|Birth Date||November 27, 1985|
|Hometown|| Pinckney, Michigan|
Santa Clarita, California
|Occupation|| Ice Cream Scooper|
Comic Book Artist
|Alliance(s)||Malakal Couples Alliance (affiliated)|
|Alliance(s)||Stealth R Us (affiliated)|
A fan of Survivor since the beginning, Erik was the third person to ever hand his individual immunity to another person. This move infamously backfired, as he was voted off after he did so. It was nominated as one of the "Dumbest Moments Ever." He returned to play again as a Favorite but was evacuated from the game minutes after the tribal council where Brenda Lowe was voted out.
Erik Reichenbach was born and raised in Pinckney, Michigan. He is currently in his senior year of studying art at Eastern Michigan University, and is a member of the college's track team. Reichenbach works at an ice cream parlor called "Screams" in Hell, Michigan, where he also designs t-shirts, hauls canoes and entertains his customers. He previously worked in landscaping, construction and as a freelance graphic designer.
Reichenbach's hobbies include drawing, writing comic books, rock-climbing and studying philosophy/religion. He describes himself as animated, earnest and familiar. He is very proud of his running accomplishments during his senior year of high school, where he set the school's 400 yard record (49.3 seconds), and being able to run in the Nike Outdoor Nationals in Carolina. Reichenbach is a member of the Eastern Michigan Cross Country and Track team, Pinckney Pirate Track and Field Alumni and a rock climbing club.
Reichenbach believes he'll go far on SURVIVOR because he is a good listener, entertaining, optimistic, athletic, a creative thinker and can easily be a leader or a follower.
Reichenbach is currently single and lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan, with his cats, Furrball and Kittyfizzle (K-Fizz for short). His birth date is November 27, 1985.
Name (Age): Erik Reichenbach (27)
Tribe Designation: Bikal, Gota, Enil Edam
Previous Season: Survivor: Micronesia – 13th castaway voted out/6th Jury Member
Current Residence: Santa Clarita, Calif.
Occupation: Comic Book Artist
Personal Claim to Fame: Survivor: Micronesia
Inspiration in Life: My Dad and my girlfriend, Dana.
Hobbies: Drawing, running and traveling.
Pet Peeves: Quiet or opinion-less people.
3 Words to Describe You: Easy going, humorous and original.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) Contacts – So I can see. 2) Acrylic Paint – To paint a “masterpiece” at tribal camp. 3) A deck of cards - to eliminate any boredom.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Ozzy Lusth – I am great at challenges too!
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To show everyone that I am really not dumb, and in actuality I am a smart, funny guy who just does things in a different way.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m physically strong and easily adapt to my surroundings.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I adapt to working with different personalities easily and I have enough of an understanding of the game to improvise if necessary.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Erik's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Airai Tribe Immune|
|3||Airai Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|7||No Tribal Council|
|12||No Tribal Council|
| ||Individual Immunity|
|13||Parvati|| Amanda, Cirie,|
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted for|
^1 In if It Smells Like a Rat, Give It Cheese, Erik had won Individual Immunity, but gave it to Natalie during Tribal Council.
|Statistics of Erik Reichenbach|
|Total number of days||72|
|Total votes received||9|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Erik was placed on the Favorites tribe of Bikal. His tribe won the first Reward Challenge but lost the first Immunity Challenge. At camp, he was angry on how Phillip Sheppard came up to him and said (though worded differently), "You can join us, but if you don't, we already have the numbers, anyway." He sided with Brandon Hantz, Brenda Lowe, and Francesca Hogi in the first Tribal Council, casting his vote for Andrea Boehlke, but since Francesca was voted off 6-4, Erik was left in the minority.
Thanks to Brandon's personality and being useful in challenges, Bikal won the next three Immunity Challenges, and after the Tribe Switch he switched to Gota. Luckily, everybody on Gota were great at challenges aside from Sherri Biethman. Gota won all of the challenges after the Tribe Switch.
Erik then entered the merge, and was now placed on Enil Edam. Erik's alliance became very successful. Erik won individual immunity on Day 33. Referencing his costly mistake in his first season, Jeff asked him if there's any chance Erik would give up immunity again at Tribal Council, to which Erik replied "I'm way too scared to do that again!". However, Erik did give Andrea the Hidden Immunity Idol after he found it (out of courtesy though, since the clue did belong to Andrea). Furthermore the idol put a target on Andrea back, setting her up to be blindsided, this time with Erik successfully voting her off after his unsuccessful attempt way back on Day 3. Nearing the end of the game, Erik started to feel extremely hungry, even attempting to climb an extremely tall tree to get coconuts. Tree Mail then came to say that their Loved Ones were coming, and Erik then began to feel more confident than before. Brenda then won the Loved Ones Challenge and chose Dawn Meehan to enjoy her Loved Ones time, however, since the game of Survivor is full of twists, two Loved Ones were coming and Brenda had to choose between Dawn and her or Erik and the rest of the tribe. However, Brenda chose Erik, Eddie, Cochran, and Sherri to have time spent with their Loved Ones. Because of this, Cochran, Sherri, and Dawn chose to blindside Brenda, but Erik stayed loyal to her and voted for Eddie.
After that night of Tribal Council, Erik began to feel lightheaded. After the medical team came and said Erik's blood pressure was too low, so he couldn't compete. After a sad elimination, Erik left the game finishing in the same place he ended up in his first season.
At the Final Tribal Council, Erik commented on how Sherri did not play the game well, and how all of the Jury members knew this. They began to argue over the case, so Erik just stopped. He asked Cochran why he smells so bad, but this was left unaired. Because of that, Erik gave his Jury vote to Cochran, just as all the other jurors did.
|Erik's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|3||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|4||No Tribal Council|
|Bikal Tribe Immune|
|6||Gota Tribe Immune|
|7||Gota Tribe Immune|
|14||No Tribal Council|
|Evacuated, Day 36|
| Voted for|
^1 In Come Over to the Dark Side, the vote ended with a 3-3-3 tie between Andrea, Malcolm and Reynold, forcing a revote. Erik did not change his vote at the revote.
- On January 9, 2010, Erik attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- At the Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Reunion Show, Erik was nominated for the Dumbest Move in Survivor History for giving up his Individual Immunity to Natalie Bolton, giving up his shot at the Final 4 and being voted out unanimously by the women's alliance. Erik lost to Heroes vs. Villains castaway J.T. Thomas for giving his Hidden Immunity Idol to Russell Hantz.
- In an interview with EW.com, Erik called the Caramoan live reunion show disrespectful, ridiculous, and "a farce," since he and half the jury were not given a chance to talk.
- Starting from Survivor: Blood vs. Water, Erik now works as a graphic designer, where he makes Survivor related caricatures.
- In October 2013, Erik got engaged to his girlfriend, Dana.
- They got married on August 22, 2014.
- Erik is currently creating a new app for Apple and Android users called "Islands of Chaos".
- Erik is one of 5 castaways to finish in the same position twice by placing 5th in both of his seasons. The others are James Clement, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Candice Woodcock and Jonathan Penner.
- Erik & Candice have finished in the same position on two different seasons with the same number of contestants (20).
- Erik & James were both voted out in their first season, and finished in the same place in their second season via medical evacuation.
- Erik & Sandra are the only ones to have reached the same number of days in every season they participated.
- Erik & Sandra are the only ones to have only competed twice. The others have all competed three times.
- Erik is also the only fan from Micronesia to be on all three tribes.
- Erik is the only castaway to compete on both Fans vs. Favorites seasons, and as of now the only castaway to be both a Fan and a Favorite.
- Erik is the first person to be voted out immediately after giving up Individual Immunity.
- In a recent interview, Jeff Probst stated him giving up his immunity was his 3rd favorite Tribal Council moment of all time.
- Erik is one of four castaways to give up Individual Immunity, and one of two (the other is Brandon Hantz) to give up immunity and be immediately voted out.
- Sandra Diaz-Twine stated that at the Day 36 Tribal Council of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains that she wanted to save Rupert Boneham by giving him her Hidden Immunity Idol, but she didn't want to "pull an Erik and get herself eliminated", referencing Erik's move from Micronesia that cost him the game.
- Erik was the youngest castaway on Micronesia.
- Erik was the last remaining male contestant in Micronesia.
- Erik won his first Individual Immunity Challenge on his 22nd birthday.
- Erik was the only Fan from the post-Switch Malakal to make the Merge.
- Erik is the first castaway to write a name vertically on the parchment when casting a vote.
- Phillip Sheppard named him The Silent One when he was inducted as an affiliate of Stealth R Us 2.0.
- Erik designed the tribe flags for both Dabu & Enil Edam.
- On both of Erik's seasons, he has been on a purple Favorites tribe, orange Fans tribe, and a green Merged tribe, due to the tribe colors on both Fans vs. Favorites seasons being identical.
- Erik holds the record for the latest medical evacuation in a season, being evacuated on Day 36 in Survivor: Caramoan.
- Erik ties with John Cochran for the most challenges won during Caramoan with 12 wins.
- Erik has the most accumulated days out of all of the contestants in Survivor: Caramoan with 72 days.
- He is also the only person to have given up all forms of immunity (each time he gave it to a female contestant).
- Despite Erik getting 5th place twice, he was never eliminated under regular circumstances, as he gave up his individual immunity in Micronesia and was medically evacuated in Caramoan.
- Erik was considered to return for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains and Survivor: Redemption Island but wasn't chosen.
- There was only one occasion when Erik received votes and at least one of them wasn't from who he voted against.
- In Caramoan, Erik only received votes when he voted against Eddie Fox.
- Every season Erik competed in had a total of 20 castaways. Erik was one of six castaways to do this, the other five being Brenda Lowe, Candice Cody, Laura Morett, Parvati Shallow and Tom Westman.
- Erik is one of the seven jurors to cast a vote against all of the finalists in their season.
|Survivor: Micronesia Castaways|
|Survivor: Caramoan Castaways|