|"If It Smells Like a Rat, Give It Cheese"|
|Episode Number:||13/15 (243)|
|Original Release:||May 8, 2008|
|Viewership (in millions):||12.62|
|Previous:||"I'm Gonna Fix Her!"|
|Next:||"Stir the Pot!"|
If It Smells Like a Rat, Give It Cheese is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Micronesia.
Challenge: Survivor Roots
The castaways would be quizzed about favorite moments from past seasons of Survivor. The first person to correctly answer four questions would win.
Reward: A helicopter trip over the Rock Islands and an overnight stay at a resort
Winner: Erik Reichenbach (shared with Amanda Kimmel) (exiled Parvati Shallow)
Challenge: Dash, Dig, Decode
Three large sand pits are surrounded by signs with symbolic coordinate. Each castaway would be given a pair of ropes and a set of coordinates. They would use the ropes to match the coordinates up so that the ropes intersect within the circle. At that intersection point, they would dig up a bag of puzzle pieces. This would give them the coordinates to use with the ropes on the second sand pit. The process would be repeated until a final bag of puzzle pieces would be retrieved from the third sand pit. The first person to complete the last puzzle wins immunity
Winner: Erik Reichenbach (immunity later gave to Natalie Bolton)
| Tribal Council 13:|
Erik (4 votes)
Amanda, Cirie, Natalie, Parvati
Parvati (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(votes for Parvati) I'm voting for Parvati. You gotta take some risks sometime and hope people keep their word. Oh God!!!!||”|
|“||(votes for Erik) I don't even know what to say... but thank you.||”|
|“||(votes for Erik) You know...||”|
|“||(votes for Erik) My mother always told me, you may not be able to beat them with these (points to arms) all the time, but you can always beat them with this (points to head). Sorry.||”|
|“||(votes for Erik) You're crazy! You'll officially go down as the dumbest Survivor ever. In the history of Survivor. Ever.||”|
|“||Damn, damn! They got me. I should've know better. Those damn girls, I mean, there's one thing to be said about surviving the elements and there's another thing to be said about surviving four crazy, sexy women. I never thought I would be shoulder to shoulder with all these people that I've seen on TV. These are my heroes and they're talking to me. They acknowledged me as a person. This whole experience was unbelievable.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
Life at Ponderosa
- This episode was voted the 5th best Survivor episode of all time in the "Top 25 Greatest Episodes of all time" poll by Survivor Oz in 2015.
- James Clement referenced his infamous fiasco in "Ready to Bite the Apple" when he said that he was no longer the "Dumbest Survivor Ever."
- Erik became the first contestant to win an individual Immunity Challenge, give away the Immunity Necklace to an opponent, and get voted out. He would later be succeeded by Brandon Hantz in Survivor: South Pacific; however, Brandon was sent to Redemption Island, while Erik was directly eliminated.
- With Erik voted out, this marked the first time the final four is comprised of one gender, with four women remaining.
- With Erik being voted out, Natalie is the only "fan" remaining.
- This episode marks the only time in Survivor history in which every vote at Tribal Council was shown before they were actually read, revealing that Erik was to go before Probst read the votes.
- When Erik won individual immunity in "The Beginning of the End", Jeff Probst asks him if there's any chance of him giving up his immunity again, to which Erik replied, "I'm way too scared to do that again."
- In a recent interview, Jeff Probst stated this is second favorite blindside of all time.
- This Tribal Council was inducted into the Survivor Hall of Fame in 2014.
- The episode title was said by Natalie ("If it smells like a rat") and Cirie ("give it cheese").
|Survivor: Micronesia Episodes|
"You Guys Are Dumber than You Look" · "The Sounds of Jungle Love" · "I Should Be Carried on the Chariot-Type Thing!" · "That's Baked, Barbecued and Fried!" · "He's a Ball of Goo!" · "It Hit Everyone Pretty Hard" · "Like a Wide-Eyed Kid in the Candy Store" · "A Lost Puppy Dog" · "I'm in Such a Hot Pickle!" · "I Promise..." · "I'm Ruthless... and Have a Smile on My Face" · "I'm Gonna Fix Her!" · "If It Smells Like a Rat, Give It Cheese" · "Stir the Pot!" · "Reunion"