|Born:||May 28, 1977|
|The Australian Outback|
Elisabeth del Padre Filarski (later known as Elisabeth Hasselbeck) is a contestant from Survivor: The Australian Outback.
The only castaway to be voted out on Day 39, Elisabeth is also remembered for her close relationship with fellow castaway Rodger Bingham who she would call her "Outback Daddy", and being Kucha's self appointed cheerleader.
After her time on Survivor, Elisabeth had made the most of her popularity from the show, becoming a television personality and talk show host.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Elisabeth Filarski is a recent graduate from Boston College living in Newton, Massachusetts. She is a footwear designer and spends her free time creating greeting cards and personalized planners, running and hanging out with her friends and family.
Prior to Boston, Filarski lived in Providence and Cranston, Rhode Island, spent time in Belize teaching in the rainforest and spent three weeks in Italy developing products for her job.
She describes herself as impulsive, intuitive, and devoted. Filarski enjoys watching football (particularly when her boyfriend Tim is playing), partaking in outdoor sports, and listening to her brother Kenny jam on his guitar. Filarski played softball while attending Boston College.
Her birth date is May 28, 1977.
Hasselbeck was a fan-favorite from Survivor: The Australian Outback, and was originally a member of the Kucha tribe. She was known for having a father-daughter relationship with Kucha tribemate Rodger Bingham, even vowing not to vote for him. She was the last remaining member of that tribe in the game before being voted off on Day 39 and finishing fourth overall. Her luxury item was a self-made headdress.
|Elisabeth's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|3||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|4||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|14||Keith|| Colby, Keith,|
|Voted Off, Day 39|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Merge, the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Colby and Jeff, forcing a revote. Elisabeth did not change her vote on the revote.
- On May 13, 2001, Elisabeth, along with Outback cast mates Colby Donaldson and Jeff Varner appeared on Rock & Roll Jeopardy!. Elisabeth won the game winning $5,000 for her charity which was for the breast cancer foundation.
- On July 6, 2002, Filarski married her college boyfriend, former professional football quarterback Tim Hasselbeck (brother of Tennessee Titans Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck). The couple has a daughter, Grace Elisabeth, born in April 2005, and two sons—Taylor Thomas, born in November 2007, and Isaiah Timothy, born in August 2009.
- Elisabeth was one of the hosts of ABC's The View from 2002 to 2013. In September 2013, she joined Fox News's Fox & Friends as a host.
- Hasselbeck is a supporter of breast cancer awareness initiatives in the form of an internet-only PSA on breast cancer diagnosis.
- Elisabeth appeared in the 2008 film Made of Honor playing herself.
- In Summer of 2009, Elisabeth appeared on the TVGuide special "Survivor Millionaires: Where Are They Now?" in a segment focused on non-Survivor winners.
- As revealed in the Surviving Suvivor special, Hasselbeck is living with celiac disease. She has written a book on the subject, The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide, which has appeared on several best-seller lists. On June 23, 2009, a lawsuit was filed in a federal court in Massachusetts alleging that her book was plagiarized from a self-published book by Susan Hasset. Hasselbeck released a statement calling the allegations baseless. The lawsuit was dismissed in November 2009 when the plaintiff's lawyer declined to pursue it, saying to the press that he believed some degree of plagiarism occurred, but it was not sufficient to justify monetary damages.
- Elisabeth was the youngest member of Kucha.
- Elisabeth's luxury item was a self-made headdress.
- Elisabeth is the first contestant from the state of Massachusetts.
- After the merge, Elisabeth voted against every member of Ogakor, with the exception of Tina Wesson, twice in a row (for Colby Donaldson in the same Tribal Council, then twice against Jerri Manthey, twice against Amber, and twice against Keith). Furthermore, in the Final Tribal Council, she voted for Tina, the only Ogakor member of Barramundi she did not vote against.
- Elisabeth and Keith Famie were the only contestants in Survivor history that reached 39 days, but did not make it to the Final Tribal Council, since the season was three days longer than the previous season and subsequent seasons.
- Elisabeth is the only contestant to be voted out on Day 39.
- Elisabeth was asked to return for Survivor: All-Stars but declined due to her job offer as a co-host on The View. Elisabeth would be replaced by fellow Survivor: The Australian Outback castaway Amber Brkich.
- Elisabeth was nominated in America's Tribal Council in the "Hottest Female Contestant" category, but lost to Amber Brkich.
- Eventual Survivor: Cook Islands castaway Rebecca Borman used to work as Elisabeth's make-up artist on ABC's The View. When Rebecca revealed to Elisabeth that she competed, Rebecca claimed that Elisabeth "was literally floored."
- Elisabeth was considered for be an candidate for Survivor: Cambodia but declined.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20785/
- ↑ https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.tv.survivor/U3zsup_1rpM
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0866439/fullcredits/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gJwzTYpwg
- ↑ http://cartermatt.com/177457/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-who-was-asked-back-but-declined/
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Castaways|