|"Holding On for Dear Life"|
Rodney feels depressed on his 25th birthday.
|Episode Number:||12/14 (425)|
|Original Release:||May 6, 2015|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.22|
|Previous:||“Survivor Russian Roulette”|
|Next:||“My Word Is My Bond”|
Holding On for Dear Life is the twelfth episode of Survivor: Worlds Apart.
Challenge: Dulcimer Stomp
The teams would begin by unspooling ribbons from a pole to release a key. Once they have the key, they would build a ladder to climb to the top and use that key to release a bag of balls. They would then make their way through a net sling to the finish, where they would attempt to land those balls in a serious of targets. The first team to get one ball in each of the five targets wins reward.
Reward: Delivering supplies to an orphanage and a feast.
Winners: Red Team
|Reward Challenge: Dulcimer Stomp|
Carolyn, Mike, & Sierra
Dan, Rodney, & Tyler
Challenge: Back Splash
Each person have to balance on a very small perch, while leaning back holding onto a rope. Every five minutes, they will move further down the rope, which makes it more difficult. When they cannot hold on any longer, they will drop in the water and be out of the challenge. The last person left standing wins Immunity.
Winner: Carolyn Rivera
|Immunity Challenge: Back Splash|
| Tribal Council 12:|
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Dan, Rodney, Tyler, & Will
(votes not counted)
Tyler (3 votes)
Carolyn, Mike, & Sierra
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Mike) You have no idea how much this breaks my heart.||”|
|“||(voting for Tyler) I've been trying to get you out of this game for a long time now.||”|
|“||What can I say? Um, I left it all on the field, so to speak. My tactics to go after Dan tonight were right, it's just that the rest of the group didn't really follow suit. I had a blast. I-I regret nothing that I did. Everything that I did was to my full potential. It's just difficult to get ahead in this game if you're not winning challenges and unfortunately, I came up a little short today.||”|
Still in the Running
| || || |
| || || || || |
| || || || || || |
Behind the Scenes
- Day 30 was Rodney Lavoie Jr.'s 25th birthday.
- With Tyler Fredrickson's elimination, Carolyn Rivera is the last remaining original Masaya member.
- This also means that all males from the Masaya tribe have been eliminated.
- After the episode, it was revealed that the audience would be able to select the castaways for the next season.
- This episode was the only time that Mike gotten votes against him.
- The episode title was said by Jeff Probst during the Immunity Challenge Back Splash regarding the strategy that should be employed to win it.
- This made it the second time in a row where Jeff was the one who named the episode title.
|Survivor: Worlds Apart Episodes|
“It's Survivor Warfare” · “It Will Be My Revenge” · “Crazy Is as Crazy Does” · “Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner” · “We're Finally Playing Some Survivor” · “Odd Woman Out” · “The Line Will Be Drawn Tonight” · “Keep It Real” · “Livin' on the Edge” · “Bring the Popcorn” · “Survivor Russian Roulette” · “Holding On for Dear Life” · “My Word Is My Bond” · “It's a Fickle, Fickle Game”