|Birth Date||June 23, 1984|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Jalapao|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Heroes|
██ Yin Yang
He is known for his southern charm and physical ability in challenges and a key moment involved him breaking a tooth. He is well liked, proven by being the first of two castaways the second being John Cochran to play a "perfect game", not having a vote against him and getting all of the Jury votes during Tocantins. J.T. however succumbed to a fatal mistake during his return in Heroes vs. Villains, when he passed his Hidden Immunity Idol to a notorious Villain being cited as the Dumbest Move Ever.
A cattle manager raised in Samson, Alabama, J.T. operates a registered Angus Cattle Ranch. In addition to preparing the land and working the cattle, this southern charmer is responsible for all the paperwork and marketing associated with running the business.
This ambitious 24-year-old gets fired up when people insult his intelligence and says "I'm not a dumb hillbilly, so don’t think it!" However, this may be just the strategy that JT chooses to use and isn’t above playing the “dumb and innocent country boy role” in an effort to gain alliances with the women. JT attended Troy University and is the first in his family to earn a Bachelors Degree. His is in business administration.
A true family man, JT values his relationships and will work towards forming alliances that will take him very far in the game. This strong country boy is competitive and determined and will use manipulation in order to help him succeed and ultimately win SURVIVOR.
JT is single and currently resides in Mobile, Ala. His birthdate is June 23.
Assigned to the red Jalapao tribe, JT was popular and well-liked by all his tribemates and his physical prowess in challenges made him very valuable to fellow tribe member Stephen Fishbach and as of Day 2 created a rock-solid alliance and with the help of Taj Johnson-George became the power-players, eliminating Sandy Burgin, Spencer Duhm, and Sydney Wheeler in back to back in Jalapao's three straight Tribal Councils.
Despite his persona, JT was on the losing end when it came to tribal numbers. When Jalapao merged with Timbira, it was Coach who approached him and Stephen to create a new alliance. Due to the medical evacuation of Joe Dowdle and Timbira slowly self-destructing, JT was able to play up his social game and play hard when it came to Individual Challenges earning the respect of those voted out.
In the final few rounds of the game, JT began winning consecutive Individual Immunities sending strategies into a tailspin after he became a target. Despite all this, the original alliance he created with Stephen he honored by taking him to the Final Two over Erinn Lobdell. In the end, he became the eighteenth Sole Survivor by a vote of 7-0 - the series' second landslide unanimous vote.
|J.T.'s Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Jalapao Tribe Immune|
|3||Jalapao Tribe Immune|
|8||No Tribal Council|
| Jury Votes|
| Brendan, Coach, Debbie,|
Erinn, Sierra, Taj, Tyson
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
Survivor: Heroes vs. VillainsEdit
|Statistics of J.T. Thomas|
|Total number of days||66|
|Total votes received||5|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Just as it seemed that their rivals had the upper hand, after losing three consecutive Immunity Challenges, the Heroes bounced back, the now five-some were a force to be reckoned with and decided together that (after finding the Hidden Idol clue at a Reward) to use it to enable them to become the Final Five. J.T. upon returning to camp went looking for it alone and was caught by Amanda Kimmel, forcing him to reveal his find to the rest of the tribe. Some time later on, the Heroes began noticing that the men from the Villains were being systematically voted out, alluding to an all-female alliance. JT led his Heroes to the belief that if they were to give the Idol to Russell and use it, they'll merge with a Villain on their side and still upkeep their Final Five deal.
J.T. wrote a note, wrapped it with the Hidden Immunity Idol and during the Immunity Challenge he handed it to Russell. When the tribes eventually merged, Russell stayed with his Villains and J.T. was blindsided after two Idols were played at the first merge Tribal Council.
|J.T.'s Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|7||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|8||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|9||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|10||Danielle, Jerri, Parvati,|
|Voted Off, Day 27|
| Voted for|
- At the Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Reunion Show, J.T. won the award for the Dumbest Move in Survivor History for giving up his Hidden Immunity Idol to Russell Hantz, the leader of the Villains tribe who was not in any danger like J.T. thought he was.
- When asked about his winnings in a 2011 interview, J.T. replied: "I bought my sisters some new cars and some of my sisters' kids; I decided to help them out with their school tuition costs. I also gave my mother and father some money to help them out, and the majority of it, I invested. I wanted to help my family out and because I have a lot of nephews and nieces, I promised my family I'd pay for my nephews and nieces to go to college one day. I'm just trying to invest in their future and give back to my family."
Heroes vs. VillainsEdit
- J.T. became the second winner to receive all Jury votes in a season, following Survivor: Fiji's Earl Cole, he is also the first contestant to have played a "perfect game", having had no votes cast against him during Tribal Council and receiving every Jury vote in a season.
- J.T. has been part of every individual reward in Tocantins. He had won three of four post-merger Reward Challenges, and he was picked by Stephen to join him on his reward during They Both Went Bananas.
- J.T. is the only winner to become a member of the Jury on his next attempt (Ethan Zohn, Richard Hatch, Tina Wesson and Tom Westman were voted out before the Jury phase; Jenna Morasca quit before the Jury phase; Parvati Shallow and Sandra Diaz-Twine reached the Final Tribal Council for a second time).
- Coach referred to J.T. as The Warrior.
- J.T. is one of the Five season winners (along with Sandra Diaz-Twine, Amber Mariano, Parvati Shallow & John Cochran) to compete in more than one season, and make it to the Top 10 in every season they compete in,
- J.T. is the fifteenth contestant to find a Hidden Immunity Idol.
- In seasons to include Exile Island, J.T. is the only winner to not be exiled.
J.T. is the sixth person and second male to be voted out of Survivor as a direct result of a Hidden Immunity Idol being played after the vote.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: Tocantins Contestants|
Brendan Synnott · Carolina Eastwood · Candace Smith · Coach Wade · Debbie Beebe · Erinn Lobdell · J.T. Thomas · Jerry Sims · Joe Dowdle · Sandy Burgin · Sierra Reed · Spencer Duhm · Stephen Fishbach · Sydney Wheeler · Taj Johnson-George · Tyson Apostol
|Survivor: Heroes vs Villains Contestants|
Amanda Kimmel · Candice Woodcock · Cirie Fields · Coach Wade · Colby Donaldson · Courtney Yates · Danielle DiLorenzo · J.T. Thomas · James Clement · Jerri Manthey · Parvati Shallow · Randy Bailey · Rob Mariano · Rupert Boneham · Russell Hantz · Sandra Diaz-Twine · Stephenie LaGrossa · Sugar Kiper · Tom Westman · Tyson Apostol