Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Namesake:||Samoan word meaning "Ocean Wave"|
|Tribe Type:||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s):||Foa Foa|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Foa Foa on Day 19|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Yasmin Giles (16/20)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Brett Clouser (4/20)|
Challenge-wise, Galu was the stronger of the two tribes on Samoa, winning eight of the ten tribal challenges, in part because of Russell Swan's leadership. However, after the merge, tribal conflicts erupted, and Russell Hantz's gameplay emerged, causing its members to be eliminated in an almost consecutive order.
- Brett Clouser, a T-Shirt designer from Los Angeles, California.
- Dave Ball, a fitness instructor from Los Angeles, California.
- Erik Cardona, a bartender from Ontario, California.
- John Fincher, a rocket scientist from Los Angeles, California.
- Kelly Sharbaugh, a hairstylist from Los Angeles, California.
- Laura Morett, an office manager from Salem, Oregon.
- Monica Padilla, a law student from San Diego, California.
- Russell Swan, an attorney from Glenside, Pennsylvania.
- Shambo Waters, a former Marine from Renton, Washington.
- Yasmin Giles, a hairstylist from Detroit, Michigan.
On the first day of the competition, the ten members of Galu were instructed to vote (based solely on first impressions) for a leader. They chose Russell Swan, who did not choose wisely in the first Reward Challenge. However, this was merely a speed bump on Galu's road to pre-merge domination, which became clear when the first eight days saw the tribe immune from the first few votes.
Whilst the tribe enjoyed early success, there were clear factions within the group. The girls' alliance of Laura Morett, Monica Padilla, and Kelly Sharbaugh and the mens' alliance of Erik Cardona, Russell Swan, Dave Ball, John Fincher, and Brett Clouser left Shambo Waters a sitting duck.
After their first Tribal Council and the elimination of Yasmin on Day 11, Galu remained a force to be reckoned with in terms of challenge performance. However, Russell S. began to show signs of struggling at a Reward Challenge which led to his eventual evacuation. Jeff Probst instructed that the tribe elect a new leader. Erik took this opportunity to bring Shambo into the alliance and make her the leader in order to control her later down the line. Her reign as leader was short-lived and the majority of the time scrutinized as the decisions she wanted were regularly rejected straight away (one incident regarding who would be making decisions at a Reward Challenge).
- Galu ties with Sook Jai for the longest elimination streak of an original tribe, with seven of its members being eliminated consecutively.
- Coincidentally, both tribes are purple.
- Galu is the fourth starting tribe to secure all but one seat on the jury, following Rotu, Koror, and Timbira.
- Despite Galu falling apart at the merge, it was voted the sixth best tribe in Survivor History by Survivor Oz.