|"Go Out with a Bang"|
|Episode Number:||9/15 (361)|
|Original Release:||April 11, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.91|
|Previous:||"Just Annihilate Them"|
|Next:||"I'm No Dummy"|
Go Out with a Bang is the ninth episode of Survivor: One World.
Challenge: D.I.Y. Ladder Tree Golf
In a DIY challenge, the Tikiano tribe will be divided into two teams, the red team and the black team. Teams must toss bolas to a pegged pole with numbers, which corresponds to a certain number of points (from one to six). After all members have thrown bolas, the team with the higher tabulated score wins.
Reward: A barbecue feast on another island
Winner: Red Team
Challenge: When It Rains, It Pours
Castaways will be standing barefoot on a small wooden perch, while one of their hands will be chained to an overhead bucket of water. If the contestant moved enough, the bucket will drop water, dousing the player, eliminating him or her. At random points during the challenge, Jeff Probst would tempt the castaways with food items. The last person standing wins immunity.
Winner: Chelsea Meissner
| Tribal Council 9:|
Jay (5 votes)
Alicia, Christina, Kim, Sabrina, Tarzan
Alicia (2 votes)
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
(votes not counted)
Kim (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Alicia) I told you not to step down.||”|
|“||(voting for Kim) Sorry, Kim. You were the strongest player. Had to see you go.||”|
|“||(voting for Troyzan) I really don't want to do this but I don't have a choice. I love you, monkey man.||”|
|“||That's the game for you. You never know what's going to happen out here, you can never tell exactly who's telling the truth. You make the best decisions based on what you know, go with your gut as best as possible. I had a great time and wouldn't trade it for the world. I tried to play this game as honest as possible, and now I'm on the sidelines. I had an eerie feeling coming in here tonight, but I definitely didn't really see myself going home. Congrats girls, y'all got me.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind The Scenes
- Jay Byars revealed that he struggled at the Immunity Challenge because he had sores, broken bones and wrist.
- The next day, after gaining 9 lbs. since he arrived at Ponderosa, Jonas revealed he lost 2 lbs after working out.
- Alicia showed her disdain for how she bailed out at the Immunity Challenge over a bowl of candy.
Life at Ponderosa
When Jay had his medical, his post-game weigh-in was 164.7 lbs. and he lost around 30 lbs. Upon arriving at Ponderosa, Jay was greeted by Mike and Jonas, who welcomed him with a chocolate cupcake. Jay then gave them the lowdown of how the vote came to be. The three jury members speculate that Troyzan Robertson is next to go. Before taking a bath, Jay was privately approached by Michael, who asked him if he voted for him at the previous Tribal Council. Jay sheepishly confirmed it.
- Even after Leif Manson opted out of the challenge for food, he still shared his food with Chelsea Meissner.
- This episode has the second Do-It-Yourself Challenge of the season, following the Reward Challenge from "Total Dysfunction".
- The Immunity Challenge is the same challenge used in "Will There Be a Feast Tonight?", "Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People", "I Promise...", and "A Sinking Ship".
- Tarzan Smith is the only person to vote for someone of the same gender this episode.
|Survivor: One World Episodes|
"Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" · "Total Dysfunction" · "One World Is Out the Window" · "Bum-Puzzled" · "A Bunch of Idiots" · "Thanks for the Souvenir" · "The Beauty in a Merge" · "Just Annihilate Them" · "Go Out with a Bang" · "I'm No Dummy" · "Never Say Die" · "It's Gonna Be Chaos" · "It's Human Nature" · "Perception Is Not Always Reality" · "Reunion"