|Namesake:||Fang, a Beti-Pahuin ethnic subgroup|
|Tribe Type:||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Kota on Day 27|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Michelle Chase (18/18)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Susie Smith (Runner-Up)|
Fang was one of two tribes with 9 castaways that began in "Want to See the Elephant Dung?". The tribe was known for their extensive losing streak in challenges during the pre-merge portion of the game, but managed to rebound post-merge by systematically eliminating the rival Kota tribe members. Their tribe color is red.
- Crystal Cox, an Olympic champion from Durham, North Carolina.
- Dan Kay, an attorney from Boston, Massachusetts.
- G.C. Brown, a maintenance supervisor from Portland, Oregon.
- Gillian Larson, a nurse from Temecula, California.
- Ken Hoang, a professional gamer from Westminster, California.
- Matty Whitmore, a personal trainer from Pacific Palisades, California.
- Michelle Chase, a music assistant from Los Angeles, California.
- Randy Bailey, a wedding videographer from Eagle Rock, Missouri.
- Susie Smith, a hairdresser from Charles City, Iowa.
As Gabonese tradition dictates, the elders were given utmost respect. With this, the oldest cast members of both sexes will initiate a tribe-picking activity. The oldest female chose the members of Fang. The following castaways comprised the original Fang tribe, existing from Days 1-9 (In order of selection):
- Gillian picked Crystal;
- Crystal picked Susie;
- Susie picked Matty;
- Matty picked Randy;
- Randy picked Dan;
- Dan picked G.C.;
- G.C. picked Ken;
- Ken picked Michelle.
Post-First Tribe Switch
- ► Ace Gordon, a fashion photographer from Naples, Florida.
- ► Crystal Cox
- ► G.C. Brown
- ► Jacquie Berg, a medical saleswoman from Santa Barbara, California.
- ► Kelly Czarnecki, a student from Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- ► Ken Hoang
- ► Matty Whitmore
- ► Sugar Kiper, a pin-up model from Baton Rouge, Louisiana (Joined on Day 13).
The Schoolyard Pick to choose the tribe went as follows:
- Matty chose Ace;
- Ace chose Crystal;
- Crystal chose Jacquie;
- Jacquie chose Ken;
- Ken chose Kelly;
- Kelly chose G.C.;
- Sugar was sent to Exile Island and was put on Fang after the Day 12 Tribal Council.
Post-Second Tribe Switch
- ►► Charlie Herschel, a lawyer from New York City, New York.
- ►► Corinne Kaplan, a sales representative from Los Angeles, California.
- ►► Matty Whitmore
- ►► Randy Bailey
- ►► Sugar Kiper
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- From the beginning of the game until the second Tribe Switch, the tribe's name was pronounced as /fɑng/ (pronounced "fong"), but after the second switch, it was changed by Corinne Kaplan to /fæng/ (sounding like how "fang" is usually pronounced in American English), because she thought the original pronunciation was "tainted" due to its misfortunes.
- Matty Whitmore is the only original member of Fang to stay on the tribe until the merge.
- Among all the red tribes in Survivor history, Fang fared the worst in challenges, winning only four of the season's thirteen tribal challenges.
- Fang, along with its rival Kota tribe, are the third and fourth tribes to have its tribe name originate from an actual tribe or ethnic group, following Africa's Boran and Samburu tribes, which are also African-based tribes. Fang is the dominant language of the Bantu and is spoken by 32% of Gabon inhabitants.
- Fang, along with Kota, are the first two tribes to be a part of two full tribe switches.