Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Namesake:||A town in Caramoan, Camarines Sur|
|Tribe Type:||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Bikal on Day 20|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Allie Pohevitz (19/20)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Sherri Biethman (Co-Runner-Up)|
Their tribe color is orange, like the original Fans tribe.
- Allie Pohevitz, a bartender from Oceanside, New York.
- Eddie Fox, a fireman and E.M.T from East Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Hope Driskill, a pre-law student from Jefferson City, Missouri.
- Julia Landauer, a racecar driver from Stanford, California.
- Laura Alexander, an administrative officer from Washington, D.C.
- Matt Bischoff, a BMX bike salesman from Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Michael Snow, an event planner from New York City, New York.
- Reynold Toepfer, a real estate salesman from San Francisco, California.
- Shamar Thomas, an Iraq War veteran from Brooklyn, New York.
- Sherri Biethman, a fast food franchisee from Boise, Idaho.
- ►» Andrea Boehlke, from Redemption Island, notable for being the first woman to win and return from Redemption Island.
- ►» Brenda Lowe, from Nicaragua, remembered for being a strategic power player from her original season who was betrayed by her own alliance.
- ► Eddie Fox
- ►» Erik Reichenbach, from Micronesia, best known for giving up his Immunity Necklace to the infamous Black Widow Brigade and getting blindsided as a result.
- ►» Malcolm Freberg, from Philippines, remembered for being the fan favorite "Golden Boy" who rose from the decimated Matsing tribe and developed into a threat for the win.
- ► Reynold Toepfer
- ► Sherri Biethman
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- It is the second orange Fans tribe, after Airai from Survivor: Micronesia
- The town of Gota is one of the main attractions of the Caramoan National Park, the filming location of both Survivor: Philippines and Survivor: Caramoan. During World War II, Gota was known to be a gold-mining community.
- The town of Gota and Bikal (town that the rival tribe is named after) are eastern and western respectively from each other.
- Gota, along with its rival tribe Bikal, are the first starting tribes to never have its name appear in the opening sequence. Instead, "Fans" and "Favorites" were used to refer them.
- Gota is the second tribe to experience a three-way tie on a Tribal Council, following Zapatera from Survivor: Redemption Island.
- Unlike Airai, which had an equal number of Fans and Favorites post-Tribe Switch, post-switch Gota had more Favorites than Fans.
- Gota is the first tribe to win the same challenge twice. The first was on episode 5, when the Favorites/Bikal gave the Fans/Gota immunity before the challenge and the second was on episode 6, when the new Gota tribe won the challenge, presumably intended to be used in episode 5.
- Gota is the third tribe to receive immunity from the other tribe, following Ravu and Salani.
- Gota is the first Fans tribe to have a finalist in the Final Tribal Council.
- On Survivor Oz, Gota was ranked as one of the most dysfunctional tribes in Survivor history. They ranked fourth with only Ravu, Maraamu, and Ulong ahead of them.
- Gota lived on Catanawan Island, the same island that Matsing and Tandang lived on during Survivor: Philippines.