|Birth Date||November 3, 1973|
|Hometown|| Washington D.C.;|
Brooklyn, New York
She earned the distinction of being the first player ever voted out and sent to Redemption Island, later becoming the first person ever eliminated from Redemption Island. In Caramoan, she became the first returning player who was voted out first in her previous season, as well as the first player to be voted out first in multiple seasons.
Name (Age): Francesca Hogi (36)
Tribe Designation: Ometepe
Current Residence: Washington, DC
Personal Claim to Fame: Assembling the most amazing set of friends.
Inspiration in Life: My mom. She's been through so much in her life, starting with picking cotton while growing up in segregated Alabama. She is brilliant, beautiful and an all-around incredible person.
Hobbies: Writing, yoga and watching movies.
Pet Peeves: Self-delusion.
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, opinionated and stubborn.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I would most likely be a Cirie/Boston Rob combo.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I'm normally competitive for no good reason - $1 million is a great excuse.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I'm book-smart, street-smart and can be pretty persuasive when necessary.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I might be the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
Name (Age): Francesca Hogi (38)
Tribe Designation: Bikal
Previous Season: Survivor: Redemption Island – 1st castaway voted out
Current Residence: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Personal Claim to Fame: I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Inspiration in Life: My Mom. She is smart, strong, caring and fearless.
Hobbies: Traveling, yoga and watching movies.
Pet Peeves: Liars, delusional people who only think about themselves and all around inconsiderate people make me crazy!
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, outgoing and honest.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) iPod - Nothing tunes out the chatter like music! 2) Floss - Food stuck in my teeth makes me crazy. 3) Air mattress - No one should have to sleep on bug infested bamboo.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: The most awesome contestant you can think of who went out early.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Two reasons - money and redemption.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I'm strong. Also, not afraid of snakes or spiders.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m tenacious.
Survivor: Redemption IslandEdit
Francesca was placed on the Ometepe tribe at the start of the season. Upon revealing Survivor super-villains Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz as players on Day 1, Francesca immediately expressed her distaste, outright stating that they are "troublemakers." Francesca initially made an alliance with Phillip Sheppard and Kristina Kell, the latter of whom found the Hidden Immunity Idol. However, early cracks in the alliance began to form when Francesca grew annoyed with Phillip's talkative personality.
After Ometepe's loss at the inaugural Immunity Challenge, Natalie Tenerelli became Francesca's alliance first target for elimination. However at Tribal Council, Phillip went double-agent by telling Rob about Kristina's idol, putting Kristina and Francesca in particular trouble. Despite Kristina being deemed as untrustworthy, it was Francesca who got eliminated from Ometepe in a 4-3-2 vote.
Upon her elimination, she was sent to Redemption Island where she received meager supplies and food, while waiting for her opponent in the upcoming Redemption Island Duel. The opponent turned out to be fellow Ometepe tribemate Matt Elrod. At the first duel, Francesca initially gained an early lead, but Matt managed to catch up, winning the duel. With this, Francesca was the first player permanently eliminated from the game.
|Francesca's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Phillip|| Grant, Matthew,|
|Voted Off, Day 3|
|2||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 6|
Along with nine other favorites, Francesca was placed on the Bikal tribe. She initially aligned with Brenda Lowe, Erik Reichenbach, and Brandon Hantz. After aligning with them, she apologized to Phillip Sheppard about their rivalry in Redemption Island. Phillip later explained that he will let Francesca be herself and go her own way, despite still being annoyed by her.
After Bikal lost the Day 3 Immunity Challenge, people negotiated over who to send home. All of Francesca's alliance wanted to send home her fellow Redemption Island contestant Andrea Boehlke, while the other six Bikal members who hadn't aligned with Francesca wanted to send her home. At Tribal Council, each side of Bikal stated their points including Phillip, who randomly spoke her name angrily three times, proving he actually could pronounce it now. Ultimately, the other Bikal members voted out Francesca 6-4.
|Statistics of Francesca Hogi|
|Total number of days||9|
|Total votes received||10|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||3|
|Francesca's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Andrea|| Andrea, Cochran, Corinne,|
Dawn, Malcolm, Phillip
|Voted Off, Day 3|
- Francesca is the only contestant to be eliminated first on two different seasons.
- She, Russell Swan and Colton Cumbie are the only returning players to never reach the Merge/Jury stage of the game.
- She appeared in only three episodes of her original season, and two episodes of both seasons combined - less than any other returnee.
- Rob Cesternino called Francesca's negative achievement the "Anti-Sandra", referencing Sandra Diaz-Twine's two season wins, being the winner of Survivor: Pearl Islands and Survivor: Heroes vs Villains.
- Francesca is the first person to be voted out and sent to Redemption Island. That also means that she is the first person to be voted out with the knowledge that they could return to the game (the first person to be voted out, but not eliminated is Nicole Delma on Survivor: Pearl Islands, however, nobody knew at the time about the Outcasts twist).
- Francesca was the only favorite from Caramoan to be voted out during tribal council before the merge. Brandon Hantz, the only other favorite not to make the merge, was voted out during an impromptu tribal council during a challenge.
- On their first meeting of Survivor: Caramoan, Erik Reichenbach thought that she was NaOnka Mixon.
- Francesca is the first person to lose a duel on Redemption Island.
- Francesca is the fifth of 9 contestants to be voted out by a plurality (i.e. voted out with less than half of the total counted votes). The others are: Gretchen Cordy, Bobby Mason, Brendan Synnott, Jill Behm, Christine Shields Markoski, Elyse Umemoto, Leif Manson and Andrea Boehlke.
- Francesca is one of eight castaways (the others being Rob Mariano, Shii Ann Huang, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Russell Swan, Michael Skupin, Colton Cumbie, and Monica Culpepper) that returned for a second season despite not reaching the Jury stage on their original season. Of all eight she lasted the shortest in amount of days.
- Francesca beat Russell Swan's infamous record of the least days spent in the game by a returning player, only lasting nine days over two seasons, three of which she spent on Redemption Island.
- Francesca, Russell Swan, Tom Westman and Colton Cumbie are the only returning castaways to be affiliated with only two tribes.
- Francesca is the only returning player to never have successfully voted somebody out.
- On both of Francesca's seasons the starting tribes were colored purple and orange.
- Francesca is the only contestant that has returned who's name starts with an "F"
- Francesca shares her birthday with Brenda Lowe
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: Redemption Island Castaways|
|Survivor: Caramoan Castaways|
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Sardinia!