|"Hungry for a Win"|
|Original Release:||October 8, 2009|
|Viewership (in millions):||11.69|
|Previous:||"It's Called a Russell Seed"|
|Next:||"Walking on Thin Ice"|
Hungry for a Win is the fourth episode of Survivor: Samoa.
Challenge: Bocce In A Box
Three castaways from each tribe would play a game similar to bocce. A flag would be placed in the center of a circle. The castaways would take turns tossing three balls each at the flag. The tribe who throws a ball closest to the flag would win.
Reward: Three chickens.
Challenge: Well Stacked
The castaways would race across a net run carrying wooden blocks to a platform. When all of the blocks were at the platform, they would need to be stacked into a tower. The castways would then cross a rope bridge to a second platform where two nets would be tied together holding more wooden blocks. After the nets were untied, the blocks would have to be stacked into another tower. The first tribe to stack both towers would win.
Winner: Foa Foa
| Tribal Council 4:|
Yasmin (8 votes)
Brett, Dave, Erik, John, Kelly, Laura, Monica, Russell S.
Monica (2 votes)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||I don't feel like you have carried your weight around camp, despite what you say.||”|
|“||I personally feel like I'm such a strong competitor that, had I made it to the end, it would have been really hard not to vote for me. These people are going to start to scramble, because they're not being true to themselves; they're tiptoeing around each other. They're full of crap. It's just crazy, but you know what? If that's the type of company I have to keep, I'm happy to be going.||”|
Still in the Running
- This week's Reward Challenge marked the first time that Jeff Probst did not officiate a challenge, as the contestants conducted the challenge themselves, which in the future would be called a Do-It-Yourself Challenge.
- This is the first time that only players who are competing in a challenge are present, with the sit-outs back at camp, absent from the challenge venue.
- There was no observer selected from Galu in this episode.
- This episode is the 250th regular episode in Survivor history.
- The three Foa Foa members who participated in the Reward Challenge would eventually make up the final three.
- The episode title was said by Jaison Robinson in his reflection after Foa Foa loses the Reward Challenge.
|Survivor: Samoa Episodes|
"The Puppet Master" · "Taking Candy from a Baby" · "It's Called a Russell Seed" · "Hungry for a Win" · "Walking on Thin Ice" · "This Is the Man Test" · "Houdini Magic" · "All Hell Breaks Loose" · "Tastes Like Chicken" · "The Day of Reckoning" · "The First 27 Days" · "Off with Their Heads!" · "Damage Control" · "Two Brains Are Better than One" · "This Game Ain't Over"