convince James to join them after the merge, pointing out that they sacrificed on of their allies to save him but he wasn't interested. Based on where Todd told him where the idol was, James went to retrieve the other idol. James pulled both plaques down and rushed to place the idol in his bag. He later noticed that the blank plaque was gone and wondered in delight if Jaime had took it thinking it was a Hidden Immunity Idol. On Day 20, The tribes merged and enjoyed an feast with entertainment provided by Chinese performers. The next day, the Immunity Challenge was held at camp, which was won by Frosti. At Tribal Council, James' suspicions was confirmed when Jaime attempted to play her idol, only for it to be revealed to be fake and she was voted out in a 7-3 vote. James felt he was in a good position because his alliance gets along despite the differences. However, James having two idols earned the ire of Todd and Amanda who wanted him out because of threat status. At the Reward Challenge, Jean-Robert picked James, Todd, and Amanda and they won a tribe to a 1000 year old village. James was impressed with the history of the village. James clashed with Jean-Robert twice, first when it to James eating more rice and second was when the latter interrogated the former about the idols. At Tribal Council, James was spared and Jean-Robert was voted out in a 5-3-1 vote.
James was shaken by nearly getting voted out. He woke up the rest of the tribe by singing "Good Morning" in an obnoxious voice. Denise also came to James about being left out of the Jean-Robert blindside because she felt like she was on the outside. At the next Reward Challenge, Peih-Gee picked James to be on her team. James picked Todd who picked Denise. The team struggled in the challenge and lost the river cruise. James and Peih-Gee argued about the loss of challenge. At The next Immunity Challenge, The castaways were given the choice of competing or eating burgers with all of the fixins, fries and sodas until the challenge ended. James chose to eat and Peih-Gee won immunity over Frosti. At Tribal Council, Frosti was unanimously voted out over Erik.
After Frosti left, The final seven were quizzed on facts for a trip to a xiaolin temple. Peih-Gee won and took Erik and Denise with her. When they returned, Erik tried to convince James into an final four alliance with him, Denise, and Peih-Gee. James wasn't interested, feeling secured in his five person alliance and liken flipping to eating the apple in the Garden of Eden. However, Amanda deemed James the biggest threat and felt this was the best chance to blindside him if he didn't win immunity. At the Immunity Challenge, James made it to the final round but failed to score with Erik winning immunity much to the relief of Amanda, Todd, and Courtney. James was set voting out Peih-Gee. At Tribal Council, James didn't use his idols and was blindsided in a 5-1-1 vote.
At Final Tribal Council, James congratulated the finalists and told them that he wasn't upset with them for blindsiding him. James asked Courtney about one good time on Survivor. Courtney said during the first challenge of the season because she claimed the pole was heavy and was excited when they won because she wasn't going to be the first person voted out of the season. When asked by Jeff why he asked that question, James claimed it because he wanted to give the finalists an easy one. In the end, James voted for Courtney (originally stated to be Todd) to win, who lost in a 4-2-1 vote.
|James' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|2||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|4||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|6||Zhan Hu Tribe Immune|
|8||Jean-Robert|| Erik, Jean-Robert,|
|11||Peih-Gee|| Amanda, Courtney,|
Denise, Erik, Todd
|Voted Off, Day 30|
| Voted for|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|James' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|4||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|5||Airai Tribe Immune|
|6||Airai Tribe Immune|
|7||Airai Tribe Immune|
|8||Airai Tribe Immune|
|12||No Tribal Council|
|Evacuated, Day 31|
| Voted for|
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
|Statistics of James Clement|
|Total number of days||76|
|Total votes received||19|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Due to his kind nature and "gentle giant" persona, James was assigned to the Heroes tribe. This season, James became frustrated and angry at his tribe mates over time for their lack of team work when it came to competing against the Villains, and during the Tribal Council when Stephenie LaGrossa was eliminated, this sudden change of attitude was not well received.
At a Reward Challenge, James once again injured himself and was treated by the Medical Team. With the tribe unaware of whether or not he'd return, several people contemplated his return to the game and whether or not it would benefit them. James returned later on that day with his leg in a cast. Although still mobile, he was weakened and could not commit to his usual work ethic.
Losing consecutive challenges, James knew he was on the chopping block, but attempted to show he was still a valuable asset by racing J.T. Thomas, though he lost badly. Ultimately, it came down to "banana etiquette" as he was voted out on Day 15 for being too much of a liability to his tribe.
|James' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|6||Colby|| Amanda, Candice,|
Colby, J.T., Rupert
|Voted Off, Day 15|
- James is a big fan of The Young and the Restless. He ended up making a cameo as a cop in an episode. After watching the series for more than two decades (and even scheduling his college classes around the show), James says he's an even bigger fan after his cameo. "Just the fact that I was there makes me relate to it and love the show more," he says. "I had a great time. I can take that off my bucket list now."
- On January 9, 2010, James attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of his Heroes vs. Villains cast mates.
- At the Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Reunion Show, James was nominated for the Dumbest Move in Survivor History for being blindsided with two Hidden Immunity Idols in his possession and not playing either of them in Survivor: China. James lost to fellow Heroes tribemate J.T. Thomas.
- James was cast on the show at the advice of Boo Bernis from Survivor: Fiji. James and Boo are both natives of Lafayette, Louisiana, and played football together at the University of Southwestern Louisiana. They had known each other for about 10 years.
- James has played all three seasons on the same starting tribe as Amanda Kimmel, and she has placed higher than him all three times.
- James and Frosti Zernow are the only contestants to be members of all three Survivor: China tribes.
- James is the first contestant to be in possession of two Hidden Immunity Idols at the same time. He would later be followed by Parvati Shallow, Malcolm Freberg (who did so twice), Tony Vlachos, and Jeremy Collins.
- James is the first contestant voted out while having a playable Hidden Immunity Idol in his possession.
- He is the only player to be voted out while in possession of two idols.
- James was the first African-American male to return for a second season of Survivor.
- James is one of seven players to appear on two back-to-back seasons (the others are: Rupert Boneham, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Stephenie LaGrossa, Amanda Kimmel, Russell Hantz, and Malcolm Freberg).
- Having finished 7th in his first two seasons, James is the first castaway to finish in the same position twice. He was followed by Candice Cody, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Jonathan Penner, and Erik Reichenbach.
- After finishing in 7th place twice, he was the 7th person voted out of Heroes vs. Villains.
- Coincidentally, James placed 14th in Heroes vs. Villains, the same number as his first two placements combined.
- James is one of three contestants to win the Fan Favorite Award twice, with the other two being Russell Hantz and Ozzy Lusth.
- James is one of two contestants to win the Fan Favorite Award in consecutive seasons, with the other being Russell Hantz.
- James is the first evacuee to play another season post-evacuation and one of the five contestants to ever do so.
- In their profiles for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Both James and Amanda have listed each other as the previous Survivor castaway they respect the most.
- James' luxury item in Heroes vs. Villains was one of the two idols he did not use in China.
- Despite his being regarded as one of the strongest players to play the game, James never won an Individual Challenge.
- Two of James's three eliminations involved injuries. He was medically evacuated from Micronesia and was voted out due to his leg injury in Heroes vs. Villains.
- James wore seven buff colors during his three seasons and never the same color twice.
- Both times James was on the jury the person who he voted for did not win.
- Both times he was on the jury he voted for a contestant from Survivor: China.
- James along with Amanda, Stephenie, Cirie Fields, and Parvati Shallow are the first castaways to play in seasons with all new castaways, all returning castaways, and season with both new and returning players. They were followed by Rob Mariano, Russell Hantz, Coach Wade, Tina Wesson, Rupert, Candice Cody, and Tyson Apostol.
|Survivor: China Castaways|
|Survivor: Micronesia Castaways|
|Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Castaways|