|Born:||February 24, 1992|
|Hometown:||West Hollywood, California|
|Millennials vs. Gen X|
|Alliance(s):||David's Vinaka Alliance|
Hannah Shapiro is a contestant from Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X.
Initially starting off as a neurotic player, Hannah quickly gained her footing in the game and managed to solidify herself as one of the driving forces of the season. She was able to join the majority alliance during the merge and was able to secure a seat at Final Tribal Council. Ultimately, the jury felt that her unwillingness to take out David Wright and her erratic gameplay were lacking to her ally's, Adam Klein, and she lost unanimously.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Hannah Shapiro
Current residence: West Hollywood, CA
Tribe designation: Vanua (Millennials)
Three words to describe you: Nerdy, competitive, and weird.
Hobbies: Skiing, scuba diving, eating, plus I can hula-hoop and walk at the same time.
Pet peeves: Someone who likes to kill people. Not sure why, that's just such a pet peeve of mine! Also, people who stick their gum on public benches or fart in small elevators.
What does it mean to be a Millennial? Being a Millennial means being hip, cool, nifty and totally rad. Go young people! No, I'm not secretly an 80-year-old neurotic Jewish lady. I don't know what you're talking about.
Personal claim to fame: I was Ben Franklin in my eighth-grade production of 1776. I sang out of tune, people clapped, and it was an electric moment of fame.
Inspiration in life: My mother. She has super-human levels of toughness. I cry when I bump my arm into something too hard, when an authority figure yells at me, or if I see a video of a cat being tickled. My mom is the opposite. She is a freakin' warrior and I'm her odd, terrified child.
If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 1. A journal: One with an old school lock on it that says "KEEP OUT" on the front. That way, I could write to stay sane and nobody would read what I wrote because there's a "KEEP OUT" sign on it. 2. An old buff I bought: I did a two-week rafting trip a while back to see if I could handle Survivor because I had never camped before. 3. An old-timey compass: People would be, like, she must be hip! Just look at that old-timey compass.
Survivor contestant you're most like: I'm a big John Cochran (South Pacific, Caramoan) fan. He used his humor and fish out of water-ness to control the game without seeming threatening. Cochran had a buff collection and wrote a paper on Survivor at Harvard Law School. I wrote my college common application essay about wanting to be on Survivor, so I can relate to his super fan-ness; plus, we were both obviously super cool in middle school.
Reason for being on Survivor: I've been a fan of Survivor since I was 14. My friend and I would throw Survivor parties where we would eat worms and dirt (aka gummy worms and Oreos), while the castaways starved, and fancy food when they won Reward Challenges. Simply stated, being a Survivor contestant has been a dream of mine forever. Plus, I like the idea that 14-year-old me would find 24-year-old me cool.
Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor? I probably won't. I've tripped walking down a sidewalk, so imagine that person in the wilderness.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Hannah's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Vanua Tribe Immune|
|3||Vanua Tribe Immune|
|4||Vanua Tribe Immune|
|5||Ikabula Tribe Immune|
|6||Ikabula Tribe Immune|
| Bret, Jay,|
Sunday, Will, Zeke;
| Jury Votes|
|Co-Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In Million Dollar Gamble (Part 2), the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Hannah and Zeke, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a rock drawing tiebreaker. Hannah was immune from the tiebreaker.
^2 In About to Have a Rumble, Adam used a Hidden Immunity Idol on Hannah, negating 4 votes against her.
- Hannah, along with Hayden Moss and Tony Vlachos, appeared on the debut episode of Beyond the Buff, a Facebook live series which discusses the episode of Survivor which aired the previous day.
- On May 10, 2017, Hannah, along with Abi-Maria Gomes, appeared on an episode of Pen Fan Forum which is hosted by Andrea Boehlke to discuss the twelfth episode of Survivor: Game Changers.
- Hannah took a Survivor college class taught by Max Dawson.
- Hannah is the highest ranking female to compete on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X.
- Hannah placed 14th in TV Guide's "20 Best Performances of 2016".
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HannahLilNessen/status/835175784536952832
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215466/
- ↑ http://d.pr/v/CvTO
- ↑ https://twitter.com/andreaboehlke/status/862373395136217088
- ↑ http://parade.com/501925/joshwigler/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-hannah-shapiro/
- ↑ https://www.tvguide.com/special/best-of-the-year/gallery/20-best-tv-performances-2016-best-of-the-year/photo/3c5ec698-1d41-4a04-956c-37b3411977bd/
|Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X Castaways|