|The Final Three of Survivor: Caramoan.|
|Description||The three final castaways who plead their cases to the Jury to win the game|
|Appearance(s)|| Cook Islands|
Heroes vs Villains
Blood vs Water
The Final Three are three remaining contestants on Day 39 that are present at the Final Tribal Council to plead their case for the title of Sole Survivor. This is currently the only alternative format of the Final Two.
Introduced during the events of Survivor: Cook Islands, Jeff Probst later explained that the reason behind adopting this end game scenario would be to prevent a strong, well-liked individual face off against a less respected individual.
Whilst fan reaction to the change has been received mostly positively, several castaways have adopted taking two other castaways to the end with them who have not done as much or were obnoxious which in turn has coined a player who fits this mold as a "goat". It is also very common that only two of the three castaways in a Final Three to receive votes.
This format has been increasingly common and has been seen in thirteen seasons. A Final Three with a 9-person Jury started in Survivor: Cook Islands and continued through Survivor: Fiji. This configuration has also been seen in six subsequent seasons, spanning from Survivor: Samoa through to Survivor: One World totaling 8 seasons, making it the most common configuration for a Final Three. A Final Three with a 7-person Jury was seen in Survivor: China and Survivor: Gabon, while a Final Three with an 8-person Jury was featured in seasons spanning from Survivor: Philippines to Survivor: Blood vs Water.
- In seasons with a Final Three, the number of Sole Survivors based on the gender of the losing finalists have been:
- Against both of the opposite gender, five (Todd Herzog, Bob Crowley, Natalie White, Sophie Clarke and John Cochran)
- Against both of the same gender, two (Fabio Birza and Kim Spradlin).
- Against both of different genders, six (Yul Kwon, Earl Cole, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Rob Mariano, Denise Stapley and Tyson Apostol).
- Survivor: China and Survivor: Philippines were the only seasons whose respective Final Threes all received votes.
- Coincidentally, both seasons are the only seasons with a Final Three that have a Final Four Reward Challenge and whose final episode only has one elimination.
- However, Survivor: Caramoan featured a Final Three that also had a Final Four Reward Challenge, but featured a medical evacuation and a regular elimination.
- Survivor: One World is the only season to have the Final Three comprised of only women.
- Survivor: Nicaragua is the only season to have the Final Three comprised of only men.
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Timor!