|Birth Date||May 28, 1977|
|Hometown|| Boston, Massachusetts|
Cranston, Rhode Island
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Kucha |
Elisabeth Hasselbeck (born Elisabeth Del Padre Filarski) is a contestant from Survivor: The Australian Outback.
Elisabeth Del Padre Filarski was born in Cranston, Rhode Island. She is the daughter of Roman Catholic-school teacher and lawyer Elizabeth DelPadre and architect Kenneth Filarski. She has one brother, Kenneth, Jr., a lawyer and aspiring musician. As a child, she lived in Providence and Cranston, Rhode Island.
Hasselbeck was raised Roman Catholic and attended St. Mary School in Cranston, followed by St. Mary Academy - Bay View in Riverside, Rhode Island, where she graduated in 1995. She then attended Boston College, where she captained the women's softball team for two seasons, winning consecutive Big East championships. With a concentration on large paintings and industrial design, Hasselbeck graduated with a Fine Arts degree in 1999. Hasselbeck started working for Puma in 1998, while attending Boston College. After graduation, she worked for Puma shoes as a member of its design team before her television career.
Survivor: The Australian OutbackEdit
Hasselbeck was a fan-favorite from Survivor: The Australian Outback, and was originally a member of the Kucha tribe. She was known for having a father-daughter relationship with Kucha tribemate Rodger Bingham, even vowing not to vote for him. She was the last remaining member of that tribe in the game before being voted off on Day 39 and finishing fourth overall. Her luxury item was a self-made headdress.
|Elisabeth's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|3||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|4||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|Voted Off, Day 39|
| Voted for|
On July 6, 2002, Filarski married her college boyfriend, former professional football quarterback Tim Hasselbeck (brother of Tennessee Titans Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck). The couple has a daughter, Grace Elisabeth, born in April 2005; and two sons—Taylor Thomas, born in November 2007; and Isaiah Timothy, born in August 2009.
Elisabeth became one of the hosts of The View in 2002.
Hasselbeck is a supporter of breast cancer awareness initiatives in the form of an internet-only PSA on breast cancer diagnosis.
As revealed in the Surviving Suvivor special, Hasselbeck is living with celiac disease. She has written a book on the subject, The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide, which has appeared on several best-seller lists. On June 23, 2009, a lawsuit was filed in a federal court in Massachusetts alleging that her book was plagiarized from a self-published book by Susan Hasset. Hasselbeck released a statement calling the allegations baseless. The lawsuit was dismissed in November 2009 when the plaintiff's lawyer declined to pursue it, saying to the press that he believed some degree of plagiarism occurred, but it was not sufficient to justify monetary damages.
- Elisabeth and Keith Famie were the only contestants in Survivor history that reached 39 days, but did not make it to the Final Tribal Council, since the season was three days longer than the previous season and subsequent seasons.
- Elisabeth is the only contestant to be voted out on Day 39.
- Elisabeth was asked to return for Survivor: All-Stars but declined due to her job offer as a co-host on The View. Elisabeth would be replaced by fellow Survivor: The Australian Outback tribemate Amber Mariano (who was still Amber Brkich during Australia), the eventual winner of All-Stars.
- After the merge, Elisabeth voted against every member of Ogakor, with the exception of Tina Wesson, twice in a row (for Colby Donaldson in the same Tribal Council, then twice against Jerri Manthey, twice against Amber and twice against Keith). Furthermore, in the Final Tribal Council, she voted for Tina, the only Ogakor member of Barramundi she did not vote against.
- Elisabeth was nominated in America's Tribal Council in the "Hottest Female Contestant" category, but lost to Amber Mariano.
- Elisabeth's luxury item was an Immunity Headdress (self made).
- Elisabeth is the first contestant from the state of Massachusetts.
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Contestants|
Alicia Calaway · Amber Brkich · Colby Donaldson · Debb Eaton · Elisabeth Filarski · Jeff Varner · Jerri Manthey · Keith Famie · Kel Gleason · Kimmi Kappenberg · Maralyn Hershey · Michael Skupin · Mitchell Olson · Nick Brown · Rodger Bingham · Tina Wesson