|"I Wanna See If I Can Make a Deal"|
|Episode Number:||13/15 (213)|
|Original Release:||May 10, 2007|
|Viewership (in millions):||13.77|
|Previous:||"A Smile, Velvet Gloves and a Dagger in My Pocket"|
|Next:||"You've Got That Puzzled Look"|
I Wanna See If I Can Make a Deal is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Fiji.
At the Reward Challenge, Yau-Man Chan wins a 2008 Ford Super Duty truck. He makes a deal with Dreamz Herd that if he gives the truck, Dreamz must give up Individual Immunity to Yau-Man at the Final Four Immunity Challenge if Dreamz wins it. Because of this Dreamz, wants to get rid of Yau-Man before the Immunity Challenge. Yau-Man then sends himself to Exile Island. Back at camp, Dreamz tells everyone to vote out Yau-Man, which everyone agrees to except Earl Cole, Yau-Man's long time ally.
After Boo Bernis won the Immunity Challenge, the tribe returns to camp where Yau-Man shares the clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol to his ally, Earl. Earl uses the clue to find the Hidden Immunity Idol in a hollow pine tree. At Tribal Council, Yau-Man plays his own Hidden Immunity Idol, resulting in everyone's votes against him to not count, and instead Stacy Kimball is sent home due to Yau-Man and Earl voting against her.
Challenge: Keep On Truckin / An Axe to Grind
The challenge consisted of two parts:
- Team Reward: Harnessed together in teams of three, the final six must cross three individual seesaws (with each team member going over the three different-sized seesaws in a different order) without falling, crawl through a net maze, dig up a hatchet buried somewhere in a sandpit, unwrap it, and chop through a rope.
- Individual Reward: The winning team must throw hatchets at a wall to break two crisscrossing ropes, making a set of truck keys catapult into the air.
Reward: The winning team will take a truck full of school supplies to a local school and donate all of them, including a portable office. In return, the school will give them a picnic. In addition, they will get the chance to compete for a new truck (2008 Ford Super Duty).
Winners: Orange Team (Boo Bernis, Stacy Kimball, and Yau-Man Chan) (Yau-Man also won a new truck, then gave his reward to Dreamz Herd, and exiled himself)
Challenge: Grapple Perch
Castaways use a rope-and-ball to snag a hoop and pull it to lower the balance beam in each round. First four move on to the second round, where it will happen all over again, first two move on to the final. For the final, they must cross the final beam, stand on a tiny perch, and use a grappling hook to retrieve a buoy, making a second buoy float.
Winner: Boo Bernis
| Tribal Council 13:|
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Boo, Cassandra, Dreamz, Stacy
(votes not counted)
Stacy (2 votes)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Stacy) Thanks for being a good sport. I'll see you when the whole game is over.||”|
|“||(voting for Yau-Man) If you're gonna make a deal like that, with all this Stacy yapping, I don't want her here, but you gotta get out of this game.||”|
|“||(voting for Stacy) Goodbye, Stacy. Sorry, it's your turn. Good luck.||”|
|“||(voting for Yau-Man) I enjoyed meeting you.||”|
|“||(voting for Yau-Man) Sorry I had to put your name down, but I think you're the biggest threat at this point.||”|
|“||(voting for Yau-Man) Sorry, bro', that's how the game goes.||”|
|“||Tonight I gambled, hoping that Yau-Man wouldn't pull out the Immunity Idol, which he did. I was out-voted. I don't think I have ever been tested in many different ways. Making it 36 days is a big accomplishment. I hope that I have made my friends and family proud. I did my personal best and definitely walk away with a big smile.||”|
Still in the Running
- This episode marked the first time that the winner of a Reward Challenge sent oneself to Exile Island.
- This was made possible due to the deal made between Dreamz Herd and Yau-Man Chan, in which Yau-Man gave up his portion of the reward to Dreamz. As Dreamz went on the reward, Yau-Man was forced to choose who to send to Exile Island between Cassandra Franklin, Earl Cole, and himself, ultimately choosing to exile himself.
- This is the first time that votes are negated due to a Hidden Immunity Idol.
- This episode made Stacy Kimball the first person voted out from a direct result of a Hidden Immunity Idol.
- Discounting seasons with a three-person finale, This also marks the first time that only one person has had valid votes count against them in a Tribal Council.