|"Double Tribal, Double Trouble"|
|John K. has to decide which of the women he will give the Immunity Necklace to.|
|Episode Number:||3/14 (117)|
|Original Release:||September 30, 2004|
|Viewership (in millions):||19.91|
|Previous:||“Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch”|
|Next:||“Now That's a Reward!”|
Double Tribal, Double Trouble is the third episode of Survivor: Vanuatu.
Challenge: Great Escape Run
This episode's challenge was divided into two parts:
- First Part (for Tribal Reward): Tribes must work together to make their way through three locked cages by untying planks, using grappling hooks to retrieve keys, and mastering a series of interlocking slide rails. The first tribe to crawl through the three cages to safety would win reward.
- Second Part (for Individual Immunity): Each person must dig ladder rungs out of the sand in order to build a ladder with. The first person to build their ladder and climb to the top would win immunity at their Tribal Council. The winner would award individual immunity to one person from the rival tribe. Also, they would stay at the other tribe's camp to gather enough information that would help them decide which member of that tribe would receive immunity at their Tribal Council.
|Reward Challenge: Great Escape Run|
Brady, Chad, Chris, John K., John P., Lea, Rory, & Travis
Ami, Eliza, Julie, Leann, Lisa, Mia, Scout, & Twila
|Immunity Challenge: Great Escape Run|
Brady, Chad, Chris, John P., Lea, Rory, & Travis
| Tribal Council 3:|
John P. (5 votes)
Chad, Chris, Lea, Rory, & Travis
Rory (3 votes)
Brady, John K., & John P.
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for John P.) I'm voting for you. I might be weaker than you physically, but I'm stronger than you mentally. It's just a game.||”|
|“||(voting for Rory) Ain't nothing personal, man. I'm just being consistent.||”|
|“||(voting for Rory) I'm voting for Rory tonight, because you are the weakest guy in the tribe. Hopefully, there'll be four votes to get you out, or tie with me.||”|
– John P.
|“||(voting for John P.) This is our strategy. Sorry, my friend.||”|
|“||Well, what can I say? I survived seven days. I was hoping to stay a little bit longer but, uh, there is no way that I think I was outwitted, outlasted, outplayed. Coming to the island and being part of something that I couldn't even imagine, I'll tell you, what an experience.||”|
| Tribal Council 4:|
Mia (5 votes)
Ami, Leann, Lisa, Scout, & Twila
Twila (3 votes)
Eliza, Julie, & Mia
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Twila) Twila, I'm voting for you. Um, you said you can't relate to women, and, unfortunately, you got stuck on an all women's tribe. I just don't wanna spend another day on the island with you.||”|
|“||(voting for Mia) Mia, your volcano erupts more than I like. Good luck in finding a husband that will put up with you.||”|
|“||(voting for Mia) I think you're a young woman that's got a big chip on her shoulder. I think that you got a mouth and a half, and I think you need to go. That's all.||”|
|“||(voting for Twila) Twila, my vote's for you. I think you have an amazing work ethic, but you can't be here anymore. Sorry.||”|
|“||I've met a lot of amazing girls and a lot of people that I'd like to never see again, one of those being Twila. Um, Twila, you have been extremely deceiving with all the girls. I thought you were absolutely horrendous to me and I think that you did not have the social skills to play this game at all and that's going to wear on the girls. Um, and hopefully, you'll get voted off next.||”|
Still in the Running
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
- This episode marks the first time Individual Immunity was offered before the merge.
- This was the first time both tribes voted someone out of the game on the same day.
- Both of the Tribal Councils held in this episode ended with a 5-3 vote.
- In this episode, John P. and Mia became the first contestants to be voted out on Day 7.
|Survivor: Vanuatu Episodes|
“They Came at Us with Spears!” · “Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch” · “Double Tribal, Double Trouble” · “Now That's a Reward!” · “Earthquakes and Shake-Ups!” · “Hog Tied” · “Anger, Threats, Tears... and Coffee” · “Now the Battle Really Begins” · “Gender Wars... It's Getting Ugly” · “Culture Shock and Violent Storms” · “Surprise and... Surprise Again!” · “Now Who's in Charge Here?!” · “Eruption of Volcanic Magnitude” · “Spirits and the Final Four”