|Namesake:||Fang, a Beti-Pahuin ethnic subgroup|
|Tribe Type:||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Kota on Day 27|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Michelle Chase (18/18)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Susie Smith (Runner-Up)|
Fang was a tribe from Survivor: Gabon.
Fang was one of two tribes with 9 castaways that began in "Want to See the Elephant Dung?". The tribe was known for their extensive losing streak in challenges during the pre-merge portion of the game, but managed to rebound post-merge by systematically eliminating the rival Kota tribe members. Their tribe color is red.
- Crystal Cox, an Olympic champion from Durham, North Carolina.
- Dan Kay, an attorney from Boston, Massachusetts.
- G.C. Brown, a maintenance supervisor from Portland, Oregon.
- Gillian Larson, a nurse from Temecula, California.
- Ken Hoang, a professional gamer from Westminster, California.
- Matty Whitmore, a personal trainer from Pacific Palisades, California.
- Michelle Chase, a music assistant from Los Angeles, California.
- Randy Bailey, a wedding videographer from Eagle Rock, Missouri.
- Susie Smith, a hairdresser from Charles City, Iowa.
As Gabonese tradition dictates, the elders were given utmost respect. With this, the oldest cast members of both sexes will initiate a tribe-picking activity. The oldest female chose the members of Fang. The following castaways comprised the original Fang tribe, existing from Days 1-9 (In order of selection):
- Gillian picked Crystal;
- Crystal picked Susie;
- Susie picked Matty;
- Matty picked Randy;
- Randy picked Dan;
- Dan picked G.C.;
- G.C. picked Ken;
- Ken picked Michelle.
Post-First Tribe Switch
- ► Ace Gordon, a fashion photographer from Naples, Florida.
- ► Crystal Cox
- ► G.C. Brown
- ► Jacquie Berg, a medical saleswoman from Santa Barbara, California.
- ► Kelly Czarnecki, a student from Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- ► Ken Hoang
- ► Matty Whitmore
- ► Sugar Kiper, a pin-up model from Baton Rouge, Louisiana (Joined on Day 13).
The Schoolyard Pick to choose the tribe went as follows:
- Matty chose Ace;
- Ace chose Crystal;
- Crystal chose Jacquie;
- Jacquie chose Ken;
- Ken chose Kelly;
- Kelly chose G.C.;
- Sugar was sent to Exile Island and was put on Fang after the Day 12 Tribal Council.
Post-Second Tribe Switch
- ►► Charlie Herschel, a lawyer from New York City, New York.
- ►► Corinne Kaplan, a sales representative from Los Angeles, California.
- ►► Matty Whitmore
- ►► Randy Bailey
- ►► Sugar Kiper
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- From the beginning of the game until the second tribe switch, the tribe's name was pronounced as /fɑng/ (pronounced "fong"), but since the second switch, it was changed by Corinne Kaplan to /fæng/ (sounding like how "fang" is usually pronounced in American English), because she thought the original pronunciation was "tainted" due to its misfortunes.
- Matty Whitmore is the only original member of Fang to stay at Fang until the merge.
- Among all the red tribes in Survivor history, Fang fared the worst in challenges, winning only four of the season's thirteen tribal challenges.
- Fang, along with its rival Kota tribe, are the third and fourth tribes to have its tribe name originate from an actual tribe or ethnic group, following Survivor: Africa's Samburu and Boran tribes, which are also African-based tribes. Fang is the dominant language of the Bantu and is spoken by 32% of Gabon inhabitants.
- Fang, along with Kota, are the first two tribes to be a part of two full tribe switches.