Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Don't Say Anything About My Mom"|
The Final Six anticipating a Loved Ones Challenge.
|Episode Number:||13/14 (370)|
|Original Release:||May 8, 2013|
|Previous:||"The Beginning of the End"|
Don't Say Anything About My Mom is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Caramoan.
Day 35's Tree Mail was a Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE containing videos from the castaways' loved ones: Brenda's dad Raymond, Dawn's husband David, Sherri's husband Jared, Cochran's mom Arlene, Eddie's dad Edward, and Erik's brother Richard. At the Reward Challenge, Brenda's dad Raymond scored the last point to take the win. Jeff called Brenda over and gave her the offer to select one other castaway to join them and Brenda selected Dawn. Jeff then pulled out a second HTC Evo 4G LTE that had a video announcing that, not one, but two loved ones were on the island for the visit. Jeff then told Brenda that she could give up both her and Dawn's visit with their loved ones in exchange for the other four castaways to see their loved ones on the boat. Brenda called the decision a "no brainer" and gave up the reward. While the four were enjoying their visit, Dawn was livid that she missed out on her loved ones' visit back at camp because of Brenda. When the castaways returned from the visit, Cochran was concerned that Brenda's gesture would protect her for the rest of the game and would even get her votes at the Final Tribal Council.
At the Immunity Challenge, the challenge came down to Brenda and Dawn. Dawn tried to cut a deal to end the challenge early since Eddie had not won and they would send him to the jury. However, Brenda did not agree to the deal and the challenge continued. Dawn would eventually outlast Brenda to take Individual Immunity. Back at camp, Cochran tried to sell Dawn and Sherri on sending Brenda home. Sherri readily agreed, while Dawn was conflicted on what to do. When the vote came, Dawn followed through with Cochran's plan and blindsided a devastated Brenda by a vote of 3–2–1.
Challenge: Dizzy Gillespie
The castaways have to unscrew three bars with their loved ones and stack them on a rack. They must then toss three balls on ropes and connect with the rack.
Reward: Picnic with two of their loved ones (one of which participated the challenge).
Winner: Brenda Lowe (originally shared with Dawn Meehan; gave up to Eddie Fox, Erik Reichenbach, John Cochran, and Sherri Biethman)
|Reward Challenge: Dizzy Gillespie|
Cochran, Dawn, Eddie, Erik, & Sherri
Challenge: I Hold On
The castaways will stand on a log, placed at the end of the platform with their arms behind them grabbing onto a handle. At certain times, Jeff will turn a crank, which uncoils the rope, which lowers the castaways and sends them closer to the water. When the castaways fall into the water, they're out of the challenge. Last person standing wins immunity.
Winner: Dawn Meehan
|Immunity Challenge: I Hold On|
|Time Elapsed||25 min||15 min|
| Tribal Council 13:|
Brenda (3 votes)
Cochran, Dawn, & Sherri
Eddie (2 votes)
Brenda & Erik
Erik (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
Unavailable. Sherri was shown writing Brenda's name down on the parchment. Brenda was shown writing down Eddie.
|“||(crying) I'm-- I'm just crying because I was… I'm in shock. I think the reason it hurts so much is that I was hesitant to lie to people, I was so true to Dawn. Oh my God, it just hurts so much right now what I'm feeling.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
Life at Ponderosa
Brenda arrives with a warm welcome and the jury comforts her as she is still distraught over her blindside by Cochran, Dawn, and Sherri. The jury then gives her a brownie, and learns that Brenda lost 10 pounds over the course of the season. They then talk about the game, the good things, and also trash people, especially Dawn. Phillip says that he doesn't respect Dawn's game and says she has no heart. Brenda is then accepting of her blindside and tells herself that is "the game".
- This was the first time in Survivor history where two loved ones came to the island rather than just one.
- This episode marked the first time that Jeff Probst cried during a Loved Ones Challenge.
- In this episode, Jeff stated that Dawn Meehan's Individual Immunity win was the first in her Survivor career. This is untrue, as she won individual immunity in "Double Agent" in her original season.
- However, this was the first time she has won Individual Immunity by herself, as Individual Immunity was offered to a man and a woman that challenge during her original season (with Ozzy Lusth being the male winner).
- Nobody who voted against Brenda Lowe received a vote this Tribal Council, while those who voted for someone else all received votes against them.
- This is the first time such a voting pattern occurred. It would next occur in "A Snake in the Grass".
- Erik Reichenbach and Eddie Fox voted for each other, but it was a third person (Brenda) who was voted out. This is the third time this has happened, following "What Goes Around, Comes Around" and "You Own My Vote".
- Brenda was eliminated in a similar manner as Kat Edorsson from Survivor: One World:
- Both contestants won the Loved Ones Challenge.
- Both made an act during the Loved Ones Challenge that contributed to their elimination.
- Both subsequently lost in the exact same Immunity Challenge (I Hold On) to their perceived ally (Kim Spradlin and Dawn Meehan, respectively), who then proceeded to blindside them and vote them out of the game. Both left in tears upon leaving.
- This "ally" went to the Final Tribal Council.
- Due to the social media backlash against Dawn Meehan regarding Brenda's elimination, she deleted her Twitter account (@meehand) on May 10, 2013. She later restored it after the season had finished airing.
- On the Survivor After Show, Brenda revealed that she had not spoken to Dawn since the season ended filming, despite Dawn trying to reach out to her.
- The eventual Final Three contestants all voted out Brenda this episode's Tribal Council.
- With Brenda's elimination, all remaining "Favorites" competed against returning players in their original seasons and in particular they all were at some point previously on a tribe with Ozzy Lusth.
- This is the first time that someone who won the Loved Ones Challenge gave it up to the rest of the group and still got voted out at the end of Tribal Council.
- John Cochran said this to Jeff Probst during the challenge when Jeff made a comment about Cochran's mother during the Loved Ones Challenge.
|Survivor: Caramoan Episodes|
"She Annoys Me Greatly" · "Honey Badger" · "There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay" · "Kill or Be Killed" · "Persona Non Grata" · "Operation Thunder Dome" · "Tubby Lunchbox" · "Blindside Time" · "Cut Off the Head of the Snake" · "Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest" · "Come Over to the Dark Side" · "The Beginning of the End" · "Don't Say Anything About My Mom" · "Last Push"