|Born:||June 15, 1976|
|Hometown:||Spring Green, Wisconsin|
Dirk Henry Been is a contestant from Survivor: Borneo.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Dirk graduated from Sauk Prairie High School before earning his bachelor's degree of arts in Religious Studies from Seattle Pacific University in Washington. He currently works as a substitute teacher while also helping to take care of his family's dairy farm.
Dirk loves fishing, dancing, and blind dates. Having played basketball in high school and college, it is hands-down his favorite sport. He prefers to watch "The Simpsons" and "Saturday Night Live" on television and declares "Indiana Jones: The Lost Ark" and "The Matrix" as his favorite movies. Describing himself as energetic, funny and loud, he is most proud of being involved with helping disadvantaged kids reach their full potential. He lists Martin Luther King, Jr. and Larry Bird as his personal heroes because he believes they are two examples of effective leaders who led by example.
Dirk's perfect day begins with an early morning fishing trip, followed by a competitive game of basketball until it's time to head for dinner at his favorite pizza place. Afterwards, he and his friends dance the night away.
Dirk resides in Spring Green, Wisconsin. His birth date is June 15, 1976.
A devout Christian and virgin, Dirk's lifestyle was widely respected by the tribe, but it stirred a conflict between him and the gay liberal, Richard Hatch.
Dirk and tribemate Sean Kenniff were on the outs with the tribe for their lack of work ethic (Dirk would read his bible every day instead of working around camp). This and his drastic weight loss worried his tribemates. After losing the fifth Immunity Challenge, the alliance of Richard, Rudy, Susan, and Kelly claimed Dirk as their first victim in a 4-1-1 vote.
|Dirk's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|4||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|5||Susan|| Kelly, Richard,|
|Voted Off, Day 15|
- In 2002, Dirk and fellow castaway Joel Klug starred in a movie called Gone.
- Dirk now resides in Long Beach, California. He is married since 2004 and has two daughters, Asia and Ziah.
- On January 9, 2010, Dirk attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Dirk's luxury item was a bible.
- Along with Susan Hawk, Dirk was the first contestant from Wisconsin.
- Dirk was the youngest male contestant in Borneo.
- Dirk is the first Survivor contestant whose elimination was caused by an alliance.
- Dirk was the only male to be voted out of Tagi.
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|