|"Exile Island (episode)"|
Janu is exiled from her tribe
|Episode Number||10/14 (138)|
|First Broadcast||April 21, 2005|
|Previous||I Will Not Give Up|
|Next||I'll Show You How Threatening I Am|
Exile Island is the tenth episode of Survivor: Palau.
Challenge: Water Tower
In teams of four, the castaways must take six individually shaped pieces of scaffolding into the water one at a time and assemble them to make a climbable tower. The members must then retrieve a pennant and swim back to shore.
Reward: Feast at village with local chief
Winners: Caryn Groedel, Gregg Carey, Janu Tornell and Tom Westman
Challenge: Last Gasp
The castaways would be in water under a set of bars. When the tide rises, it will become more difficult to breathe. Last person left wins immunity.
Additional Stipulation: The first person to bail will be banished to another island for one night.
Winner: Tom Westman
| Tribal Council 11:|
|“||I asked them to please let me go home and it didn't work so I made the last move. I decided to take myself out of the game. I guess I did make a major power play and I guess I did ruin their plans. Even though I laid down my torch, no one will ever be able to take away this unforgettable experience.||”|
Still in the RunningEdit
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || || || || || || || || |
- Janu became the first contestant to be sent to Exile Island
- This was the first season to do a version of Exile
- Janu became the first contestant to quit the game and be on the jury.
- Janu became the first contestant to quit the game and still give a final speech during the credits.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Exile Island. However, it would not become an official Survivor twist until Survivor: Panama.