Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Hell Hath Frozen Over"|
|Abi wins immunity, much to the dismay of her competitors.|
|Episode Number:||11/14 (354)|
|Original Release:||November 28, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||10.37|
|Previous:||"Whiners Are Wieners"|
|Next:||"Shot into Smithereens"|
Hell Hath Frozen Over is the eleventh episode of Survivor: Philippines.
After Pete is eliminated, Abi is the last remaining loyal member of the Tandang Alliance, thus making her the next target of the majority alliance.
Instead of a Reward Challenge, a Survivor Auction was held.
Abi wins immunity with her advantage from the Survivor Auction. This makes Penner the next target due to him rejecting Lisa's final four deal earlier, saying "It's too early to be making deals like that". At Tribal Council, Penner manages to get Carter and Abi to vote against Denise, but his plan comes up one vote short of the majority and he is sent home.
Challenge: Survivor Auction
|Reward Challenge: Survivor Auction|
Abi-Maria, Carter, Denise, Jonathan, Lisa, Malcolm, & Michael
|Pancakes with Bacon and Orange Juice||$500|
|Cheese, Crackers and Wine||$500|
|Donuts and Iced Coffee||$200|
|Covered Item (Fried Chicken and Fries)||$100|
| Covered Item (Loaded Baked Potato)|
Offered chance to trade the baked potato for a bag of Beans & Rice for the tribe.
Carter took the Beans & Rice.
|Covered Item (Submarine Sandwich)||$320|
|Advantage in the Next Immunity Challenge||$500|
|Covered Item (Veal Shanks for the Whole Tribe)||$200|
Challenge: Brains and Brawn
Castaways are attached to a rope, which is threaded to a hitching rail. The first five to complete this part move on Part 2. Part 2 consists of the castaways attached to another rope, while navigating through bamboo poles. The first two to complete this part move on to the final round. The final round consists of untying a series of rope gates, while navigating through a multi-level obstacle course. The first person to complete this will win Immunity.
Added Stipulations: Before each part, the castaways are asked a trivia question about the Philippines. If they answer incorrectly, 5% of their body weight is added, with the amount of added body weight increasing with each round.
As part of Abi's advantage received at the Survivor Auction, she would sit out during the first two parts of the Immunity Challenge and be allowed to compete in the final part.
Winner: Abi-Maria Gomes
|Immunity Challenge: Brains and Brawn|
Carter & Jonathan
Denise, Malcolm, & Michael
| Tribal Council 11:|
Jonathan (4 votes)
Denise, Lisa, Malcolm, & Michael
Denise (3 votes)
Abi-Maria, Carter, & Jonathan
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Denise) I hope you go home tonight. Look who's judging you now.||”|
|“||(voting for Denise) DENISE!||”|
|“||My strategy once again has failed. I'm very, very disappointed in myself for not doing better, but I guess that's the way Survivor crumbles. I've spent six years of my life with Survivor, I'm one of the lucky few that's played three times, and it's been fun and extremely painful.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind The Scenes
Life at Ponderosa
At Ponderosa, Jonathan is welcomed by R.C., who gives him a bottle of beer as a welcoming gift. R.C. admits that she would vote for him had he made it to final three. R.C. speaks about the lack of bonding between the jurors at Ponderosa, and Penner might be the one who can "spice it up." During his post-game weigh-in, Jonathan discovers he lost 24 lbs (from 209.2 lbs. to 185.2 lbs.) after 30 days in the Philippines. Pete is delighted to have a drinking partner in Jonathan, since none of the other jurors drink alcohol.
The next day, R.C. continues to release her cooped up emotions at her former Tandang tribemates, Artis and Pete. R.C. states that with Dr. Tara's (the in-house psychologist) intervention, and Penner's past Survivor experiences, the tensions lessen. Later that day, R.C. plays boardgames with Artis and the rest of the jurors.
- After this episode, with Jonathan Penner's elimination, Carter Williams is the last original member of Kalabaw remaining.
- This marks the first time in the game that Matsing has had more members remaining than a different rival tribe.
- After this episode, Michael Skupin is the only remaining returning player left in the game.
- At the Immunity Challenge, Jeff Probst asked a question before each round:
- Question #1: How many islands does the Philippines have?
- Answer: Greater than 5,000 (more specifically, 7,107 islands)
- Question #2: The Philippines is the largest importer of which of the following?
- Choices: Corn, Rice, Coffee, Sugar
- Answer: Rice
- Question #3: Which of the following animals is the most venomous in the Philippines?
- Choices: Scorpion, King Cobra, Tarantula, Tree Frog
- Answer: King Cobra
- The person who got the advantage during the auction must answer Question # 3 before participating in the course of the last round.
- Question #1: How many islands does the Philippines have?
- Everyone at Tribal Council heard Jonathan's confessional due to him saying it as loud as he could.
- Before he voted, he shouted "Denise!" which caused much laughter among the remaining contestants, including said contestant Denise Stapley.
- Malcolm states the title during a confessional talking about Abi winning immunity.
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
"Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops" · "Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights" · "This Isn't a 'We' Game" · "Create a Little Chaos" · "Got My Swag Back" · "Down and Dirty" · "Not the Only Actor on This Island" · "Dead Man Walking" · "Little Miss Perfect" · "Whiners Are Wieners" · "Hell Hath Frozen Over" · "Shot into Smithereens" · "Gouge My Eyes Out" · "Million Dollar Question"