|"Double Tribal, Double Trouble"|
|Episode Number||3/14 (117)|
|First Broadcast||September 30, 2004|
|Previous||Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch|
|Next||Now That's a Reward!|
Double Tribal, Double Trouble is the third episode of Survivor: Vanuatu.
Individual Immunity/Tribal Reward Challenge: Great Escape Run
This episode's challenge was divided into two parts:
- First Part (for Tribal Reward): Tribes must work together to make their way through three locked cages by untying planks, using grappling hooks to retrieve keys, and mastering a series of interlocking slide rails. The first tribe to crawl through the three cages to safety would win reward.
Reward: Fishing and snorkeling gear
Additional Stipulation: The members of the winning tribe will have a chance to vie for individual immunity.
- Second Part (for Individual Immunity): Each person must dig ladder rungs out of the sand in order to build a ladder with. The first person to build their ladder and climb to the top would win immunity at their Tribal Council.
Additional Stipulation: The winner would award individual immunity to one person from the rival tribe. Also, he would stay at the other tribe's camp to gather enough information that would help him decide which member of that tribe would receive immunity at their Tribal Council.
Winner: John K. (who awarded Ami immunity)
|Tribal Council 3:|
John P. (5 votes)
Chad, Chris, Lea, Rory & Travis
Rory (3 votes)
Brady, John K. & John P.
|“||Well, what can I say? I survived seven days. I was hoping to stay a little bit longer but there is no way that I think I was outwitted, outlasted or outplayed. Coming to the island and being part of something that I couldn't even imagine, I'll tell you, what an experience.||”|
| Tribal Council 4:|
Mia (5 votes)
Ami, Leann, Lisa, Twila & Scout
Twila (3 votes)
Eliza, Julie & Mia
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||I have met a lot of amazing girls and a lot of people that I never want to see again, one of them being Twila. Twila, you have been extremely deceiving with all the girls. I thought you were absolutely horrendous. I don't think you have the social skills to play this game at all and that's going to wear on the girls. Hopefully, you will get voted off next.||”|
Still in the RunningEdit
| || |
| || |
- This was the first time both tribes voted someone out of the game on the same day.
- Both of the Tribal Councils held in this episode ended with a 5-3 vote.
- In this episode, John P. and Mia became the first contestants to be voted out on Day 7.